3 Little Pigs Trading System

You don’t do indicators? So how are you trading the system then? :wink:

It must be via an EA as I notice from the results posted that you are trading around the clock - taking trades at 0:00, 04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00 and 20:00! Do you never sleep? :5:

These are just back-test results I assume? Call me skeptical but would you or anyone care to share some verifiable results on here, maybe via myfxbook or similar?

I thank harmonic, fourcandles et all for their updates, appreciate it takes time to do that.

Perhaps one of these skeptics will go to the effort of setting up a vps and myfxbook.

I don’t sell anything or encourage others to part with their cash. In previous posts every trade for this strategy has been presented and made available for scrutiny simply to establish if it was worthwhile pursuing. The strategy is being forward tested. If you take the trouble to read through the thread you’ll find the answers to the questions you raise.

After a record January we followed with the worst month so far, in February -670 pips, lets see what the rest of the year brings.

All the best
3lp feb15.pdf (49.6 KB)

Hi yohec

Thanks for plotting the results, it really helps to keep things in perspective. Its also important to have others monitoring the results probably using a different broker and not GMT/BST time frame as I am. As you note some brutal draw downs, but that’s the nature of trading, its the longer term edge that’s important. See the trend in the low points of the draw downs on your chart, that seems to be telling me the importance of good money management which I would suggest includes not spending it on stupid guides with reckless claims. The purpose of this thread is to examine this approach long term and I hope you will be able to continue posting your charts

four candles,
I updated the graph to show your results for February 2015. So far, the graph shows that every big down swing is followed by a larger up swing. Let’s hope the current down swing is over and you start a new swing upward.

four candles

I am still interested in backtesting this strategy if you are able to provide a bit more precise info as per my last post.
Thx

Great update - March has had a great start so it seems we are heading the right way at present, everyones updates on here are appreciated at least by me, thanks again.

Yes results and updates are appreciated. Shame there aren’t any that are verifiable.

It’s too much to ask that none of the regular posters can add their account to myfxbook so we can analyse the actual performance (not sure why a VPS is needed).

Is no one actually trading this with any success?

Perhaps you can :slight_smile:

Hi Cyborg

Sorry I have not had the time available recently to devote to the forum. A lot of data in the form of spreadsheets and pdf’s has been posted going back to Jan 2013. I’m told by people who I am sure know far more than I that this system can’t be backtested on mt4, please don’t ask me why because I really don’t know. With others I am forward testing the strategy with good results for 2013 and 2014. regarding back testing I have come to the view that its only useful for deciding if a strategy is worth forward testing. Having results for a certain period in front of you is very different from picking a point within the data set and asking if I did not know the following data what would I do right now? So far 2015 started well but looks pretty awful for the last 6 weeks or so but I guess that’s what we should expect for a mechanical system.

All the best

four_candles is it not frustrating taking 4% profit (your 1:2 Risk:Reward) when the latest update shows over 30% for the EURJPY trade?

HI cyborg

Just found your earlier post, hope this helps:

1. The time setting your trades use ( GMT, other etc.)
    [I]The times are platform times[/I]
  2. You mentioned I think you were using ETX as broker? Are you also using their MT4 and MT4 historical data for testing or a different data feed.
    [I]Originally it was ETX for various reasoins then Vantage and recently GKFX no negative reflection on any broker[/I]
  3. I noticed on the results you posted (have not checked all docs) that the later ones have trade entry prices but the earlier ones do not. Do you have (or would it be easy to produce) a single spreadsheet with all trades to date including the entry price. This would make cross checking backtest to your results a lot easier :wink:
    [I]I found I could copy and paste mt4 reports much easier, dont have time to go back over 2013 postings I’m afraid[/I]
  4. You have your 4 hour bars setup to be based from 0:00 each day?
    [I]Yes[/I]
  5. Your week starts Monday 0:00?
    [I]Yes[/I]
  6. Your entry rules follow the standard Forex Useful rules. In particular when checking weekly and daily closes versus their averages you are looking at last completed candle (i.e. prev week/day) and not the candle still forming?
    [I]Entry rules are that upon the close of a four hour candle crossing the 34 sma if the direction is supported by both the Daily and Weekly its a valid trade. If does not matter if the daily retreats or indeed the weekly. Note holding candles does not apply.[/I]
    Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Yes but its hindsight, I’m looking at trying to automate this multi time frame approach, worrying about past trades plays no part, I’m only interested in the annual profit.

I shouldn’t think so as he doesn’t actually trade it himself which is why he can’t produce any real results. :slight_smile:

Nevermind this interests me as it’s basically a simple moving average crossover system like may others that can work in strong trend moves.

I’ve produced an indicator for EA for this which I’ll put on test to see how this

The system is actually a multiple time frame system, fully explained in a free ebook available from the forex useful website, since every trade has been published on this thread its difficult to see why you claim they are not ‘real’ results. Perhaps you could provide the evidence to support your claims for everyone to judge and I will look forward to seeing the results of your EA

Hi Fourcandles,

As i was sometimes frustrated i missed trades while sleeping started to look for some EA to help me with this issue.
As I dont have 50 posts to be able to send messages please send me PM and we can communicate in emails if you are interested.

I wrote a robot on that system already. I did backtest on 10 years and it made profits, also on forward test it’s profitable for a few months now but has substantial drawdown periods.

If you put the EA on test it will have big DD periods

Which system did you automate?

Harmonicphil’s or Fourcandle’s ?