Auto trading with Expert Advisers

Despite just being promoted to “Junior Member” (I talk a lot), I am very new to this, and am still donating money to my 3 brokers. Such as it is, I have not yet ventured into the “automated” areana. However, I do see that maybe I would do much better by removing myself (and bungling emotions) from the equation. I don’t know how many times in the past I chickened out and pulled the plug before being stopped out, only to see the price eventually swing my way and do what I had wanted from the beginning! Maybe I should “just walk away” after setting the damn thing up, and come back the next day to see what happened.

However, I [B]DO[/B] find this whole EA thing fasinating. One of my brokers is IBFX, and they make a big deal of their EA. (Is “EA” an IBFX-only trademark term, or is it a generic term for an automated system?) I’m not sure if CMS or FXCM (my other 2) have a similiar system or not. However, I have no programming experience of any kind, although I [B]DO [/B]have a Math Minor from college. So, thus far, using an Entry Level entrance, with pre-set stops and limits, is as far as I have gone as far as “automated”.

As to where I stand on the debate, I have nowheres near enough knowledge on the subject to have a worthwhile opinion (yet). :wink: I can see where an EA would take some of the fun and excitement out of it, and perhaps make it boring, as mp often describes it. Sounds like my wife’s kid, who said fishing would be a lot more fun if you could push a button to cast your line out, then push another button to reel in the fish. Ya, right—that sure sounds like a blast to me! lol :rolleyes: On the other hand, it could be exciting having a “money robot” that you designed yourself. Not many can claim that fame!

So, I’ll just sit, read, and learn more about this from you gals & guys, for now. It made me feel great, Vicky, to have you ask my opinion, tho. Thanx a lot. Sorry I don’t yet have any concrete light to shed on the subject–but I will soon!! :smiley:

Thanx,

Potaire

The particular reason I was thinking of an EA was we tend to get emotional so, we starting putting more and more money or as you said chicken out before trade swings our way.