Alpari UK declares insolvency

You can either sit on the fence and wait for an resolution or you can climb over the fence and make a resolution.

I was out of trading for only 4 days after black Thursday… I signed up with a new broker, gathered some new capital and started trading again.
That way, I still make some money while I’m waiting for my funds at alpari to never return :stuck_out_tongue:
What happens from here is all up to yourself, in this game nobody is picking you up and hands you a better day…You have to get up and keep moving on your own.

Which broker have you selected next?
And why?
If you do not mind shearing!

yeah you make your own luck in life, i dont have more capital tho and i dont want to borrow. which broker have you chosen?

I don’t mind at all.

First of all, when Alpari went into insolvency and I had to find a new broker I sat down and figured that I could make some benefits out of it.

I registered with CMC Markets in Norway due to some personal benefits.

-Deposit and withdrawal is easier since they are in Norway and I don’t have to pay any fees due to exchange of currency.
-They have norwegian support.
-My funds are segregated in a bank wich I trust and also have my own accounts.
-Wire transfer is done very quickly since both accounts are within Norway.
-They have an office in Norway, which means that I can meet and get in touch with them face to face very easy if I want to.
-They have an very good online platform, and a lot more instruments to trade on.

If they are any better than others I don’t know…

I’m still lookin for a second broker though… a MT4 friendly, low spread and no commision for my EA’s.

It’s good to have local base brokerage company. well, in term of any investment, diversity are common way to take, in trader’s way using several brokerage company match their trading needs, different trading method often demand vary condition, both manual and automatic. Manual trade i held with couple company including ironfx (strong rumour they’ll absorb Alpari). while I attach my EA with Tickmill, due their incomparable lower transaction cost , and also tighter spread, sometimes tickscalper EA type resulted overtrade, and transaction cost does matter here.

Good day All, pls has anyone been able to make a withdrawal from Alpari yet? Cus as of today the platform isnt even loading on my computer and mobile for me to check if my money is still there!?? I contacted KPMG, all i got is a reply email stating that i will receive notification setting out the process to make a claim in due course. Pls any information’s so far???

We are all sitting on the fence here…

Theres some info on a website called leaprate.com. we are all still waiting , should hear something in next 5 weeks.

Latest Alpari news —

Alpari UK Clients to Apply on New Website for Fund Claims from KPMG | Forex Magnates

Exclusive: Alpari UK to Disintegrate Group as Buyers Refuse $25 Million Offer | Forex Magnates

[QUOTE=Clint;680929]Latest Alpari news —

What a mess…

Swiss chocolates, anyone?

:open_mouth:

Whoever said brokers have an easy life…

:S

Hi Folks, i came across this on the KPMG FAQ section, just taught i should share it:

Q. What does pro-rata mean in regards to distributions?
A.Clients are paid distributions in proportion to the value of their claims.Forexample, if the Joint Special Administrators were to declare a distribution rate of 50 pence in the £,

1)A client with a claim of £100 would receive a distribution of £50; and

2)A client with a claim of £4,000 would receive a distribution of £2,000.

Pls does anyone have any useful info?? i tried accessing alpari.co.uk and alpari-forex.com, comes up, my login doesnt work on the site neither is the former alpari uk platform doesnt conect, pls has anyone yet been able to get his or her money back?? if so how pls… thanks

All information you need/will get/should trust is found right here:

https://www.insolvency-kpmg.co.uk/case+KPMG+AF119D1101.html

no-one has received money yet, they are setting up a claims portal at our expense, then in a week or two you will be able to see your statement of how much they will pay, after that we will go to the fscs to claim the rest of our money.

So they are going to pay clients back in Dollars, Hopefully everyone will have their money back by the end of march, they said the majority of clients had accounts in Dollars which i find surprising.

Hi guys!

So I am going through the claims portal and need to decide to my money back from Alpary (or whoever is running that show now), or the FCSC.

Does anybody know which place will give me most of my money back? (time is not a huge issue btw)

And have any links to back up the statements?

[EDIT]
Anyway, I just send my claim to the FCSC, crossing my fingers :slight_smile:

Alpari (UK) Limited (in special administration)
completes sale of client data to ETX Capital

https://www.insolvency-kpmg.co.uk/Viewer/pdfViewer.aspx?sid=033jd3cs0kxwj4m0xss51ptf&did=297dc07c-dcfb-487c-b45a-fb7a23837209

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/e8e17e8a-d3ae-11e4-99bd-00144feab7de.html#axzz3VWFbwkQ2

Hi, has anyone received payment yet???!! After using the claims portal???

no not yet, i assigned it to fscs but havent heard anything back.

we need to access claims portal again, only problem is theyve ****ed it up, you can only assign it to etx capital or to the jsa’s and not the fscs, phone call to fscs is happening tomorrow.