Born to Win

I am :wink: you?

This morningā€™s Aussie gave the game away on the 1HR chart before the release, was fantastic :slight_smile:

Was going to ask you both, what are your thoughts on straddling major announcements on say, the 5m TF? Iā€™ve noticed recently that news announcement moves are quite strong with no whipsaw, a straddle would be ideal.

Interested in both your opinions on this?

this might be a bit off topic, was reading the first few pages and thought id share something iā€™ve been thinking about

born to win, I guess the main Idea is that we can do more than what we think, and its totally true, not just in careers even in everyday life, yet the community/culture drives most of us and how we should live our lives, this might go longer than i thought but i will settle down with one example just to point out planning and distraction in our lives,

we live in an age were we are totally distracted and end up splitting our attention between so many things and fails in mastering even just one (job, family, hobbyā€¦etc) coz we all know the way to success but every time we try to do something we end up DISTRACTED by lots of mini things around us. i guess whet im trying to say, it takes more than just wanting something to achieve it, and honestly we all can achieve more than what we think. it starts by aiming higher and having a strong will to pursue, oh and yah AVOID ALL UNNECESSARY distractions. (do i even make sense) haha have a good day everyone :smiley:

Yep, my TP just closed at 55 pips :slight_smile: watching this Euro for today. I hope I have time to trade but if not its okayā€¦

Yea, the Aussie last night was a good one. When I looked at it in technical perspective,at that moment, it seems to me that it will go on a selling side but I have to validate that with the annoucement. It was a good example to combine technical and the news releases but then there are times that it doesnā€™t work, at least for meā€¦

As far as straddling, I heard/ read about it but I have not done something like that. Have you done it? If so, are comfortable using it during news releases?

Well done, PipNRoll and Jalapeno!

I actually have a bearish bias on the Kiwi Dollar (NZD), and my AUD/NZD LONG is my ā€˜trade of the yearā€™ā€¦

I decided to pick last night to re-enter this longer-term trade, pre-AUD event, in case it would give me

a good kick-start to the upsideā€¦ It did not, but the size of the trade was small, so I will let it run

(this is one that I am prepared to sit on because I am confident that the fundamentals for this pair

are to the upside).

Thatā€™s all of it!

Regarding ā€˜straddlingā€™ (what a naughty wordā€¦ahem)ā€¦ :open_mouth:

I have done a bit of this (we are talking about trading, now)!! It is a good system, also known as

the ā€˜gridā€™ system, where you put entry orders either side of current price, so regardless of where the

pair heads (up or down) you will get at least one winnerā€¦ However, whipsaws do occur, and you

could end up having two trades open and both ending up on the losing sideā€¦ Or, getting stopped

out twice overā€¦ I have not done enough practice of this, but I was using this ā€˜straddlingā€™ system

last year:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/56880-testing-new-system-2.html

Cheers

Lol I almost spill my coffee! I didnā€™t know that there is another ā€œmeaningā€ ā€¦ Silly

No.2 on this page:

Urban Dictionary: Straddling

Excuse me for introducing something extraneous to the thread topicā€¦

Please forget my link and carry on with your topic!

Cheers

Absolutely! I agree with you.

As per Zig Ziglar says, You plan your tomorrows by understanding the vision you have for success, and you set your goals to accomplish your vision. Then you prepare and equip yourself with the knowledge, support, and tool you need to execute your goals. When you have planned and prepared, you will earn the right to expect to win, and expecting to win means doing what it takes to recognize hope and opportunity, which will support a great, positive attitude about your life and how you live it.

Almost everything in life we can plan and we can prepare. For example: If we wanted to lose weight, we can come up with a plan, set goals and prepared to do it, then and only then we can expect that we lose some weight. Same thing if we wanted to quit our jobs or switch/change our career, we can plan and look for other jobs then we can prepare ourselves to be ready to take on a new job and work our way around it until we are comfortable again. Set a new goal then expect to win or to grow in that new career that we choose. Lastly, if we wanted to gain the Financial Freedom that almost everyone is hoping for, we can plan and set goals when we wanted to be debt free and stuck away for retirements or buy more investments/property, we can plan/prepare how to get there then we can expect to win or gain the financial freedom that we wantedā€¦ Same thing in trading.

All of the above is something that we have a control off. Though, there are some things in our life that we cannot control, planned or prepared for such as death of our love once, natural disaster, health issue, etcā€¦ but more often than not, we can control most of this .Distractions will always be there. It is our choice if we wanted to be distracted or should we rather focus on the things that matter to us. Itā€™s our choice that we made today that will determine our futureā€¦

You and I can relate to this. I promiseā€¦ read up!

Worry is the result of thinking and imagining what might happen in the futureā€¦

The only reality people have is what is going on in their lives today. It is in the events of the day that life transpires,and anything based on tomorrow is pure speculation. If you have planned and prepared, you can have reasonable expectations about the future. If you take care of your health through a good diet coupled with exercise, you can reasonably expect good health in the future. If you save and invest your financial resources, you can reasonably expect to have financial security in the futureā€¦

The truth is that worrying creates extreme physical stress on your body. As a matter of fact, worry actually causes your body to generate hormones that create real anxiety. And it all comes from sitting around thinking about all the things that went wrong, are wrong, or could go wrong. A great solution for this is to get up in your worry chair and do something. Go for a walk, do some laundry, or call a friend.

Indecision is also one of the main cause of worry. When you are unclear about taking a specific action, you are constantly tempted to think about the problem or challenge you may be facing, and thatā€™s when you begin to imagine all the bad things that can happen. The solution to this situation is to do to make a decision. Donā€™t be afraid of making a wrong decision, either. Once you make a decision you can stop worrying about the problem and move ahead. Winston Churchill said, [I]" I never worry about action, but only inaction." Harry Truman said, ā€œOnce a decision was made, I did not worry about it afterward.ā€ [/I]Even if the results of your decision turn out to be less than you hoped for, you will learn from your mistake and be able to make a better decision next time.

