Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Position #4: Long at 2.1140

Moving along nicely, GbpNzd 2.31 and GbpAud 2.133

Closed Position #2 at 2.1412 for +51 pips.

Position #3: SL set at +140 pips
Position #4: SL set at +200 pips

Yohec and Eddie, if you carry on like this you will soon be millionaires :slight_smile:

Hahaha u two truly have balls of steel ā€¦ I got out of GBPNZD with 70 pips before it took a dive prior to NFPā€¦ What is your range usually when you put ur SL from point of Entry

Stop loss? Whatā€™s one of those?
Seriously though, I dont consider placing one until I am a few hundred pips in profit as these pairs are so volatile you could get stopped out every time.
You have to trust yourself. Dont keep all your funds in your trading account just in case of Black Swans

I agree with eddie. I set SL only when Iā€™m in profit and ready to exit the position.

Iā€™m all out from GBP/AUD

Position #1: Closed at 2.1564 for +106 pips
Position #2: Closed at 2.1412 for +51 pips
Position #3: Closed at 2.1400 for +140 pips
Position #4: Closed at 2.1340 for +200 pips

Total 497 pips

Good luck eddie. It looks like itā€™s turning around and going back up after my final SL was hit.

[B]Long term thoughts on GbpAud and GbpNzd[/B]

BoE have only ever said a rate hike would be around the turn of the year at the earliest, personally I thought all along Feb soonest but possibly May or later. The later the better for me as a UK mortgage holder. Iā€™m not expecting a 2nd rate hike in 2016, just the one 0.25%.
GbpNzd still only halfway back to pre-credit crunch levels, so plenty of room there. China will impact Nzd and Aud more than Gbp and, like a supertanker trying to turn around, it could be years before China slowdown hits stop and reverses.
Iā€™m willing to bet on up to 4000 pips rise in GbpNzd and 8000 in GbpAud as things stand

Iā€™m back in the game.

Long at 2.1390

Well, I agreeā€¦

I am aiming for that 3.0 markā€¦

:slight_smile:

[B]Gbp predicted to rise against Kiwi and Oz[/B]

Good article supporting the long term uptrend
Gains Forecast for Pound Sterling VS Australian Dollar, New Zealand Dollar | Currency News UK

This makes good reading for followers of GbpNzd

News, Forecasts for British Pound to New Zealand Dollar Exchange Rate

Yes, I was reading that earlier todayā€¦

:slight_smile:

ā€¦Wheeler (RBNZ Governor) speaking in one hourā€¦

Are you going to listen to the speech?

[B]Risks facing Nzd financial system have increased[/B]

Risks facing financial system have increased

Hello traders,

I have just made a video with a live commentary while watching Gov. Wheelerā€™s press conference

and showing the reaction on the charts from NZD/USD and GBP/NZD.

Nothing really happened, as references to the exchange rate did not provide the focus of the

press conference, which was more concerned about dairy and housing pricesā€¦

I am about to upload the video on my YouTube channel, and I will put a link on Forextown in the

next 10-15 minutes.

Look forward to seeing it :slight_smile:

Rising Auckland Home Prices Pose Stability Risks ā€“ Market Talk

10 November 2015, 23:33

15:33 ET - Home-price growth in Auckland has increased strongly with price-to-income ratios in the region now comparable to those seen in some of the worldā€™s most-expensive cities, the countryā€™s central bank says in a report on financial-sector stability. ā€œInternational evidence suggests that investor loans have a higher tendency to default in the event of a major downturn in the housing market. A sharp downturn could challenge financial stability, given the large exposure of the banking system to the Auckland housing market.ā€ ([email protected]; @JamesGlynnWSJ)

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

November 10, 2015 15:33 ET (20:33 GMT)

Copyright Ā© 2015 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.