Any traders from New Zealand here?

Hi Guys. Good to hear from you all. Sorry - been distracted by clutter lately. It’s the hardest/funnest game I’ve ever played. I live in Lower Hutt (Wellington ish). Wd be gd 2 connect up with anyone there occasionally. Sorry- been too absorbed in taking my trading to the next level. Am using a simple 3 part system.
1/-21EMA as bull/bear line.
2/-10EMA as momentum indicator.
Boll bands at 20-2
Risk 1% of capital per trade, max 2% for day.
No countertrend trades.
Enter at 21, take profit at BB.
Repeat.

Regards. Craigus

Morning guys… im a fellow kiwi too… cold today eh…brrr brrrr

any kiwi here hangin’ out at the chatroom tonight for NFP?

To any fellow kiwi traders I am currently looking at trading pure Price Action from Support and Resistence zones.

A lot of it has been gleaned from Tess and Jocelyn’s thread and the rest from Niall Fuller’s course which I am an absolute convert of and big supporter of.

If there are any fellow traders around in my timezone who also like trading this way I would love to hear from you and we could possibly swap ideas and thoughts (and also alerts when we see potential set-ups) from our little back garden at the bottom of the world.

Bryce.

Hi all, another Kiwi here :slight_smile:

LyallNZ - did you have any luck with Plus500? When I try to open an account I get “We’re sorry but we currently cannot accept traders from your country.”

LatitudeFX looks promising, but unfortunately their minimum deposit is beyond my budget at the moment :o

Regards
Greg

Hi guys,
I trade down here in NZ, most days. I find that the Asian trading often consists of slow creep, unless there is some very relevant data out - (NZ or OZ GDP for example) - Therefore, like others I try to focus on trading the European open. More often than not - seems the first move in Europe is the squeeze of Asian positions, and then the real move sets in. Agreed?

Master Koala - I guess, I use the LFX platform, find it good. Will check out the Plus500 gig though - thanks for that…

The official answer from Plus500:

Q:
I follow the instructions on your website to register an account but
when I
click submit I get the above statement saying you cannot accept traders
from
my country. My country is New Zealand. The bonus offer on your website
says I get NZ$30.00 free bonus, so… Just wondering why you offer a
bonus
in New Zealand dollars when you don’t accept clients from New Zealand?

A:
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
I’m sorry but we currently do not support your country. The bonus exists
in NZ$ because we intended to allow trade for New Zealand, but it’s not
possible due to regulations of the country’s government about CFD trade.
It will be removed shortly.
Sincerely,
xxxx
Customer Support Representative
Plus500.com

Good to know there are real people behind the website though!

Cool…hi all… ill visit this thread daily as i start trading 7pm most mornings.

hello fellow NZders :slight_smile: would be interested to hear form anyone who is trading or interested in trading.

Get in touch, keep warm :slight_smile:

David.

Sorry about that guys. I must have gotten into Plus500 before they closed the doors. No good now. I nearly doubled my $30 then lost it all.
I’m really happy with LatitudeFX but yes, you have to deposit $1000.
It’s not hard to open an account with overseas Forex Brokers. I have an account with Metatrader but don’t use it anymore. I think you can start an account with $100. Once you get it set-up it’s easy to deposit and withdraw but takes a day or two each way.

Attention [U]bhops[/U], yup I am using Supp + Resist more and more. It’s amazing how they bounce off these levels ( I always wondered why price action could turn around right on a number like 35). Round numbers do not always apply. I calc P/Points every day from dailies. They can provide a simple way of harnessing 30-50 pips/day just from this indicator alone.U got the formula? can find it by googling or on Youtube I think. Latest fxcm ‘Power Charts’ has pivot points as std T/A menu.

safe and prosperous trading. Craigus

Kia Ora folks,
Just wanna say big hiiii to u all
Nice to find some kiwis in the big bad fx world;-)
Hoping to learn and earn a lot together!
mrudula

its nice to see that this thread which i started couple of years ago is still alive!!! :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well if anyone is keen on starting a trading group for all the ppl in this time zone then count me in!! i usually trade the european session…

by the way im in the process of changing brokers and am seriously considering latitude fx but their spread seems to be quite high compared to my previous broker mbtrading…something like 2x more…

Any more comments on them would be much appreciated…

cheers

Gagan

Hi Gagan,
maybe we can start trading group.ok 2 start with just u n me n I am sure more people will join in!
R u a day trader or scalper?Do u do this full-time?
Which part of NZ r u from?
Oops,2 many questions,lol
Mrudula

Hi Mrudula,

Yea sure man…na i dun trade full time as i have a day job as well…but i prefer trading the european session till the start of US…day trader…cant be stuffed looking at the screen 24/7 to scalp!! :stuck_out_tongue: and i live in the sunny hawkes bay…which is anything but sunny these days!!!:frowning: what about yourself? how long have u been trading?

Cheers

Gagan

Hi,

Im new to fx trading and am in the process of learning all I can. Great to see so many kiwi traders. Any thoughts on latitude fx - good or bad? I have been doing alot of research about various brokers but so far I havnt found one I would like to open a live account with. I came across latitude and so far the reviews have been very good compared to most i.e fxcm, IG traders, CMC etc. I am a kiwi living abroad at the moment and want to get into forex trading but dont trust most companys out there, I like the fact that latitude is based in NZ and has to adhere to strict NZ laws and regulations. I look forward to keeping tabs on this forum.

hi,

i use latitude fx as my broker…been using them for the past couple of weeks n their service is top notch…saying that their spreads are pretty average thou…MBTrading has the best spreads out there but i like the fact that my money stays in NZ with ASB…

hope this helps…

Gagan

Thank you Gagan for the info. I will keep trialing there demo acconuts before making a choice. I like the fact that they are registered in NZ and the money stays in NZ to.

:slight_smile:

Hi,
I am from Wellington & trading on minilots so would be interested in joing kiwi group.

Last couple of weeks were good 40-50 pips& loosing today 80 pips but still in trade so let see what happens next.