Brokers

this maybe off topic, but im just curious, how are things doing with traders after the closure of the brokerage? i mean alpari UK

This is very true,and I am also asking myself the same question here, Mrquickbuy why are you looking for a broker with no commission? It is evident they would add up their commissions to the spread cost or through something else,I suggest you look for a broker with low spreads and commissions that is better ,but this is just my opinion :wink:

Depending on your pockets, Interactive Brokers seems like a solid counterparty for trading multiple assets.

If you’re looking for FX, then Lmax is ok i guess?

Remember to check the capital availability of the broker from the CFTC website, they should be robust and well established. You want to trade with a counterparty that is good at dealing with problems when they arise. The spread is only one part of the equation unfortunately. Just see how many brokers blew up after the SNB show in January…

Hi,
Based on advice gratefully received in other threads on BabyPips I’ve decided to opt for an OANDA trading account myself. (obviously the demo account will be first)
However, I was unsure as to the differences between an MT4 Trading platform and and a FXTrade platform, so checked the FAQ on their website. I was then very confused to read the following:

[B]The MT4 platform runs on your computer, with a connection to the OANDA server. This means that trailing stops are not tracked if your computer is turned off, and you cannot access the MT4 platform when you are away from the computer (unless you have software to access it remotely). By contrast, OANDA fxTrade runs completely on the OANDA servers, so trailing stops are always being tracked. You can access it from any Internet browser.

[/B]I was under the impression that on an MT4 platform you could theoretically place your trades before going to work, switch off your computer, and any Stop Losses or Take Profits would be - slippage permitting - honoured?
Is my impression wrong based on the above?

Cheers
Simon

Hi Simon

That’s absolutely right. They’re talking about trailing stops only. Fixed stops and take profiits will be honoured.

I don’t know the best broker in forex business because every broker will offer things to attract traders to invest money in them. So, it is important for traders to know the company well then you won’t regret your decision to invest money in the broker. My suggestion, you should consider about its regulation (usually regulated by FSA, NFA, CFD, etc) and try to find out testimonial of traders who ever trade in the broker (don’t read from their forum). And also, consider their career in forex business. If the company has run the business for more than 5 years, it is good enough for me as company.

it took 7 months for me to get my money back, i think most people have been compensated by the fscs now, for people who had more than £50,000 they are going to get 55 cents for every dollar they had invested.

FXCM is professional and has great software. I only used Interactive Brokers before. They had horrible customer service and it felt like they were robbing me. My orders/stops would get triggered on their charts where price would spike to my order/stop but when I looked on charts from other brokers, price didn’t even reach that level.

+1 FXCM from me