Bobmaninc's quest to short the Aussie into extinction

Watching this area too. Notice the inverted hammer just posted on the 1 hr chart at this level.

Yep I am seeing it but cant do anything as I am at work. Looks like a solid area. Looks to be OTE off yesterdays high. Taking out the stops resting above the high made at what looks like LO. Very high probability that this will be the high of the day. Happy piping to you my friend.

Noticing an SMT div b/w Aussie & Kiwi here as well. Aussie taking out the Asian high but Kiwi failing to do so.

Classic if the is a candle confirmation this setup would not get any better than that. To bad I have to missout but watch it unfold. But this right here (even though all I can see is a line chart) is a classic setup that I wait to come. You dont have to chase it. When its the right set up it will chase you. :slight_smile:

and dwon she goes. I hope someone got in on this setup it was classic.

Only up 15 pips at the moment. Still a win nonetheless. Been in since yesterday though.

I have a cult feeling now.

Since I strongly believe that I enter at wrong area. 0.9870 was a strong support area though. The pair supports this area on December 14-19 2011. Today it touches exact this area and retraces almost 90 pips. Now it prints a higher low.

I believe the pair today will print a Hammer. EUR/USD, GBP USD, AUD/USD and EUR/JPY etc… all hit some what support area.

If it a pull back, then price will retrace at least 38.1 fibs i.e 1.1100 area.

I locked my short trade by +10 pips. I am not sure what’s going on. Later today there is FOMC meeting.

(Happy pips should happy now) :stuck_out_tongue:

Any way tomorrow never dies, we can trade tomorrow.

Happy pips guys…

Good luck

It looks as though the AUD/USD is about to cross below the 200 day moving average. Looks to me like the short little uptrend is coming to a halt and the downtrend is going to continue. Same goes for the EUR/USD

Hang in there she is pulling back up which will make a lower high and give a nice place to trail down the stop once price breaks the previous low. as far as FOMC I would not worry about it. Trail down stops and if the event spikes price up and you get stopeped it is what is is. If price goes down then you make more money wither way you win. I personally see it spiking price to set up shorts on the higher timeframes. But that is yet to be seen

Hey Bob,

I’m following your thread with huge interest, even more so since I decided to move from ‘‘Fiber-Cable’’ to ‘‘Aussie-Kiwi’’ pairs in my trading (obvious reasons: Europe is in agony, very messy charts, way over the top manipulation, extremely sensitive on news, also my broker got same spread for AU as for the fiber (only 0.8pips!)).
Got a quick question as you using some of the ICT’s teachings i believe, do you use his ‘‘time of day’’ concept? By this I mean the ‘‘kill zones’’, ‘‘Asian range’’, etc.
I’m trying to figure how to map out the intraday charts for the pairs (Aussie-Kiwi), since their ‘‘homeland’’ is GMT+10 doesnt seams very logical to use GMT pivots, 5:00 GMT (00:00 EST) for start of the day, etc. In your experience (as I see you know the animal more or less), what is the most active time period ( what would be’‘LO’’ and ‘‘NYO’’?) out of the 24 hrs in a day, what you would consider ‘‘asian range’’ (consolidation area where initial levels for the day ahead are set up, etc), whats the most respected pivots, etc?.. I hope you know what I mean and doesnt sound like a non-sense? :20:

thanks for the thread.

GLGT! :41:

Stopped out with +18.7 pips. :slight_smile:

It going down further… that’s not a matter. Any way I banked some.

Excellent question Kubio I will put together something with my mt4 charts when I get home today on this. As you are correct on times for this pair are different. You will always have LO and NYO moves on any US pair but there are key areas to watch for that are very different than the cable and fiber. As of late these times have not been respected very well. Also you dont get a Judas near as often as you do on the cable and fiber on LO. When a judas occurs its generally a stop raid and I will touch on that another day on how to trade stop raids.

Nice you could have had a small stop here. I will but something better on how I trail stops to catch most of the swings. Just as sonn as I get a swing I can enter on. This move here if FOMC does not get in the way may well be the moved for the week. As I said no real true support untill 0.9800

Agreed I was checking that out myself. I’m hoping for smooth sailing right down towards that 98.00 area. Right now I’m up 30 pips. I entered yesterday at 99.40

Just want to show a trade I am watching setup.

Reason is we a entering OTE. This level happens to be mid pivot also entering the sell portion of traders trinity (Daily) and lining up with a trinity level (daily). We this pinbar forms and we can a 50% retrace of the pin bars wick. This will line up perfectly with everything stated above. Also on my next post I will answer the times to trade question and it happens to line up with a kill zone :slight_smile: happy piping guys

Also some SMT divergance. The AU and NU (blue and red lines) made a higher high and the USDX failed to do so.

Hey, Bob. What is your take on looking at SMT in the 15min TF say vs the 1 hour. Although I have messed around with SMT on the 15min I have never used it as a basis for a trade. Thoughts?

Now to answer the question on times to trade the aussie. This is not the best chart I ever made but I guess it will work. First off I do not use the kill zone indicators nor the asian range indicator. Instead I use a forex sessions indicator available on a quick google search. Or just ask me I will send it. Listed on the indicator are the Pacific, Asia, London and NT sessions from top to bottom. I went ahead and highlighted key areas to watch as this is generally where the high or low of the day is formed (sometimes both).

Its pretty simple instead of watching LO I watch Asia (as you can see in the chart). What I would consider ICT’s concept of the Asian range if people need one I would consider it just after LC to Asia open. I dont have an indicator for this. You could use the kill zone indi for this but I just have not done it. Reason is yes there are key times to watch but you must watch all markets open and close times. Anything can happen anytime. But if you look at the chart above they tend to stick to market sessions opens and close times. So I just use the indi at the bottom to get an idea. Also keep in mind that price can make it move just outside this area just like the killzones ICT talks about. If you got any more qustions let me know. I always feel like I am forgetting something

On a side note the above trade I was watching just triggered :).

I use it on the same time frame as the trade setup I am looking to take. You do bring up a good point though as my actual trade chart (the FXsol chart) was the 1hr and the line chart was the 15 min but honestly it dont make a difference this time. Highs are high and lows are lows. The only time it would make a considerable difference is if looking for SMT on a 4hr chart and trade off the 15 min. Thats to much time difference and some of the highs and lows made on the 15 min will be filtered out on the 4hr.

]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25691[/ATTACH
This is latest chart. I think it’s working. Let’s see what will happen.

There is only 2 things I see wrong on your chart.

1. It goes against my short last night (but if you right I was able to move stop to BE and cash out 50% so I still make money)
  2. The Aussie cant into extinction with prices going up. It must go down or I will never own my own country :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness check the higher time frames there has been a downward trend line that has been very well respected and it held last night. So I am pretty sure that small trend line you got will be broken.