Would be terrible if I talk stocks for a minute here?

Hi all,

I’ve been with this site for years now. I love babypips and hope it stays for decades to come. This is a great website to learn forex and markets in general. I’ve been trading forex for years, but the last year I’ve mainly focused on stocks, the NYSE. I personally have found much more success in stocks overall. I would like to share some of my strategy and explain why I find it easier overall to trade. I’m not blowing forex away, forex is great it has much more time availability then stocks do, that’s for sure! But I don’t wanna step on anyones toes or anything, so I want to get some opinions before I post anything about stocks here. My strategy is very simple overall, consisting mainly of technical analysis 90% and 10% fundamental. Of course everything I list would be 100% free no BS no email sign up or any fees or any of that junk. Just there is not any stock market forums I see, so I’d like to share with pepole and thought of this site. If anyone is interested please just comment and let me know, once I get some feedback I’ll make the post of my strategy. I will offer to help anyone who wants to learn, we have the PM system on this site for any direct questions or concerns for me. Just a quick FYI everything I do in stocks, I mostly learned trading forex first, so trust me don’t think I’m throwing forex to the side on this one. I hope to hear from you all soon!

You’re trading friend,

Jason :57:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm comments Jason, and for checking us out for years. Risk and trade management practices can apply to any market really, so I’m sure the community would love to hear what you’re doing in equities. Thanks again bud and good luck!

Thank you pipcrawler! I will probably start a thread on the stock market. I would like to share with others, it seems to be a easier market for me to trade overall.

Hi Jason, we clearly need more people posting about stocks, I try to post a couple times a week here but get very little feed back. I am a trend trader using longer term charts and this year has not been great for trend trading forex. Stocks, energy and metals have had better trends. Look forward to your perspective

Hey Dennis!

This week I will start a thread for stocks and post the link here! I trade stocks by 90% technical analysis and about 10% fundamental. I use trendline and support /resistance and thinking of adding the 200 ema but have had great success without so far, so I’m back and forth with that. I trade the trend for short term ( day trade ) but I will hold positions sometimes for 2 days depending on how I think it’ll turn out. When you have 100s of stocks to choose from it makes it easier to follow those trends! I trade using the 1 year chart ill explain all that though! Looking forward to future conversations Dennis!

What we have here is a failure to make new highs in no overbought conditions, RSI turning early. A break in trend with a gap which now became resistance. A fragile 200 day Moving average. A reversal that could be just gaining momentum. MACD crossover with room to go lower. My thoughts are that the 200 day MA is not gonna hold this time and the lower support levels that I outlined maybe in jeopardy of failing as well. With the VIX rising again and an on going trade war, and today’s headline “Economy still strong” tomorrow “Ignore previous headline” it’s safe to say uncertainty is still looming. I think a more meaningful correction maybe brewing. Just my thoughts!

To the last poster here, are you sure that you able to make something like that overall or so ? Cause I am kinda lost with all that matters here anyway totally and completely. As for me I for sure understand that you can get richer with stocks than with forex.

I’d be interested in learning how to trade stocks and your strategy for doing so. You never know what you might learn from related or sometimes even different fields.

Looking forward to your posts.

1 Like

I’m never sure about anything. It’s a long term game of probabilities and when you are wrong you admit it and move to the next trade. Live to trade another day.