Any point in having two accounts?

if you want second account try another broker with better bonus, that would be more sensible

I have two accounts with my broker, one micro and one that’s a fixed spread account, actually having a competition with myself to see which is best lol

I believe you should take this. There are only few brokers usually offer 50% bonus for additional account.

With different brokers, yes, why not. It’s not a bad idea to trade with multiple accounts. In fact that would give you more opportunity to make money and spend wisely. Once we know what’s working, we can get on with that strategy. The real time experience cant be replicated by reading books or blogs.

Hi there,

With all due respect, but getting a bonus is pointless, it’s really unnecessary for anyone who is trading on leverage, no broker will simply hand you money for free, surely the client is paying for the “bonus” somehow. Don’t you think?

There are many tricks involved when you are offered a bonus, so it’s best to be vigilant and understand what’s good for you, sorry I sound skeptical but I really know what I’m talking about.

When trading serious, and planning on making money,[U] free money[/U] “bonus” shouldn’t be what we are looking for, rather than the integrity of the broker, the seriousness, the regulations, the liquidity provided, the execution, the spreads, the safety of funds, service…trading conditions…location…etc

enjoy your day,
Amale

Exactly, with different brokers, but always hand pick your brokers, choose carefully, there are so many of them! make sure you get the best treatment, the best execution, the best trading conditions, the best liquidity, trade only with the best. Why should you settle for less?!!!

Cheers

I totally agree.

Some traders like to test different strategies and that`s the reason why they use 2 separate accounts.

I wouldn’t open another account for the bonus, there’s nearly always a catch when it comes to free money.

Multiple accounts is good if you want to run swing/day strategies side by side… my long term trades go on one account, scalping (well, trades in/out within a few days) go on to another account.

It also splits the risk and helps me deal with it mentally… trading 1 lot across a few accounts seems a lot easier for my brain to handle than trading many lots…it’s a bit more tricky to keep tabs on your total risk exposure but it works well for me.

Don’t bother with the bonus though just my 2 shillings :slight_smile:

EDIT - just read some previous posts seems there’s a similar sort of approach.

If you are successfully trading on a particular broker’s platform, I would advice you to remain there. It is hard to find a broker that favors us these days. If you take half of your money and invest with another broker, you never know what you are up against. So, why dont you stick with one broker.

No real reason to have two accounts with the same broker. Especially if you didn’t even get the bonus.

If you can manage two accounts then its good, moreover your capital is not allocated with one broker, in case something goes wrong your investment is still safe.

Well if you wanna hedge in US accounts it could be useful.

Having a two or more accounts is not bad idea, but having a two accounts with same broker it kind of doesn’t make a sense to me. So be careful with your broker.

It’s smart for a US resident to have two accounts with a broker- one for live trading in their home country, another demo account for tracking indices and commodities.

The first thought that comes to mind is hedging. If you place a trade and you start to lose, on your other account you could go the other way and make money then close the losing trade and you may even come up in profit. Getting a bonus sounds good but like everyone else says they will make you sing a song while standing on your head followed by somersaults through a hoop to actually receive the bonus money.

If you really need then its fine, otherwise there is no need and second thing, if you want to open multiple account do open it with different brokers as your money will be safe and you can also check dealings of different broker.

If you have a lot of capital it is often worth having a few accounts, don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket!

If you can fund both and manage them properly, then you can have double account or more. What matters is risk management and been able to be profitable.

If you are ready to spend some time in managing multiple accounts then its ok ,but there is no such need if you have invested with a trusted broker.

With same broker I guess its not a good act but with different broker, you can even have 3 or more trading accounts. Different people open multiple accounts for multiple purposes.