Global and US Market Strong Weak Rankings

Here is were we will start the week off, Friday was a mostly down day for the markets

My Weekly market review

Mixed day with 8 ETF’s up lead by Semiconductors. 14 ETF’s down lead by Retail

most of the market is a tight consolidation

We knew this party had to end at some point, today was the day, DOW down over 200, worse day of the year for the market. only area up was Utilities

It would had been nice if this had happen on Monday, as Monday selloffs trend to recover by Friday.

about 2/3rds of market was up but only a little compared to yesterdays big selloff

biggest loser was our weakest sector XOP, energy continues to be an area to avoid

Mixed day with 8 ETF’s up vs 14 down so the bias is still moving the market lower, but on the bright side the days top two performers RWR and XRT where up more then any of the down ETF’s

Utilities remain only one of two ETF’s above it’s 10 dma. Showing that Utilities remains the best place to park money during market down turns

We enter the last week of March with the market having it’s worst week since before the Presidential election. The DOW, and S&P are in danger of their fist down month since October, There are sill areas of the market bucking this selloff, Nasdaq 100, Semiconductors, and Tech are among 8 of 22 ETF’s still positive for the month.

Note how with most of the market down on Friday, 7 or my top 8 ETF’s had winning days, showing a widening gap between the strong and weak sectors

Here his my weekly market recap video

Strong Yen action in early trading could mean a down opening for US stocks if these numbers hold overnight

Last years #2 ETF Semiconductors remains hot and could post it’s 5 straight up month and 12 of the last 14 months have been up as well. SMH was up 34% last year and is on course to top that. Such a two year run is not unheard off, as this sector did just that in 2013 & 2014

As expected we had a gap open lower but then recovered and by days end it was a 50/50 market lead higher buy YTD leader Biotech, down issues were lead lower by Reit’s

YTD leader Biotech had a nice bullish engulfing candle respecting the 50 day moving average. If this broader market pull back is nothing more then that then Biotech looks ready to lead market to new highs

Nice gap higher open for Silver and it held its gains into the close. Silver is up over 13.5% for the year vs. 9% for gold, Seeing all the industrial uses for silver I would expect silver to out perform gold over the long term

Those gaps make me feel sick - how people can hold ‘over-night’ and are still able to sleep god only knows!

I get nervous about FX weekend gaps, let alone one day to the next! :wink:

nearly all green today, DOW and S&P are now just one average up day from being positive for the month, Energy got a bid today on volume, nice to see continuation following yesterdays reversals

Nice two day move for XOP with today’s move on volume, I would say the selloff in energy is over for the moment, not a bad place to jump in for a swing move higher

It all depends on what kind of trader you are, as far as silver, I see it as a long term hold and worth accumulating at these levels

Mixed day with better then two thirds of the market in the green, Energy continues to lead this rally

Look at all the green balls indicating price trading above the 10 dma, I think a week ago we had two

Here I am looking at ERX , last two days this is up over 8% and now testing the top of 3 month long down trend channel, if this is more then just a dead cat bounce for the oversold energy sector then I will watch for ERX to break out of this channel to the up side

Another mostly up day lead by Financials which is never a bad thing. S&P 500 turned positive for the month, only hold out is the DOW, Tomorrow is last trading day of the month and we need the DOW to gain 87 points to finish the month in the green and give this post election rally it’s 5th month

We finished the month on a mixed bag with the market being lead higher by XOP, over all most ETF’s trading above all three moving averages,

Here is my weekly market review video

Strong reversal candle last week for XOP, with oil up the whole energy sector got a needed bid. We need to see continuation this week but for now the decline in energy seems to be over

A lot of red today put it could had been much worse, stocks were down early then rallied all the way back in afternoon trading only to selloff again in last 30 min. With NFP this week I would not expect a whole lot to happen until Friday