Global and US Market Strong Weak Rankings

Here is my Strong Weak rankings for my top 22 ETF’s

Also see my weekly market review video at

New all time high for S&P 500, now lets see if we can hold it into the close

Dow 30 has joined S&P at all time high, 18,371 before pulling back

Here is my Strong Weak rankings for the 22 ETF’s I follow,

These 7 made new all time highs this week, DIA, MDY, RWR, SPY, XLI, XLK, XLP

Here is a link to this weeks market review video

the VIX is telling us now is not the time to be adding new positions. Best buying opportunities have come with the VIX above it’s 40 week moving average

Stocks have another positive week, both DOW and S&P at new all time highs

My Strong weak rankings for my top ETF’s, we see the top seven from two weeks ago remain in the top seven last week.

Markets are very strong right now but beware of August and September, not good months for stocks

Here is my weekly market review video

Here is a YTD look at my top ETF’s note XBI ( Biotech) this might be the weakest year to date but has been strongest the previous 3 years and is making a strong move in recent weeks climbing to #2 on my W/S rankings, Top ranked XME looks ready to make another move higher

I am watching what could be an inverse head and shoulder bottom in oil, we could see further pullback with a reversal near 38.00,

a good contrarian indicator of a market top is people trying to sell you on the next big stock move

Here is my Strong Weak rankings for my top 22 ETF’s , sorry I am a little late, busy weekend. These rankings do include Monday’s action up to 2 o’clock

Markets are extremely bullish here, be careful if thinking of adding new positions

Here is my weekly Market review video

Follow up to my Inverse Head and Shoulder in oil, with todays 6% increase in oil price it is looking like last Wednesdays reversal is going to be our low point for the right shoulder, Next we need to see if price can close above the neckline, if it does then 62.00 comes into play after that is my final target of 76.00 to 78.00 ,

Note, this is still early and until we close above the neckline the pattern is not confirmed

Commodities are hot in early Friday trading, only area down is coper, that 6% oil increase is from yesterday, all others are as of 11:30 am est today. I like the continuation we have in oil prices, my preferred trading vehicle for oil is ERX, up 32% YTD vs 19% for oil

Hi All, I am trying to drive some interest in the Stocks & Indexes forum, I know this is mainly a Forex site but Equites and Commodities play a huge part in how our Forex currencies move, when US stocks climb most often so will AUD, Rising oil prices will usually mean a rising CAD, Gold and Silver has a connection to NZD. knowing the current correlation ( and they do change) between currencies and other markets can give you a fundamental edge in your trading. I can’t watch all the markets so having more eyes here to spot new correlations and trends is a benefit to us all. Please feel free to add to this thread or start a new one,

Trading can be a team sport

Here is my ETF Strong/Weak rankings for week ending Aug 12th , The top 8 from last week shuffled positions a bit but all stayed in the top eight, XME gave up it’s top spot, the over all market is overbought and looking very toppy here.

Another strong day for oil prices which take us to our first test, 50 day moving average, normally you might expect a little pullback here but the way oil has been moving it may push right on through

Here is the XOP showing the makings of a Head and shoulder bottom, most all of these energy related funds are following oil’s lead and showing similar patterns.

not advice but in my opinion buy gold because teh stocks will crash in a couple of months its already begun

Silver is a better buy up 42% YTD vs. Gold’s 26%, but none of them come close to the GDX Gold Miners ETF up 124% YTD

Utilities have closed the June 3rd gap, XLU has been in a month long pullback but still is up 14% year to date, if todays price can hold this might be a good entry point, Think long term when buying Utilities,