40 - 100 pips a day MT4 EA

I have been using 15 min charts and yes ive read the back log of stuff on the forum.,
I figured it had something to do with the quotes being delayed but then again if he was using a 1 minute chart or a 5 and i was using a 15 then that would change it also.

Yeah for sure that would make a difference.

Which chart time is the best to use?

I use 15 mins as per the system.

How about implementing a simple EMA pair on a longer timeframe (1H maybe?) to set your trend, and you only trade in the direction it says?

updated version attached.

whats new in the update?

yea, I was trying to look for differences, but I didn’t see any.

rules for spotting IBs have changed… it should find a lot more IBs now.
the IB indicator arrow now appears underneath the candle instead of overlapping it. It also plays a sound when an IB appears.
Rules for closing an open trade have also changed slightly.

Hi,
I attached the EA on Friday and all was quiet of course… until now! I’ve got it attached to 9 charts and my laptop has turned into a slot machine with all the alerts sounding off :eek:
I tried commenting out the playsound line and recompiling but that didn’t seem to work…so I had to mute my speaker and hopefully you can help me turn off the alert sounds.

Turning off the sound kind of negates the whole purpose of the ea. What I’ve done is make a number of copies for each pair I am following. Within each copy I set a different sound.

It’s a hokie work around but it’s not too bad for now untill Darez can respond.

I can appreciate the purpose of the alert, however, they seem to be going off a little more than they should…I mean I’m getting successive alerts going off one right after the other…I wasn’t exagertating about it sounding like the slots as it seems a bit excessive.

While I havn’t done programming in this language, I do know others so while I’m learning this one, I wondered if the sounds are triggered during the formation of the candle as it goes up or down before finishing?

The different sounds for diifferent charts is a good idea.

I also got too many alerts, so I commented it out.

also how does this EA calculates stoploss and target and what does that blue line mean appearing on a chart?

there is a potential issue that can cause that repeated alerting, but I thought I had fixed it. I guess not. Anyway, as soon as my broker opens up I can diagnose the problem and upload the fixed version.

ok, fixed the sound now.

Thanks for the fix :slight_smile:

Just a question bout the fabs and sarRec functions…I get a warning that they are not referenced and are removed…why are they there?

I was using them earlier, you can remove them if you like.

Also what does that blue line means appearing on a chart? Is it stoploss?

I think the blue line is the take profit level and the red is the stop loss.

Darez I posted to James for some clarification on some things but so far no response.

I do have some questions for you however so if you have some time today please pop me a message.

Thanks

I attached a screenshot to clear things out. Does that blue line mean take profit level?