2012 - Mayan Calendar - Prophecy - New World Order - Global Economic Collapse

big <snips> but… :slight_smile: I studied your fibs vid yesterday and I liked the “fingerprint of god” idea for the fractals. I thought of what I see as using your approach for newcomers to forex as the way for newcomers to disaster preparedness to approach preparing for disaster. Fractally, of course… :slight_smile:

Do you have much in the way of preparation already in place? Survival starts with the utmost necessity and works it’s way (fractally) upward to more general needs. I have water purification tablets and freeze-dried foods easily accessible. Certain disasters require certain responses and not that many require “bugging out”. You have a forex trading survival plan and I think disaster preparedness requires the same type of thoughtful planning. But I also stopped watching Fox news cuz they’re just making money scaring people (imho) :slight_smile:

Interesting question. :slight_smile:

[B]Global Economic Collapse - My thoughts[/B]

I assume I will experience some level of deterioration in my quality of life. But since perceived quality of life is largely relative to those around you, I might actually experience a relative increase in quality of life. People who are much better off than me will experience much greater feelings of loss than I, having no real wealth to lose in the first place.

In reality, I would see the most benefit from a total collapse, over a partial collapse. A partial collapse might still give the rich an edge, but a total collapse would put everyone on roughly equal ground (excluding the survival gurus).

But of course, the rich don’t want the poor to know that they would actually benefit from a collapse of the economy. That could be disastrous :wink:

I’d have to take a map and a tin opener. Plus a blanket and a packet of matches.

Actually, I’m probably not going anywhere… I live in a big city and if [I]everybody[/I] bugs out, I’ll have the place to myself. :slight_smile:

Get a little peace and quiet for a change.

Okay, I’m going to make some enemies today. (But, why should today be any different?)

If you plan on hunkering down in place, rather than packing up and running, you need to be able to defend your turf. That means guns and ammo. I strongly believe that every household should have one firearm, together with a supply of ammunition, for each adult member. Teenagers who have been well-trained in firearms can be counted as adults, in this context.

A month’s supply of food and water for each member of the household will get your family through a short-term crisis. But, for a long-term crisis, you will need some “real” money, and some things to barter.

Real money means gold and silver coins — and they should be SMALL denomination coins: 1/10 ounce and 1/4 ounce gold coins, and 90% silver U.S. dimes, quarters and half-dollars. But, this stash of coins should be hoarded, and “spent” only when barter fails, or is impractical.

The most valuable barter goods will be food, water, guns and ammunition.

For most of us who are not farmers, it just isn’t possible to lay in a stockpile of food sufficient to sustain our families for 30 days, and in addition provide a store-of-wealth for barter purposes. But, barring actual famine conditions, food will be available for barter, IF you have something of significant value to trade for it.

Water is essential for life. Having a continuous source of clean drinking water could be your most valuable barter commodity. A pond or spring would be difficult to defend: in a total breakdown of society, people wouldn’t barter for your pond water; they would just steal it. A well would be better, IF you could reach the water with a bucket, or if you had a way to power a pump. A manually-powered generator, driving a submersible pump, could generate substantial barter-wealth — but, providing yourself with such a set-up would require a lot of advance preparation.

Guns are not practical for small barter transactions. Imagine trying to acquire 100 guns prior to the collapse of civilization, without bringing the government down on yourself. Then, imagine trying to use a $500 gun to barter for $20 worth of food. You can’t barter half a gun, or a tenth of a gun.

Ammunition is the answer. Under conditions of social collapse, the capacity for self-defense will be as important as food and water. Those who own guns prior to the collapse will have a tremendous advantage over those who do not, provided they have sufficient ammunition.

Many people will discover too late that they do not have an adequate stockpile of ammunition. Normal commercial channels of supply of both guns and ammunition will have been shut down by the government, long before total collapse has occured.

This is where you step in with your supply of ammunition, to meet the inevitable demand. Give careful thought to how you would operate a barter-business in ammunition strictly as a BLACK MARKET operation. You might want to consider doing business through a small network of trusted “dealers”, who would trade a negotiated quantity of your ammunition for barter-goods which you have agreed to “buy”. These transactions would take place in secret, away from your premises.

Ammunition can be bartered in any quantity from 1 round, up to your entire stockpile. The most widely used types of ammunition in the U.S. are .22 LR, 9mm, .38 cal, 12 ga, and 20 ga. A reasonable stockpile, for barter purposes, would be equal dollar-amounts (at today’s prices) of these 5 ammo types, in addition to the ammo you have set aside for your family’s protection.