Another source of worry is called ā€œperfectionistic thinking.ā€ Many people think if they are not perfect they will be considered a failure. This kind of attitude makes it difficult for a person to experience the normal setbacks in life and walk through them. An example would be that just because you failed to get a particular job or position, you develop the attitude that will never get a job or a position. [B]Remember, failure is an event, not a person.[/B]

[B]Continued:[/B]

Zig Ziglar said, " I never worry because I know who I am and I know Whose I am. I know that the principles I live by are true and correct. I also know that I always try to do the right thing, and when you do the right things in life, you do not have to worry about the results. As a matter of fact, if Iā€™ve done the right thing everyday Iā€™m not even responsible for results. I just get the benefit of what I do, and the benefits are usually better than I could have hoped for."

If you have planned well and set good goals, you can have confidence that you know where you want and need to go. If you have done what you need to do to prepare yourself to win, you do not have to worry. You will have no justification to worry about failure. You can expect to win!

Some people say that motivational message and positive thinking is all a waste of time and money because it doesnā€™t last. People might be charged up temporarily, but they always drift back into their old habits and ways. People who make these kinds of remarks donā€™t understand the power of thinking positively and what it takes to maintain a positive attitude.

[B]Motivation is not permanent, but neither is bathing or eating[/B]. If you eat and bathe everyday, youā€™ll live longer and smell better in the process. Winning is something you need to be motivated enough to do everyday. Staying motivated enough to win is the only way to achieve long-term winning results. Staying motivated even if you have a bad day or life just knock you down. If positive attitude is the best way to go, why is it there are so many people, businesses, and organization donā€™t get a better result or achieve what they want to accomplished in life? The reason is, positive thinking and what it takes to remain positive are misunderstood. It is difficult for everyone to became or remain positive all the time. It will not helped either if you have so many ā€œdistractionsā€ in your life that you do not know how to block the ā€œnoiseā€ and stay focus.

Positive thinking wont allow you to do anything, but it will allow you to do [B]everything[/B] better than negative thinking will. When a person or a team or a business is characterized by negative thinking, they will always live down to their negative expectations. Positive thinking, on the other hand, will lift them to higher levels as they live up to their positive expectations.

Positive expectations and how you approach it (as Zig mention numerous times) is to plan your tomorrows by understanding the vision you have for success, and you set your goals to accomplish your vision. Then you prepare and equip yourself with the knowledge, support, and tools you need to execute your goals. When you have planned and prepared, you will earn the right to expect to win, and expecting to win means doing what it takes to recognize hope and opportunity, which will support a great, positive attitude about your life and how you live it.

This will be the last key pointers I have on this bookā€¦

I hope it had helped you in some ways as much as it did to meā€¦ We are all born to win this!

Good-luck everyone!

PNR

Its just to valuable not to share :slight_smile:

[I][B]Believing[/B] is one of the strongest words in our language because it demonstrates that your heart is in the objective. We can measure speed, strength, intelligence, and a host of other things, but we cannot measure the ā€œheart,ā€ which is ā€œdrive,ā€ ā€œdesire,ā€ ā€œwant to,ā€ and so on. A high jumper who broke a worldā€™s record was asked how he did it. He responded, ā€œ I threw my heart over the bar and the rest of me followed.ā€

Positive believing is something that goes beyond positive thinking, which gives you the freedom and confidence to use your ability. Positive believing involves a new dimension that brings your heart into the picture and gives you a ā€œfeelingā€ and passion that move you from having a ā€œjobā€ to the jobā€™s having you. Thatā€™s critical because we can measure a personā€™s IQ, but we cannot measure the EI ([B]Emotional Intelligence[/B]). According to extensive research done by Harvard psychologist Daniel Goleman, EI is even more important because it brings energy, self-control, discipline, and a host of other intangibles to the individualā€™s list of ā€œsuccessā€ qualities, which will move that individual to a much higher level of accomplishment.
[/I]

[I]I like the things money can buy, and Iā€™ll bet you do, too. I like nice clothes, a beautiful residence, big, comfortable cars, relaxing vacations, membership in a nice country club, and so on. However, I love the things money wonā€™t buy. It will buy me a house, but not a home; a bed, but not a good nightā€™s sleep; pleasure, but not happiness; a good time, but not peace of mind; and a companion, but not a friend.

[B]ā€œMoney will buy all kinds of things for my family, but it wonā€™t buy their love.ā€
[/B]
If you go for standard of living (money) first, you will probably earn considerable sums of money, but you will have no guarantee that your quality of life will improve. However, if you go for quality of life first, your standard of living will inevitably go up. With this approach you will arrive at the end of lifeā€™s road with more of the things that money canā€™t buy.
[/I]

[B]Character gets you out of bed; commitment moves you to action. Faith, hope, and discipline enable you to follow through to completion. [/B]~ Zig

[B]Check the records. There has never been an undisciplined person who was a champion. Regardless of the field of endeavor, youā€™ll find this to be true.[/B]

These is why personal growth as a lifetime commitment is so important. When were growing and making progress in our lives, itā€™s easier to handle the physical and or emotional pain that serve as distractions for people who are not disciplined and who do not have their lives focused toward specific objectives.

Success is not a destination: It is a journey. The happiest people I know are those who are busily working towards specific objectives. The most bored and miserable people I know are those who are drifting along with no worthwhile objectives on mindā€¦

ā€œHappiness is a by-product of who you are and what you do. And yes, you can set it as a specific goalā€

Thanks for the in-depth!