30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

I think I found a possible bullish cypher on the 30m USD/JPY that may complete soon.

There also seems to be a bearish cypher forming on the GBPUSD 1H where we spotted the bullish cypher a day or two ago. Hopefully this pattern would complete and start some downward momentum to form the D for the bullish cypher and we could ride the wave both ways, right? :slight_smile:

That pattern is invalidated because the C point has a close about the 1.414. Itā€™s okay if a wick goes beyond the 1.414, but not okay for a candle to close beyond the 1.414.

Both patterns are invalid actually. Iā€™m on my laptop that I donā€™t normally use and forgot I didnā€™t have the 1.414 fib saved by default, and that I was looking at the 1.618 thinking it was the 1.414 by mistake. Boy do I feel dumb now lol. Thanks for catching that.

Glad to help.

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but there are 2 patterns on the 8 hour GBP/CHF chart forming right now. One is a bat pattern and the other a cypher. The D points are different, and I plan on trading the bat, then trading the cypher when it is reached later, hopefully after the bat pays out.

EurGpy Wedgy Batā€¦may have a look at it

The first ā€œlittleā€ cypher worked out according to plan. My TP1 got hit at the 0.382 and TP2 closed break even for a total of +26 pips. Now waiting for the second cypher to trigger.

For you guys out there looking for a bigger trade with huge profit potential there is a gigantic possible cypher on the EURAUD weekly chart. Itā€™s aprox 320 pips from completion.

If you normally do not trade that high time frame i do not think itā€™s a good idea since if this pattern fails and the stop loss is really big it would take some time to recover from it. But itā€™s good to have this pattern in mind for a higher time frame analysis of the pair.

Have a nice day everyone.

HI Diablo,

Do you know how to modified EA?

Hi Shane,

No iā€™m not into mechanical trading at all, sorry.

Okokā€¦ no problemā€¦ by the way, can you help me to check whether my analysis correct or not? because Im still learning and new towards this method.

Sure, just post what you want me to look at and i will take a look at it when i have some time to spare.

is it this the correct method? but I donā€™t feel that Im doing it correctlyā€¦ So can correct my mistake? thanks

Edit : EUR/JPY chart

Hi everyone,

I just began using the harmonic patterns and came across this forum during my learning journey. I have been reading and studying the charts posted here, and I am wondering if anyone could take a look at the chart I attached to confirm I am using the harmonic patterns correctly. I believe what the pattern I found is a ā€œBearish Crabā€ any help would be great. Thanks

FYI, EUR/GBP 15m bullish bat pattern forming CD right now. I have my entry at 0.8424.

Regardless which pattern you want to trade (bat, gartley, crab, butterfly) the C point can never violate (go pass) the A point as in your screenshot. The only exception is the cypher pattern where C is a 127% extension of X-A.

Refer to the pattern drawings i posted a few pages ago or just google all the patterns and you will find the drawings. Study and learn the correct pattern retracement levels and it will be easier for you to spot and draw them correctly.

Hey MDFX,

Since i cannot see which pair it is you refer to in your screenshot i cannot redraw the pattern myself. To be honest i have never drawn a crab pattern myself or attempted to trade one, but looking at the pattern you have drawn i would say the B point does retrace to much for it to be a valid crab pattern according to the mostly used rules for the pattern.

B shall be within a 0.382 and 0.618 retracement of the XA leg to create a valid crab pattern. Else it looks really good to me. But what you have there also is a nice double top which is perfectly tradeable depending on what your trading plan says.

Nice one kurt. Looking good. Letā€™s see what the RSI is showing when and if we get to the 0.886 level. Hopefully we can get some nice confirmation for this setup.

I will be really glad to get rid of MT4 next week and start using FXCMā€™s trading station. That trading platform is so much better. :slight_smile:

B looks like it retraces to 78.6% of XA, and given that D retraces to 161% XA that would make it a butterfly as a butterfly is valid if D retraces to the 121% or 161% :slight_smile:

and butterfly typically start off with a 78.6% XA retracement :slight_smile:

Hello, everyone!
Really nice job, Diablo! Both with that beautiful 71% winning percent and with all things you are doing in this thread.

I would like to ask you about your strategies. You said that you use TMB advanced pattern trading. Do you mean by that that you use MSRT along with patterns?

Because I see this patterns alone are a bit risky to trade and we need a confirmation on that - so desirable - D point and seems that the Support and Resistance areas could be the answer, but you said two weeks ago (or so) in a dialogue with TMB that you are not very clearly with MSRT. That was the moment when TMB said he will came up with a video about MSRT.
Well, I can draw MSRT but I donā€™t trust them a lot, I use Horizontal Support and Resistance areas instead.

My question is how did you improve your strategy and your MSRT? Is it to much too ask to make a description on how you analyze the market on a pair?

Thanks a lot, Diablo!
Thanks a lot, everyone here!