Brokers for Newbies and Not

Not much [I]individually[/I], certainly, as each is merely an isolated opinion.

But part of the value of people sharing their individual experiences in forums, unarguably, is that other members and readers can assimilate the accumulation of those impressions [I]collectively[/I], and be influenced by them with a view to determining which brokers and platforms they want to try out for themselves.

That’s a perfectly valid principle - as is the observation that several people, both here and in other forums (including some pretty experienced and successful traders), have recently experienced great difficulties over Oanda’s sudden spread disasters.

It’s also perfectly legitimate and natural for people like myself, who happily traded at Oanda for years and are on the record here as recommending the brokerage to aspiring traders, to want to publicise the fact that recent changes there have made us want to retract our earlier observations, and to be clear with people that [U]we would no longer trade there ourselves[/U].

I appreciate (as do many members and forum staff here) that you’re offering some kind of incentivised referral to Oanda so that people, through your link, can get introductory bonuses there, and that you’re encouraging people to contact you for that reason, and that indeed the moderators have removed a couple of your posts for that very reason; I therefore know that this will to some extent perhaps be “bad news” for you - but I can’t actually help that. :8:

Regarding the issue of people posting in colour, I think most members understand that the reason people sometimes do that is simply that it’s a convenient way of prominently differentiating between quoted comments made in a previous post and their own sentence-by-sentence responses to those comments, without having to use the “quote”/“unquote” gadget all over the place; and it’s something we should tolerate for that reason. (I agree with you that red is probably an unfortunate colour for people to choose.)

There a specific thread for paintings … I’m “just saying”!

Please put more discussion on other brokers here instead of concentrating on one.

Thank you for the mixed replies. Looking for brokers all the time. Did not put referral link for bonus and that deal is ending soon, so mentioned them and others, (referral link was put in my post by someone to redirect readers and incentivised to go to another post, at least suggest other brokers if you do not like some, put pros and cons) but if you have any good broker and deal, can discuss it from all angles from minimum lots to your years of experience, happy to look at them. Is not why it is brokers forum? The spreads with them and with other brokers have been changing over years. It is ongoing. It is not the first day it happened with them. If you indeed traded using that broker should have noticed spreads behavior long time before. Did you really trade with them?

You do try to correct on knowledge, painting colors and so on. It is publicize not publicise btw. Used them to get in to FOREX with around $10, tried different strategies with little funds, but for the swings trade they are not as good no doubt. May be that’s why they released new v20 platform for faster execution of trades as these spikes is disadvantage with them.

Again, be respectful to this post as you want others be respectful to yours. Lexus, you are in forums longer, can you clarify if want to ask anybody on trading experience, platform, spreads, pairs, deals can it be done through forums, send email and so on. Understand it is forums by subjects mainly and that is why it is subdivided here.

Regarding painting and referrals. One person referred readers to his so called spread post with link and another referred to painting post with link. Who is using this thread for link referrals lately? Instead of putting red inks in here, put many colors or better go to that painting thread and continue beautiful discussion there.

Have a great and colorful weekend.

The two most obvious differences are (a) that [B]one is financially incentivised[/B] and the other not, and (b) that [B]one is breaking the forum’s rules[/B] (regarding solicitation, which is why your posts were deleted) and the other isn’t.

Thank you - you also. :cool:

How did you arrive at that statistics?

Not exactly sure about what you’re getting at here, seems to me you’re getting your panties all up in a bunch over a specific writing style which was set out to specifically pin point what comments I was referring to.

I try to post good and valuable information to spark up conversation with more veteran traders, people who have been in the field longer than me so I can draw upon their experience and wisdom. I don’t post to bad mouth anyone off, we’re all here to learn and make it as traders, not for the thread to get turned into a flame fest.

If you disagree with someone or dislike their writing styles try to keep that to yourself and not flame post about it, just aim to keep posts as helpful, mature and professional as possible :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Steven

You would arrive at this statistics too if ask yourself a question how do those websites earn :slight_smile:

One person discuss artwork and something intelligent and you go with an ugly, distasteful, stupid panties comment. Is it the best of you? May be you should go to another forum and discuss your clothes there. Show the minimum respect if it is even possible and is in your vocabulary.

Want to see here great input from you. If you cannot put comment on good brokers from your real experiences, not demo, than please do not distort this thread. There are lots of negatives in brokers, many know them. Here is the thread to find positives.

Not gonna have time to reply to comments if it is not about discussing or suggesting decent brokers. Told my choices, can help with referrals bonuses with some that mentioned, but look to hear what people suggest too. Get down to real suggestions or just leave this place. If you veteran trader you should able to comment on more than 1 broker or 1 disadvantage.

1 Like

It is a guess. The whole point in forums like this one is not to rely on guesses, rankings, but see what people say about their particular broker experiences.

Assign your own ratings based on experience rather than these sites. Why keep looking at these sites and keep making guess.
All the veteran traders are welcomed because of these valuable expertise.

Can you guys put brokers in 3 categories. 1 You would say top and will sign 2 If it is OK and can be under consideration for various strategies, bonuses, lot sizes, spreads and so on. 3 If it is a scam broker in most of the ways, but no need to put them if so many. Just good or decent ones. Look for good deals all the time as all people do. Will start with top choices, hope you add. Some were suggested on this forum, some used successfully.

If can assign rating from 10 to 0. Will add up and average, you can message.

1 Hotspot, Pepperstone, Avatrade, OANDA, fxprimus, IB, MB Trading, octafx, lmfx, ITRADER …

I am not sure which bonus you pointing towards, but one I had was AVAILABLE for trading (not for withdrawal), so it wasn’t a CREDIT bonus as you put it. Keep in mind; I am talking about some 4-5 months back, so I am not sure about things now. BTW, what is the point of having such bonus that is statue? As per 0 stop out then now days there are enough brokers with absolutely low stop out, so why I waste time with HotForex when they can’t even keep up with their promise.

I seriously believe it’s just our made up thing, as selecting broker is not as tough as it looks. Just use demo account or at next best deposit minor amount, it’s enough to understand how broker works. It’s seriously strange that been trading for many years, I have heard of all brokers you mentioned apart from Hotspot. In fact, I am not sure if too many people ever talked about them. If I were to list down, I will go with Octafx, Exness, Pepperstone, as these are the only one I feel comfortable with.

I guess he is also paid to do just that lol…That aside, FX veterans play a big role in guiding newbies to success by sharing their experiences with brokers in discussions like these.