Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Sterling on the rise following reports that the Remain in EU campaign is pulling further ahead of the Leave campaign.
GbpNzd up to 2.1300

IHowever, negative CPI at 9.30am

brought it back below 2.13

RPI was also bad

Rbnz inflation report earlier this morning had

limited impact on NZD

‘BREXIT’ RISK WEIGHS HEAVILY ON FUND MANAGERS – MARKET TALK
17 May 2016, 16:51
1351 GMT The potential departure of the United Kingdom from the European Union is now the biggest tail risk for global fund managers, according to Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s latest survey of money managers. While 71% of the investors surveyed said ‘Brexit’ is either “unlikely” or “not at all likely”, their positioning suggests they aren’t taking chances. U.K. equity allocations have fallen to the lowest level since November 2008, while a net 20% of investors think sterling is now undervalued. Global fund managers’ cash levels are up to 5.5% vs 5.4% last month, while only 12% of those surveyed are taking “higher-than-normal” risk. ([email protected])

Contact us in London. +44-20-7842-9464
<[email protected]>

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

A real day of wibbles and wobbles, 80 pips up for the day but looked so much more promising earlier

The app for fxpro has just updated on my tablet, now has 2 lines, 1 blue and 1 red showing the bid and offer prices on the main screen. Nice update, illustrates the spread much clearer than before

and back over 2.13 again. 2.13 seems to be resisting strongly but if it breaks thru, the succession of recent higher highs/ higher lows in H1 and H4 suggest we could get a strong upward surge.
Lets see

Whoosh
 looks like some of you got paid today.

Not a bad day at all. Closed 2 trades for combined 240 pips, have another still running and currently up 300 pips with 260 protected by Stop Loss

GBP Jumps to Two-Month High Vs Euro on U.K. Poll – Market Talk

18 May 2016, 17:29

1429 GMT The pound jumps to a two-month high against the euro and a two-week peak against an otherwise strong U.S. dollar after an earlier Ipsos Mori opinion poll showed a significant 55% would vote to remain in the EU in the upcoming referendum. This compares with just 37% wanting to leave. Sterling gains 1% on the day against the dollar to reach $1.4602, its highest since May 3, having traded lower on the day before the poll was released. It also rises over 1% to 0.7720 per euro, its strongest since March 10. “Sterling is being driven by the opinion polls,” says Rabobank strategist Jane Foley, adding earlier U.K. jobs data were also “relatively supportive.” ([email protected])

Contact us in London. +44-20-7842-9464
<[email protected]>

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

May 18, 2016 10:29 ET (14:29 GMT)

Copyright © 2016 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

So far this month, 17 trades closed, 17 wins, total 755 pips. 4 trades currently in play.
Account growth 14%

Nice one, Eddie.

I was watching the opening of Parliament, all pomp

and pageant, and the Pound’s move at the same time:

I think that it was the very openly pro-Euro Queen’s

Speech (outlining the government’s ‘in’ stance ahead

of the EU referendum) that was the catalyst for Sterling

this morning, even considering that the positive wage and

employment data at 9.30am today was largely ignored.

So that is where the move came from, I think.

GBP/NZD to 2.16 was spectacular , as was that

EUR/GBP break of 0.78 after weeks of congestion

Happy days - but, of course, no logic, as always.

3rd GbpNzd trade closed for 267 pips.
Brings my total for the month so far to 1022 pips and just a shade over 20% account growth

That’s amazing
 !!’

Big Congrats!!!

Just closed GbpUsd for +116 pips

GbpNzd, will wait for the profit takers to cash their chips before I reenter. Have set a buy limit at 2.1515 and will see what happens overnight.

Just in 3 trades now, GbpNzd, GbpAud, GbpUsd, with a buy limit on GbpNzd if the price drops far enough. All long, of course.

Hi Eddie, I see GBPnzd this morning still above 2.16
 2.20 does not seem so far away

My drawdown in the month of May has shed

in the region of 2,300 pips
 It is quite incredible

I am looking forward to positive equity this summer

:slight_smile:

Nice to see you getting those pips back, babies can be very expensive :wink:
With Brexit fears receding, Sterling is definitely on the up. Ive also just gone short AudUsd as Fed is making positive noises, although we both know that may not mean anything

Haha thanks Eddie :slight_smile: The sleepless nights are KILLING me but I am glad that I do not work mornings so I can catch up.on sleep as the baby seems to.like sleeping during the day :slight_smile:

I noted several times in my posts and videos how during the equally cataclismic projections made by experts and bankers during the run up to the ‘Scoxit’ (Scottish independence) referendum in 2014 the Pound was on a downward journey and the much-projected ‘together’ victory, when finally coming true, did nothing to save the Pound: what this shows is the unpredictability of markets, and the moral.hazard of presuming outcomes when, in truth, polls can be wrong and the people of a nation can vote beyond any ‘reasonable’ prediction

So I think this Pound optimism is led by price making and in truth it has no fundamental, solid foundation
 That is how I see it
 I am a Pound bull, but a deeply skeptical one.