40 - 100 pips a day MT4 EA

Well there is a problem with the buy signals and sell signals. They aren’t coded as per the system (as far as I can tell). When I look at the back tested results I see most if not all of the valid buy and sell points would have worked out but the ea fails to enter at the correct points. It also doesn’t appear to exit at all on reverse signals.

Do you use an instant messenger? It may be easier to go over it in real time.

I think you have it 95% right it’s just a few things that need changing before it would mimic the system exactly.

yea i’m on google talk. let me know if you have it, i’ll priv msg you with the info.

I use gtalk as well but not sure you can pm through here. If not send me a message <REMOVED>

commented code

code updates. Set t/p upper limit.

I did some forward testing with this EA today. It seems like it opens trades correctly, and almost all of them are winners. But its closing strategy is still a little weak. So, if you use this to open trades for you and then you watch the charts and close the trades manually, the system can be very effective. I’m attaching a screenshot of the takes I had with this system in the last few hours. The only major s/l happened when I was away from my computer so I couldn’t stop it in time :stuck_out_tongue: But other than that everything looks great.

Oh wow the image got rescaled pretty badly. Here’s the link to it, this should show you the original image.

What charts does it work in?

M15? M30?, H1? All of them?

Thanks,
testing it today.

it should work on all charts. I’ve been using m1 thru m30.

Welp,
I got some little arrows on the chart, but no alerts yet.
Could be because of what time it is and everything seems to be ranging.

Just curious to see if you got any alerts after 21:00 hours GMT
As I have not, and no arrows either.

I got a buy signal on USD/CHF . It bought the pair at 1.1548 and I closed the trade at +5 pips at 1.1553. This was a few minutes ago.

Well check the last msg,
I got another arrow just recently, but no alert.

Is it possible something is disabled in the EA?
Because your original file, the earliest one gave me an alert perfrectly. Since i changed files it hasnt given me the pop up alert, which is really needed.

:frowning:

well it could be the charts that you are looking at don’t have the proper conditions to signal a buy or a sell.

The trade that I mentioned in the last post was on usd/chf on the m1 chart.

Is it just giving buy signals or actual alerts like before?

The alerts had the S/L and the T/P in them which was interesting, but useful i guess at times.

well when it gets a buy/sell signal it will play a little alert sound and open up the trade. If you have manual confirmation turned on for the trade then the new order window will pop up.

I have removed the stuff that it was printing though, that was for debugging purposes.

Weird.

I deleted the EA and removed all the charts and closed MT4 and then put the EA back in the directory and opened it, i will watch to see if i get any alerts, so far none. this is weird cuz it was working before i changed to your new file.

For the Stoch I am using the one that comes with MT4, the Stoch Oscillator set to (8,3,3) should it be MA method : Simple or Exponential?
And should the fixed minimum be 0 to 100?
Or is there a better indicator to put on the chart instead?

I also found this in the log file.

1;39;;;Function “fabs” is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file
1;39;;;Function “sarRec” is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Got an alert to buy AUD/USD at 11:15pm GMT so i guess it worked. Weird, i really wonder why it wasnt working before.I am going to leave it on tonight when i get home and see what else comes about to test. I assume there are more alerts during the busier market hours. Ill see how many i get.

Might want to look at my previous posts for further info on what i got goin on .

thanks

The stuff about unreferenced functions does not matter.

Also, you don’t need to put stoch indicator on your chart, the EA gets that data on its own.

I think you are expecting alerts a little too much… they do come, but they don’t come every other minute. Also, don’t expect an alert every time “you” see a potential trade. The EA creates orders based on the signals frmo the IB system.