Are you using someone elses system or you built your own?

Dear all,

Are you using someone elses trading system or you built your own?

I think that each person is different…each one of us has different personality…and because of that, everyone should try building their own system and make it profitable. Of course, you should take ideas from successful traders, but adapt them to your own trading style.

Do you agree?

1 Like

I have my own system based on techniques and practices of other traders
I didn’t create PA or S&R lines
anyway, my strategy is based on them

I agree. Learn and understand the principles of price action (and if you must how to interpret indicators) and then develop your own options to insert and adjust at each decision point.

I think short-term traders spend too much effort on entry signals: and they are hard to get right. But this is perhaps the least important decision point if you’re a long-term trader.

I agree, but don’t have enough experience yet to do this.

I’m using a system I found in the forum. It’s the first time I’ve ever really traded profitably, but this one has been slowly and steadily profitable for months, so I’m sticking with it for the moment, while I learn more.

1 Like

You can feel free to tell us which one is it :slight_smile:

im built it my own but of course i see a lot of hand plays from different traders you must adopt it yourself what you comfortable with , the end of the day its only you and your atm card , do it for living we really not here only for staying cool n humble , seek traders advice and comments and realize the reality on your own
hopefully there is a lot information everywhere here is one investopedia
from a to z :smile::eggplant::peach:

Well, I am not using any personal trading system! I am working with mainly Price Action trading system. Because it works on all kind of instruments from Forex to CFDs.

It’s the one described in this thread Simple easy to execute trading strategy :slight_smile:

1 Like

are you sure want to trade this way , think again :grin:

It’s a very good and safe way for someone to get started, while practising their chart-reading skills, learning and developing.

It’s based on market realities, and is far more sensible and productive than what typical new forex traders try to do.

Nobody’s advocating it as a long-term way of making a living, Mark.

I really think you’d be better off reading the way it’s described there than criticising it.

1 Like

better he stop what he doing now than later if its misleading advice for the system ,Quickly .
and you better tell your opinion without scaring to criticising someone doing so
i just let him think again

It’s extremely arrogant to think any of us have the capacity to engineer a new system. Reality is, its all been done before. Personally my system is based of the teachings of Bob Volman. I relate to how he perceives the here and now of a chart. All I’ve done is adapted to met my needs. IMHO its how it is for all of us.

3 Likes

bro honestly saying i didnt see myself trading setup where else because was adjust it , i swear i didnt take it from anywhere , any book or any youtube videos i just backtesting things alot
i believe what you doing with boxes system is different with bob volman because you adjust it
but actual all system base is just trading high and lows , breakout
anyway i must say bob volman is purest trader out there simple and easy elaborate in his book

I seem, trading style and method is an actually different question! Like, many traders can use the fundamental trading method by their own style! So, what you are talking about, style or strategy/method?

There is no substitute for building and trading with your own system. When it’s your own, you understand it 100% and have full control over it. It doesn’t need to be a new idea, just a good implementation of a good idea.

2 Likes

I agree. There are established systems available with proven track records (3 ducks, etc), but I think the best systems are developed, not acquired.

I try to learn as much as possible and study as many systems as possible and the logic behind them.

I then try to use what I learn and incorporate the methods that resonate with me to develop my own system.

Well said. I agree completely

In my trades usually only follow my own system, which only using candlestick pattern and price action with look on various timeframe especially weekly and daily timeframe to looking tendencies movement of the trend market, sometime using indicator but always violating rules indicator hence using simple anlaysis based on price action and sometime reading news update

I research successful traders’ ideas and adapt them to my own style.

2 Likes