Big E Trading

I closed the trade last week but didnt have time to post the chart so here ya go. Almost 800 pips and it was effortless.

I got the idea of trading the daily because I trade a bullish or bearish big wick on the dailies and it is effortless trading and very consistent, so I love it!

I’m in the process of doing a walk forward analysis with gby/jpy and eur/jpy I will post a link with the results.

I forgot to post my entry. Doubt anyone cares anyway but I’m up about 80. Maybe another homerun. Time will tell

3 Likes

Insane pips. I’m sticking around.

1 Like

do you have the indicators for this?

The ones at the beginning of the thread wont work on my mt5

thanks

Hey buddy, just wondering why you started using daily chart as you used to use H1?

Couple of nice system trades this morning. Lets see…

Hi can you help me understand this strategy better please, thanks

I’m also trying to learn myself.
There’s a Big E pdf floating around with a lot of useful information you should check out.

Anyway, here’s what happened to the trades I posted, not quite what I was after but possibly good learning.

The GBPUSD
The reason I got in. Daily looked like it was turning down, the 4 hour was also turning, I had a cross of the TDI on the correct side of the yellow line to short, stochastic was up, and I felt that after the strong move up price could retrace maybe 50%.

What I failed to notice then was that price had moved up quite strongly and is now in a period of consolidation, should we trade in these areas I’m not sure. I guess in these areas the market is still undecided?

I had my stop around the high to give me breathing room. I got in on the green line, price instantly went against me (this happens a lot after you get the clear signal I find?!? so I try not to get too scared, it’s now coming back my way :slight_smile: and has also thrown up another sell signal.)

The AUSUSD
I see I posted the daily chart instead of the 4Hour, my bad.
This did a similar thing.
My reasons for selling: The daily was looking like it was turning around, I had a cross of the tdi, nice angle. Stochastics was up, I saw a trend line being broken (confluence), expected a nice retracement.

It started to consolidate after I took the trade. My stop was in the right place. Before going to bed to minimise my risk I moved my stop lower and got stopped out in the night. Had I have left it I would still be in the trade :frowning:

If anyone has any other thoughts, please throw them into the mix. Thanks

I downloaded metatrader 4 on my iPhone but don’t see the TDI indicator. Is the TDI indicator only on the zip file?

Thanks for sharing your experiential thought. This will be very helpful for new trader. All wnat to earn some profit with a limited investment.
You shared a file for details.

I just came across this strategy on Forex Factory the other evening!

Have a template of this setup on demo.

Looking forward to finish reading the thread.

KC

Hi JK,

I’m new to this method with mixed success - i’m in Australia which means its daylight when London opens which is so much better than Asia - do you know why?

Also on this particular trade - firstly well done !
The TDI doesn’t indicate a clean crossover - how did you know to enter this trade.

Thanks

Hello I am newbie is this system still valid to use and how to know when take profit and stop lose
Thanks alot

Hi @johnnykanoo, thanks a lot for shared your strategy, it look like so profitable.
I have just a problem with the tdi indicator for mt4…whe i put it on my charts nothing is showing in the indicator window… there is something wrong with the indicator or the settings?

Thanks

Hey JonnyKanoo,

Thanks for sharing the info.

My question is can I also use the Indicator in Ninja platform or any platform that offers futures and forex?