If you purchase $500-worth of each ammo type, the entire stockpile can be stored in a box the size of a footlocker. However, unlike your gold and silver coins, this cache of ammunition is not something you can easily pick up and run with. This is for hunkering in place, and waiting for the war to subside.

Revolution is coming. Arm yourselves.

Clint,

Keep it simple…

one gun one bullet…

…problem solved :wink:

At the risk of sounding fruity… I assure you I am very centered. Having long been a firearm fan… I am loaded for bear… and nothing concerns me. I have food, water and 3 seperate locations with the same. I am not a fearmonger nor am I an extremist… however, I do believe in being prepared. I could sustain 20 people for two years and meds and clothing… at each location. One I can get to by water… Another by a short distance from where I reside and one that would require a short flight in a small plane or jet. I and my family have bug out bags with individual needs packed inside and I have one with specialty items I won’t disclose or bore you all with.

I have ammo like a fortress and 5 types. Mostly 9mm for my sons and .22 cal for my wife but I will be stocked up for a long time with .50 caliber… Barrett for each of my sons and a carbine and side arm to boot for each as well. Ak47’s and AR15’s dozens of them and a few other toys I can’t mention. Barring a nuke… I’m ready… bring it. lol

:57:

Me to I love firearms so I tend to have quite a few. Ammo is always something to have a stock of. If it were to come time to need it you will not want to be buying it then as it will be expensive. Along with stocking firearms it is more important to know how to use them. Time at the range and the weapons course to carry is highly recommended

From President Dwight D. Eisehower’s “Cross of Iron” Speech - 1953

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

This world in arms in not spending money alone.

It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities.

It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population.

It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals.

It is some 50 miles of concrete highway.

We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat.

We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people.

This, I repeat, is the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking.

This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."

“And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, [I]and cares of this life[/I], and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.” Luke 21:34-36

Peace,

Mike

Nobody here is advocating militarism, or condoning the “military/industrial complex” that Eisenhower spoke against.

Self-defense is something entirely different. Self-defense is not immoral.

There is an appropriate time for arming oneself.

Since you chose to quote from Luke, let me quote this to you — from Luke:

35 - And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, sack, and sandals, did you lack anything?”

So they said, “Nothing.”

36 - Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a sack;

[B]and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one…[/B]

38 -Then they said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.”

And He said to them, “It is enough.”

Luke 22: 35-36, 38.

Ah me, well said and the source well-cited too. :slight_smile: Thanks for this Clint, it’s one I’d missed.

Have a look and tell me what you think.

Cadoux quotes Justin Martyr, from his Apology and from his Dialogue with Truphon the Jew:

For from Jerusalem twelve men went out into the world, and these (were) unlearned, unable to speak; but by (the) power of God they told every race of men that they had been sent by Christ to teach all (men) the word of God. And we, who were formerly slayers of one another, not only do not make war upon our enemies, but, for the sake of neither lying nor deceiving those who examine us, gladly die confessing Christ.

And we who had been filled with war and mutual slaughter and every wickedness, have each one — all the world over — changed the instruments of war, the swords into ploughs and the spears into farming instruments, and we cultivate piety, righteousness, love for men, faith, (and) the hope which is from the Father Himself through the Crucified One. - end quote

My concern about the Luke 22:38 quote is that it appears to lack support, being an isolated instance. In addition, positions to the contrary are distributed through the remaining texts like blooms in a meadow. I don’t speak so much of militarization and war as I do against permissible violence. Up until Constantine, Christian’s refused to fight even on pain of their own deaths. Then, the Church itself corrupted the message by arming itself with money, power and an armed contingent. So even the translators of the King James version had, by that time, been immersed in pouring out the blood of infidels for centuries.

Mike

As it relates to the Bible and those who believe it and the use of deadly force… I respectfully submit:

The scenario is this… the world goes to Hades in a handbasket. Civilian stability has desolved and it becomes chaotic and destabilized in your home town.

If a group of uncivilized folks invade your home, I will use myself, and my family and possibly friends are with me… and I determine their safety may be in jeopardy… I have a responsibility. Let’s establish a clear understanding… I wouldn’t be treating anyone like a Zombie and trying to score headshots as cool as that might be on the undead… but rather I would communicate to the best of my ability if anyone trespassing or possibly risking harm to me and or my family/friends… I would defend them and myself.

