Bobmaninc's quest to short the Aussie into extinction

Well I still have not heard from FXCM on if I will see that money or not but on the bright side I took it back. I have made every penny I lost and then some. You may be able to kick a man when he is down but you still cant keep me there.

I take that back after checking my emails it appears FXCM did email me and said they are going to replace my funds back to my stop. I must thank Jason as your name specifically was mentioned by one of your buddys up there and they said you told them to take care of me. I feel special now. In the end when those funds get back in my account my account will be siting in the green again. Not that I am not right now I am only down .03 from the deposit .

Hi Bob,

Glad to hear everything’s sorted. I apologize for the tech issue on our end and thank you for letting me know about it. Rest assured though, even if you’d not noticed this error for one reason on another (suppose you were on vacation), FXCM has a system of re-checking all orders to spot errors like the one you had. When errors like this are identified, we provide the appropriate adjustment to all affected accounts and notifies our clients, even if they didn’t contact us first.

Jason

Jason again thanks for your work and all involved. The money is not back in my account but I made it back anyway. Just good to know I am in safe hands. I understand stuff happens. Its what you do about it when it does that makes a difference. Thanks for taking care of this

Very nice Jason, i’ll keep that in mined when i open another acct.

Sweet, is this the place to complain about fxcm? Nice to know for future. :slight_smile:

Well take that somewhere else. This is my thread about my quest to short the Aussie I had a missed stop so I stated it on my thread. I was not complaining nor was I trashing FXCM.

But I guess some dont understand that and have to state whatever opinion that is. Not to worry babypips seems to be no longer the place to post freely even on your own thread. So I will not be posting here about any trades or brokers. By the way I thanked FXCM for handling it if you read I would have thought you would have caught that

Tell it like it is bobmaninc, way to go.:5:

Sad but true. Glad that FXCM did right by you, Bob. Jason has certainly always seemed a straight shooter to me.

Bob-
I am trying to understand OTE from ICT videos.
Can you please look at the GU and suggest If 1.5060 would be OTE to go long?
Thanks

Yes it will be definitely interesting level to watch :wink:

Yeah that would be an OTE for a long. Watch the 1.577 area as thats a nice short on the daily

Great couple of months to be shorting the Aussie, more pain for the AUD is to come in the next 12 months.

Anyone care to predict the AUD price in twelve months? My guess is 0.75 based on fed ending or being very close to ending QE and the RBA lowering interest rates a couple more times as Australian economy tries to fight off recession. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if the Australian economy entered recession early to mid 2014

This might ruffle some feathers but I would not be surprised if AUD/USD was between 0.645 to 0.695 in about 37 weeks. If it would be below this at this point I would strongly consider going long. Since bobmatic’s thread is about shorting this pair, I would agree for at least the next 37 weeks. I am not holding any trade in this pairs since my personal preference is be on the receiving end of the carry trade.

Hey bob, are you watching any levels for an AUD/USD short right now? I’m bearish on this pair, just not sure where to enter.

Anybody short AUD on the weak August jobs release? Or is this a chance to buy at a better price?

[QUOTE=“happypip;530503”]Anybody short AUD on the weak August jobs release? Or is this a chance to buy at a better price?[/QUOTE]

I shorted at 0.9338 a minute before the release ;).

I bet .9300 caps it until the FOMC release… If tapering is a go then we just saw the top of this pair for awhile.

Awesome job! Yeah this could hold steady until the actual FOMC statement, unless the US retail sales release today turns out to be really terrible. Planning to hold on to your trade or move stops ahead of this event?

[QUOTE=“marypippins123;531353”]

Awesome job! Yeah this could hold steady until the actual FOMC statement, unless the US retail sales release today turns out to be really terrible. Planning to hold on to your trade or move stops ahead of this event?[/QUOTE]

I’ve already exited… I’ll re-enter after the FOMC depending on what the Feds decide.

Were you able to reenter already? I think I was too excited to short the dollar yesterday that I wasn’t patient enough to wait for retracements/better prices. Thinking of adding to my dollar shorts… How about you?