Books - Are there any good ones worth reading?

How good is trading in the zone I keep getting mixed answers?

1 Like

Hi RobotCapital

Sorry I never answered. But thanks for the list, I will definitely check it further out, when Iā€™ve finished some of the other books Iā€™m reading now :slight_smile:

In my opinion, its useful for those who have a successful trading system and want to be better discretionary traders. If thatā€™s our bag, then its probably a worthwhile read.

I absolutely recommend Pitbull by Martin Schwartz. Best read ever, even better than Market Wizards or Trading In The Zone in my opinion.

Trade well,
Moritz

I dont prefer books, i mostly depend on forums and websites like forexcamping for my references, its very comfortable and easily accessible.

ā€œTrading in the Zoneā€ by Mark Douglas really very good try it

Hello for a beginners book I recommend ā€œAnna Coullingsā€ Forex for beginners.

Has anybody else read this, and what are there opinions ?

I think books are good if you are wanting to be involved in the theoretical side of things. Trading is all about practice and psychology. When I started trading with Ironfx my account manager told me that I should pay a bit more attention to real experience so that I can make my money management decisions and trading psychology better but all I wanted to do was learn the theory. Donā€™t get me wrong. Theory and books are a very good way to gain a basic understanding and they are necessary but I strongly believe that if you want to succeed and become a good trader you need to master your trading psychology. You need to know how to keep your cool and when to act. Practice is very valuable.

Jack, I agree that there is no substitute for experience, but at the same time, a lot of valuable knowledge can be gleaned from books. Take market psychology, it is incredibly difficult to learn about market psychology in a productive way while trading live. Understanding Behavioral Finance before one begins trading can greatly help reduce poor decisions. I canā€™t expect to read a book and become a great trader. But if I try to become a trader by experience alone, I may blow myself up before I truly understand what I am doing.

Hello

I recommend The Art of Successful Trading by Birger SchƤfermeier. I loved this book and I learnt a lot from it. It confirmed that my thinking of the market is OK. There were parts of this book that were not addressed to me but I think there is no book each line of which you agree. :wink:

I recommend these:

Trading Systems by Emilio Tomasini
Forex Chartist Companion: A Visual Approach to Technical Analysis by Archer Bickford
An Introduction to Forex Trading - A Guide for Beginners by Matthew Driver
Market Risk Analysis: Pricing, Hedging and Trading Financial Instruments: v. 3 by Carol Alexander
Forex Price Action Scalping: an in-depth look into the field of professional scalping by Bob Volman
Attacking Currency Trends: How to Anticipate and Trade Big Moves in the Forex Market by Greg Michalowski
The Market Makerā€™s Edge: A Wall Street Insider Reveals How to: Time Entry and Exit Points for Minimum Risk, Maximum Profit; Combine Fundamental and ā€¦ Trading Tactics from a Wall Street Insider by Josh Lukeman
Stop Orders by Tony Loton
Spread Betting the Forex Markets: An Expert Guide to Spread Betting the Foreign Exchange Markets by David Jones
apanese Candlestick Charting Techniques: a Contemporary Guide to the Ancient Investment Techniques of the Far East Hardcover by Nison
The Financial Times Guide to Investing: The Definitive Companion to Investment and the Financial Markets by Glen Arnold
Come into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading by Alexander Elde

Have a nice time! :44:

1 Like