Global and US Market Strong Weak Rankings

Mostly up day for stocks, Utilities under pressure from concerns of future rate increase but did rally into the close

DOW could see 21,000 buy early next week

Mix day in market, energy was under pressure while Utilities lead market higher

Utilities shaking off talk of rate increase

We start a new week following another strong move in Biotech, breakout in financials, record highs in DOW, S&P and Nasdaq.
Only weak area is energy

More on all this in my weekly market review video

US Markets closed today, I am looking at this breakout move in the Financials, markets rarely fail when being lead higher by financials

XLF has cracked the top ten and is up 5.25% YTD

Another day of record closes in the major indexes with a lager Reit’s (RWR) leading the way up over 1.28% on the day.

All the majors have gone parabolic, and the last move in a parabolic market is for the lagging stocks to come into play and that is what we are seeing with energy, reits, and utilities

Market was lead higher by Utilities ( that is never good) weakness was in Mining, Biotech and energy

more sectors pull back as safety sectors like Utilities, Consumer goods and Healthcare rally

Utilities continue to lead as others pull back,

Markets are rotating out of risk and into safety as Utilities lead market higher

My weekly market review video

mostly up day for stocks lead by big move in Bio Tech

BioTech erased all of last weeks pull back in one big daily candle, Biotech is now back above its 2015 end of year close

Down day for 20 of my 22 ETF’s , only Utilities and Consumer Goods were green on the day

Does this market love Donald Trump or what, following Trump’s speech to congress, DOW gaps open higher, blows through 21,000 and is up $260 as I post this, WOW!

Huge day for the market with XME leading the way up 3% with Financials close behind. DOW closed up 300.

DOW is on course to hit 26,000 by years end,

After yesterdays big move, no surprise today we saw profit taking with only Utilities and Retail positive on the day

We start the new week with major indexes S&P, DOW and Nasdaq coming off new all time highs

Weekly market review

across the board down day with only the energy sector slightly higher, most of the gaps from last Wednesday have now been filled,

Another down day for the markets, lead lower by XME and Energy had a very bearish daily engulfing candle, Only two sectors Tech and Semiconductors saw slight gains

Note; I added a column " % Change" this is the daily change, while Pos-% is the YTD change

Most sectors up today lead by front runner XBI , with the two weakest sectors XLE and XOP today’s biggest losers

Market sold off into the close and my last post missed those moves, here is an update for final number of the day

Mixed day in the markets but last hour saw high volume buying, most notable the Energy sector, this could signal the selling in energy is over for the short term