AvaFX: Scam or not?

They probably dropped it cause it is crazy, but i just like their actforex platform, its what they like to call ava traders

agreed with u 100% especially on news time platform disconnection all the time.
good for new traders with mini account.

I had a long discussion with Deborah trying to figure out how one can register with the EU/Ireland company as mentioned in their about page and enjoy privileges like segreggated accounts. I was told ā€œautomaticallyā€, but when we finally uncovered the entry on the irish regulator, registers.financialregulator.ie/(S(fvidhwvylicwfe2s4kull345))/FirmRegisterDataPage.aspx?firmReferenceNumber=C53877&register=32 , it looked like the registration is brand new, so until that entity does the trading I donā€™t see how you get any protection. Just like most other things in this world, I am guessing this can go both ways. The Cyprus location is not so bad in itself, but for all I know they operate as unregulated, just like several other newish Cyprus brokers, essentially an affordable and convenient office location for the Virgin Islands company.

AVA FX has a great platform

If this broker never scammed me since October 2006, then it is a good brokerage firm.

And other points:

1.) Is regulation a proof that your money is safe?
2.) AVAFX reportedly made an auditted second largest profit in the first quarter of 2009 after FXCM, isnā€™t that a proof of genuine status of the firm?
3.) Someone said orders canā€™t be placed during high volatile news. How do you expect to placed an order when price change is going as fast as 30 pips in less than 1 second?
4.) Another guy also mentioned that platform disconnects. I have to state that AVAFX is not an ISP, and no broker in this world has an uptime of 100% in a month. Prove me wrong.
5.) Let me highlight the issue of withdrawal of NFA registration. I talked to someone their (name withheld), he said NFA wouldnā€™t approve the registration because they allow trading of Crude Oil, so whatā€™s the point of even continuing when itā€™s not gonna work in the end?
6.) One last point, I read a scam report from one Adam Pecherski. I know the report is false, but let me highlight that AVAFX would never close your acct for scalping. Actually they enjoy scalpers, because theyā€™d make more money from spreads they charge when you enter orders.

BEWARE ā€¦ CURENTLY Iā€™m TRIING TO PROCED WITHDRAW ā€¦ ITā€™S BEEN 3 WEEKS NOWā€¦ STIL NOTHING
JUST EXCUSSES, LOST MY FORM , DOCUMENTS, COLEGUE SHOULD DO ITā€¦
NO REPLY FROM CUSTOMER SERVICESSā€¦ NOWHERE TO COMPLAINā€¦

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Are you talking about the avafx.com Are you trying to withdraw to your AVA Debit Mastercard or by wire transfer?

Wild accusations onlyā€¦ probably by Avafx hatersā€¦ if not please provide proof and details before you start spreading abig lie!

Hi obluda1! Did you succeed with your withdrawal?

I sent a withdrawal request of $5000 (should be sent back to my Credit Card which I used to deposit money 5 months ago). I sent this on 12 January 2010. The money was removed from my AvaFX account the same day.

Until today (28 January, 2010), I have not seen the money. I have asked the AvaFX support 3 times about this. Last message was ā€œIt was sent to you on January 26, should reach you not later than 29 Janaryā€. That is tomorrow. I will post a reply here when I get it.

Personally this makes me feel really bad, why does it take this long when they promise 3-5 woking days?

I wouldnā€™t say theyā€™re a scam, but at least honour your promises!

No money today. Went to my bank in Sweden to verify that their payment method will work (ie, reverse a MasterCard transaction), and it should not be any problem.

I contacted the support a 4:th time. Now they claim they payed me on the 27:th January. So I guess I then have to wait until wednesday next week?

forex is a biggest way of earning ā€¦/

I am happy to tell you all, I got my money from AVAFX today :slight_smile:

Withdrawal request: 2010-01-12
Withdrawal registered at avafx account: 2010-01-13
Money visible at my local bank account: 2010-02-01 evening.

Maybe life with AvaFX isnā€™t as bad as I thought last week.

It is hard to find a broker listed on foexpeacearmy that doesnt have a tirade of bad reviews. One of the few that doesnt is Dukascopy but that may be because they dont do micro accounts so the same people who blow $500 micro accounts with other brokers and then ***** about it for ever more cant afford to open an account with dukascopy in the first place.

Thereā€™s many brokers out there that can do the job. And, of course, many out there that are questionable. However, there are some quick things I would look out for to help determine a decent broker:

1. Net Capital - I usually look out for at least $20 million in net capital (20 is NFAā€™s new requirement, they must have selected this new limit for a reason - leverage their research and knowledge is what I say)

2. 24-hour phone support during market open hours - If you are having issues with a trade, you should be able to call your broker at anytime to fix it.

3. Regulation - Make sure your broker is regulated with a well-respected regulatory body, such as the FSA. This means a lot of due-diligence has already been done for you.

4. Years in Business - I would select a broker that has been in business for at least 3 years. This means they have years to prove that they are in good operation and sticking around.

Some things to think aboutā€¦ hope this helps. Let me know if you guys have any other criteria.

[B]Adrian T. [/B]

Quite nice to read such a reviewā€¦

I just had an account with for a short while.
I wanted to trade CFD. I compared their charts and qoutes with my real stockbroker in USA. They are so different.

I compared the demo account with the real account. It is so much difference. Also whenever you are in profit it takes reqoutes to get you trade through. However when you close a loosing trade it is made instantly.

I wanted to withdraw money. On their web page they tell you that you can withdraw money instantly by a debit card, however you have to wait 5 days. !!( I never tried ), but right now I closed my account.

Good advice, just stick to a real stock or forex broker.

AVA is the best example of a broker that has a very good advertising campaign but NO IDEA about forex trading and service!
One of the brokers in my blacklist :cool:

Hi everybodyā€¦

Ive tried Avafx some time ago. It seemed fine and i wanted to learn to trade a little, so i choosed avafx, since you only have to deposit 100$. I used my card, and the first time i tried it said the deposit was declined. So i tried again with the same result.
3rd time it worked.
So now i thought i had depositted 100$.
But my account said 300 in credit. I thought it was a little strange, but since i was a completly newbie, i didnt knew why, and i didnt care so much either, since the worst thing that could happen, was that I lost my 100$

But about a month later I found out that they had charged me 300$ trough my account. And since I was totally beginner I lost it all, so it wasnt much fun about it.

But the point isnt that I lost. That doesnt matter. But I think it is pretty misguiding when they tell you that the deposit is declined and that you should try again, and afterward they charge you for each time you tried to deposit.

Just a little warning for anyone who has never tried Avafx before.

GL with your trading.

Ok, Iā€™ve been trading at Avafx for about 5 months now and made my first withdraw last week. I received the money within 2 days which is fine. I donā€™t see any problems there although the support was pretty useless. They could not tell me when exactly the money will be in my Moneybookers account etc. So that was pretty sad but nothing shady there. I know a lot of costumer supports and 99 % of them suck ass. So this was definitely not the worst thing that could happen. I only had a gold account with my 1k deposit. So I also didnā€™t expect any VIP treatment.

What I can say about the security of funds. Afaik, the money is deposited at Commerzbank Frankfurt which is a DAX company and very safe. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s only true for German AvaFX costumers or where funds of traders from other countries are deposited.

So all in all I donā€™t see any scam alerts. my experience with ava fx is ok although not great.