Profitable Stories on the CHF Tsunami

If any of you or you know someone who made money from SNB’s surprise last thursday please share your story here :slight_smile:

wow lots of stories…
not for nothing 95% forex traders lose

Yes I made money I was short euro/chf and picked up some good cash, but my broker only honoured 10% of what I made, waiting to see if I get it all

well you should get all of it. if your broker is regulated then just complain to the regulatory body. if not why would someone trade with an unregulated broker.

anyway congratulations on your win

I didn’t make any money from the CHF directly, but my algo was on the right side of the EURJPY market when the SNB made the announcement. Nailed 10% profit in one trade from the volatility that spilled over into other markets!

My short USD/CHF was deep in the red before this happened. I thought that USD was going to take a breather after all the crazy rally starting in the beginning of 2015 so I shorted USD/CHF. Before I went to bed that night, my trade was still on the losing side for close to 4k. 4:30am, I woke up by the alert that I set when rate reaches a certain point, and 1000 pounds gorilla just dropped. I closed my position 1 hour after the event with a sizable profit (let’s just say my account was double)! Probably won’t happen again, but I could use the profit now to generate more money in the long run!

For me these was gambling from their side, anyway my account was washed even if it was small :frowning: but i will not stope here :wink:

I was short on GBP/CHF waiting for a reverse when the sudden drop happend. I tripled my account thanks to SNB :smiley:

Did your broker Pay 100%

I’m guessing some good cash to be made there. did your broker give you 100% of what you made? I did pretty good but broker only gave me 10%, still being processed

Yes. I even got 30% more of the inital profit after 1 day due to some technical error because of the high volatility.

I made some gains off of the spillover on some short euro trades. I didn’t even expect any volatility, sice the SNB floor was in place and the SNB rate decision was to stay the way it did for the last few months. But suddenly all charts seemed to go crazy in volatility. At first, I thought my broker was breaking down. When I saw a CHF chart my jaw dropped pretty hard.

Went to sleep the previous night and was down -80 pips in a USD/CHF short I had placed a few days prior. Thank god I do not like take profits and prefer to manually close my positions… woke up on Thursday and was up just over 1200 pips! Took 1232 pips to be exact. The Swiss trade alone, even though I didn’t have much in the trade, doubled my account! I consider my self lucky, and even fortunate. It just as easily could have been me with a negative account balance, so I really feel for those who took a big hit. My friend was lucky to only have lost 10% of his account as he was in the opposite direction as me. Any one find any articles on which firms profited from the move??

Any official announcements about winners? Found only one so far https://blog.hotforex.com/hotforex-client-wins-big-by-achieving-a-gain-of-1355-pips-in-few-seconds-while-selling-usdchf/
Lucky guy grabbed about 1300 pips in a minutes. Interesting what was the lot size?

My broker honored 100% of my profit. I’m using forex.com and trading from US. Which broker are you using? You should probably work it out with them.

Hi,

This is my first post here. This is probably the biggest ever (and probably will be) forex gains I will ever make. I have been looking at charts for years, but never really followed fundementals very much. I never knew about the $1.20 EUR/CHF peg. In a stroke of absolute good luck, i shorted USD/CHF based on the indication of a possible lower price on the pair.

Opened at 1.02094 and closed at 0.87783, made 1431 pips on my trade, it was crazy, my brokerage made trades (even closing of trades) possible only via phone. At one point, I saw the my trade 2700 points in the green.

This trade has made me (I know this is a once in a lifetime trade) delicate more time into understanding the trading.

I totally agree with ya. This is one in 50 years event, or even a lifetime, which it would hardly ever happen again. The lesson now for us fortunate bunch is to learn to trade better, and do not lose the profit!

I think I am the only sucker who hasn’t been paid 100%, still waiting to hear back. spoke to ASIC and they told me to lodge an complaint but wait for 28 days.

well who is your broker. as an experienced trader who has a deep insight into the markets my insight tells my your broker is admiral markets. Am i correct. well if i am right then you are in for a big fight and i can guide you how to get your money.

I don’t want to name my broker yet as I know the owner and he is trying to sort it out for me, its not Admiral.
Have you heard of admiral not paying winning trades? or just 10%?