3 Little Pigs Trading System

hello friend can you please explain how to set sl with image…i read it on first page but have some confusions…please explain it with image…

and your time given here is in GMT ?

and 61 or 271 pips profit in how many days ?

thanks…

Thanks for that info. I do think the SL calculation needs to be modified for each pair to get the best results, maybe for EURJPY you need something with a little more room due to the volatility.

Here is the screen capture of the AUDUSD 8:00 sell

Hi mehulpopat,
I am on GMT now 9.45pm but the charts are on European time 1 hour ahead.
The stop loss figure was calculated as (70+31)/4 = 25, and add this to the MA 9145 = 9170.
On the image above the ATR figures have changed to 76 and 31, as it was taken a few minutes ago.
The results are over two weeks.

I know but I was thinking to get it for free :8:

thanks for your reply…now cleared about SL…if i need some more info. then will contact you later…thanks…

I just finish my EA for this system and it works well :wink: so thanks again !!
I tried AUDUSD and USDCAD.

For the SL, i keep the fit one, SMA34 + 25% of the (atr min + atr max).
For the Min/Max of the ATR, i took the those value for the last 30 periods. 30 because 4h timeframe means 6 period per day and there is 5 day per week so 5*6 = 30

Also, as this is a full automate, i put a TP as well.
Tp buy = Close last candle + 25%(of the atr min + atr max) + (last close - last sma34)
Tp sell = Close last candle - 25%(of the atr min + atr max) - (last sma34 - last close)

Here you can find the code :

double atrMax = 0.0;
      double atrMin  = 1.0;
      double atrCheck = 0;
      double diff = 0.0;

int p = 30; //4h period per day = 6 * 5 = 30

for ( int i = 0 ; i < p ; i++)
      {
         atrCheck = iATR(sSymbol , PERIOD_H4 , 14 , i); //ATR 14 pour H4

if (atrCheck > atrMax)
            atrMax = atrCheck;

if (atrCheck < atrMin)
            atrMin = atrCheck;

}

log(iHandle , "ATR MIN = " + DoubleToStr(atrMin,4) + "   |   " + "ATR MAX = " + DoubleToStr(atrMax,5));
      diff = (( atrMax + atrMin ) * 10000) / 4;  
      log(iHandle , "ATR DIFF = " + DoubleToStr(diff,4));

double sma34 = iMA(sSymbol , PERIOD_H4 , 34 , 0 , MODE_SMA , 0 , 0 ) * 10000;
      double clo = iClose(sSymbol,PERIOD_H4,0) * 10000;
      double tp = 0.0;

if (iOP==OP_BUY)
      {
         tp = ( clo + diff + ( clo - sma34)) / 10000;
      }

if (iOP==OP_SELL)
      {
         tp = ( clo - diff - ( sma34 - clo )) / 10000;
      }   

log(iHandle , "TP = " + DoubleToStr(tp,4));
      return (tp);

can you please give dorect .mq4 file?..thanks…and what are test results for this EA…thanks…

I find your post embarrassing - In my opinion 3 Little Pigs is a sound little strategy that I got completely free - I have zero objection to paying a small charge for the indicator - Which I have now done - And to be honest its plain, simple and makes my analysis even easier (does what it says on the tin) - A small price to pay and I feel I am at least giving the author something back.

Hey bro don’t be angry. I was just kidding there. I still have not tested this system and once I find it working for me than I don’t mind paying for the indicator too.

I want to know something that according to the indicator applied chart screenshot above, There are green and red arrows. What they represent? To go long when there is green arrow and to go short when there is red arrow? But they are too close and too many. Please explain.

Thanks.

Hello dear members,

i want to test this strategy for oil and need help to calculate SL for OIL…

i have attached an image and ATR high and low are 1.0386 and 0.5043 respectively…

so SL is 86+43=129/4=32 so SL is MA -32 or am i wrong ?..

Firstly thanks for putting this on the forum. I am a newbie looking for a simple system to get me started and this has tweaked my interest. I’ve read through the free e-book and now I am trying to work out how to proceed.

I read in one of the posts that you trade manually. How much time to you dedicate to trading? It is unclear to me how to act on trading signals without regular monitoring. Is it as simple as checking every 4 hours to see if there were any signals?

Long term I’d be interested in an automated strategy but in the short term I am more than happy to dedicate some time to do it manually to increase my understanding of it.

No worries and like humour anger does not represent well on a forum sometimes as I assure you I was not angry.

This is from the website “This MT4 Indicator shows you the 1st and 2nd Little Pigs Long and Medium trends (from the Weekly and Daily charts) PLUS all Short term trend confirmations on your 4 Hour chart.” = Each arrow shows a Short term trend confirmation - So when the Long and Medium term trend is Up (as displayed by the indicator) and there is an up arrow one enters a trade (can be on the close of a break of the high) if not already in a trade - Because sometimes you may already be in a trade and get a red arrow - Say you are Long and trailing 10 pips behind the MA and price touches by 1 pip then closes above - You will get an arrow but you will not enter as you are already long - but those just jumping in will enter as they will not yet be long.

This is my interpretation so please don’t hold me responsible if I am wrong :frowning:

Hope it helps.

Hi mehulpopat,
I can’t see the image that you posted but from your figures the calculation should be (104 +50)/4 = 39 so SL is (MA - 39).

Hi chip4pm,
I’m working full time but check for signals at the close of each 4 hr bar. I’m on uk time and the GXFX charts are 1hour ahead so work permitting I try to check at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and occasionally at 11pm.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think you got value for money from the 1 on 1 session?

sorry i forgot to attach image…but now understood how to calculate SL for higher digits in ATR…thanks…

Hi chip4pm,
Yes, most definitely worth the money, Jon is a good guy (and patient when I keep asking the same question!)

So you are using a 1:1 RR ratio and getting good results? That is a good sign. Do you mind sharing the test results that you got with this approach?

Thanks for the explanation. I have a couple of questions:

[B]1)[/B] Say if a long trend is confirmed by all three pigs and I entered long according to that and after some time I see a red arrow so should I be bothered by it? I mean why there is a red arrow when prices are still up on daily and medium term trends? I want to be sure before purchasing that this indicator is actually worth so please help.

[B]2) [/B]Also I was about to purchase the indicator yesterday but I read that they send the Indicator after configured it to use on one account only which I am using but I am on a demo account at the moment so obviously they will configure it to work on that account but say after a couple of months when I move to live account do I need to buy this indicator again for my new live account since the one I already have is good for my demo account? I am confused and tried to find a link so I can email their support team but I only managed to find one email which is a weird address something like <[email protected]> I did send an email and it bounce back so looks like this email is not working. Do you have their support email address? Kindly if you know anything in this matter please reply. Thanks.

[B]3) [/B]One more and the most important thing is that though I have been following this thread but I didn’t check this strategy myself. Is it really profitable? How much you made and does it require big stop loss or small ones?

too many questions but please try to answer them as I am badly in need of a good easy system!

Here the result:
Strategy Tester: EA_v0_2

The modeling is only 90% accurate so let’s be carefull.
As you can see at the end, there is a huge dropdown. Those deals should had been close with their SL … but, and i don;t know why, the tester failed to do so.
other than that it’s a 60% bonus over 3 years :wink: again … to be tested again !!