The Word says:

[I]Ecc 3:3 There is a time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up.[/I]

There is a time to kill… as sad as that may be.

[I]1 Tim 5:8 But those who won’t care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers.[/I]

I believe this speaks for itself… you are expected to care for the relatives or those in your household.

[I]Exo 22:2“If a thief is caught in the act of breaking into a house and is struck and killed in the process, the person who killed the thief is not guilty of murder.[/I]

If someone comes in to your home at night and he falls victim to your AK47 and dies… the firearm weilding defender is guiltless.

The intent is to keep peace not to look for or welcome violence… Jesus said… [I]Mat 5:9 God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God.[/I]

The psalmist understood that there was no contradiction. The psalmist (David) who said in verse one of Psalm 144 “[I]Blessed be the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle[/I]” said in verse two of Psalm 144 “[I]My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, My shield and the one in whom I take refuge[/I].”

We are promised tribulation and or troubles in this world… and possibly death. I will end with a question God posed in His Word… Ecc 7:15 "[I]I have seen everything in this meaningless life, including the death of good young people and the long life of wicked people. 16 So don’t be too good or too wise! Why destroy yourself? 17 On the other hand, don’t be too wicked either. Don’t be a fool! Why die before your time? "[/I]

I see nothing against self defense of one’s family and person, in a time of turmoil and lack of authority.

However, my original intent in this thread was to see what things you all would grab in a situation where you had to take a small number of things… what would you reach for and scramble?

:57: Choose wisely…

One of the things I would grab besides first aid kit and maybe some tools/guns (They are one and the same aren’t they?lol) Would be the Bible… The values presented in its pages would come handy when the laws that the government set for people are in the gutter. Not to mention reading can be a huge morale booster in the hard times.

Man, if everything went to heck I would want to be out on a houseboat with loads of guns, ammo, a desalinization pump for water, plenty of fishing gear some solar panels, gas… Hopefully they would have finished some of those libertarian Floating cities by the time the poop hits the fan. I would book it to one of those.

Actually I would really want to go to Utah… Hopefully I will be living there soon. I don’t agree with Mormonism but you have to admit, they are really prepared… If you look at homes for sale in Utah, almost all the photos show a room stocked to the brim with food, water and gun safes… It’s amazing… I definitely would want to be on their side!

There are plenty of cool YouTube videos that talk about these types of events… To name a few, NutnFancy, and Scootch… Lots of interesting folks that know alot about this kind of stuff. Pretty much anybody that does fun reviews talks a little about WROL scenarios (Without Rule of Law)

The main thing I would make sure I had if the economy tanked, is my Faith because that is the most important.

I’m not even going to talk about the Mayan bit because there is so much evidence to disprove that… I think they even found a 2nd calendar that ends later… Plus, as a Christian, I know that no man knows when the end will truly come… Especially the Mayans who couldn’t even predict their own demise.

Trust me guys, you dont want to obsess over this kind of stuff too much or else you will go crazy. There was one Youtuber who I think is in prison for breaking into a national guard armory or something… Definitely don’t overwhelm yourself with the Doom and Gloom.

You are probably one of the coolest dads in the world.

I live in florida and again we are being nailed by a tropical storm. There not to bad better than a hurricane. But one must prepare in advance for such events. So provided nothing disastrous happens to the house. I am covered with food and water. In the event something was to happen to my house. The mountains of Georgia here I come to the little cabin we have up there. One must prepare for the worst and hope for the best in everything.

What good is a gun going to do you in the middle of the ocean. Unless Zombie pirates come your way I think your good lol

Your bible doesn’t read the same as mine (KJV). Interestingly enough mine doesn’t match half of the cites listed throughout the thread. What versions are you all reading?

I used New Living Translation in the versus’ in the post… I like it as a devotional and the KJV for study as the errors in translation are widely known and compensated for.

My scripture quote (post #30 in this thread) was from the New King James Version.

I have a book — one of many inherited from my father — titled [I]Eight Translation New Testament,[/I] published in 1974 by Tyndale House Publishers, which I consulted before posting that short passage from Luke. The wording in 8 different translations varies widely, as you might imagine; but, the sense of the passage is accurately conveyed by the NKJV.

But, your point is well taken — when quoting scripture, we should all cite the version we are quoting from.