Dealing with spammers, hidden marketers. Member perspective

Just have a look at what I said to Manxx. You seem to have to keep proving to me how smart you are. Give it a rest.

1 Like

These guys are unbelievable… the f’ thought police… you answered the OP… your total right on a forum and in they come…

No actual content about the topic… just telling everyone what to do. Unreal…

I notice the OP has deleted his posts… jaw flapping so called experts are scaring new posters away… guilty to proven innocent, we’ll never know… as Tom says… Give it a rest…

3 Likes

To be honest, no I didn’t pick up anything like that from your posts. But then such apparent integrated intellectual sarcasm rarely does get through to either of my brain cells.

I was more concerned with the nature of the OP’s intents than anyone else’s. Bob does have his own way of expressing things, I admit…but that is why we like him (and anyway, with 47+ degs temps in australia at the moment, we do have to try and understand… or what Bob? Hope you are not too sunburnt! :smiley: )

But, @tommor glad to hear that you were indeed of the same suspicious opinion of this offering. That is, afterall, the main point here, I think?

…errrr and you are somehow doing something different with your post here?

Got better things to do. The risk has been highlighted, that is all that is important here, the rest of you can pick the bones clean and analyse each other as long as you like! :smiley:

1 Like

Manxx, you’re too modest.

I’m English, maybe you are. But if not, FYI when you’re dealing with an English person and they use words like “Wow” and “novel” to describe something, this is VERY VERY negative. Especially when its concerning a self-proclaimed “complicated” idea that comes out of the blue from some unknown muggins on his first visit to a website that’s notorious for nurturing such garbage.

1 Like

Cheers for this.

I find trading forums useful for commenting on trading, not so much for commenting on comments

2 Likes

Well, yes that is indeed one usage of these expressions, and I do appreciate that. But the problem with forums, as with any written communication, I guess, is that voice intonation that helps communicate the implied meaning is totally absent. Just like body language with a telephone conversation - besides, what percentage of visitors here are actually native English speakers? Maybe we know our pecularities (and linguistic superiority ha ha :slight_smile: ) but it can be wasted in international environments!

Only kidding!

But, seriously, the main thing here was a general concern about another possible scam appearing that has all the normal hallmarks of such - and it is good to know that someone like you also suspected as much! :slight_smile: But I think the main “thorn” here is not the OP’s offer, but the nature of Bob’s response to you. Can’t says I disagree with you on that one, but he does effectively draw attention to his views and he doesn’t easily get overlooked in the crowds! :smiley: :smiley:

@tommor, I make no apologies for calling a spade a spade.

But I can’t seem to remember what it is I forgot. Maybe that on an internet forum none of our “opinions” count for jack.

Dude, as long as it is not Custer’s strategy. Bahahahahaha

The Ever Historical VIPER

1 Like

I don’t care what you call Samih.

But its not the first time you’ve put up a post that suggests I’m an idiot.

Me and Samih were having a conversation, nothing at all to do with you. Not even if you were a Moderator (which maybe you think you are).

If you wanted to comment on his trades or strategies, that’d be fine with me. But it was as obvious as a sore thumb from his first sentence he was not a genuine private retail trader wishing to share some hard-won knowledge amongst his fellows. Just give some other folks credit for being as smart as you in realising that and leave me a little space to deal with it as I wish, not as you wish I would. So please don’t comment on my comments, its a waste of space and shows your intellect and courtesy in a poor light.

If you use this forum it must be because you want to talk about trading. Great. Let’s do that.

As a starter, why don’t you look back over your recent posts and find out what constructive help you might have given out? No doubt it would stand re-posting. Let’s talk trading.

3 Likes

Hey folks,

We’ve determined two of the members in this discussion to be sock puppets, so they have been removed. Nice one, spotting them, @_bob. Also, I don’t want to completely remove this discussion as it’s highlights how members approach a situation in different ways, while both attempting to do the same thing - rid the Forums of hidden marketing agendas, scammers, and the like. It also serves to point out that members might have their own way of wanting to deal with a situation, whether that be probing for more information to get a more accurate picture of what’s being discussed or offered (potentially highlighting holes in a member’s argument or logic), or by simply calling someone’s comments out and looking for a rebuttal.

Each method has its merits. I’d just like to stress that we keep the discussions civil and respectful, and our comments constructive and on topic.

Happy Trading

6 Likes

Thank you, Pipstradamus, for stating this. It is very encouraging to hear that responsible self-policing is valued here.

Perhaps it is worth emphasising that the issue here was a possible scam, which is always a more serious and potentially dangerous threat to vulnerable newbies that frequent this site.

But this does not give licence for the level of aggressive personal comments that do appear to have generally increased lately. Well, that is (only) my opinion anyway! :clown_face:

1 Like

Thank you Pipstradamus, for your helpful action and for your mature appreciation of what’s been happening.

Your words not mine.

Just don’t amuse these guys bro, call them out for what they are.

You should have nothing to prove to me, I certainly have nothing to prove to you.

Like you trading, post analysis work is easy a bro. Tell it like it is, you got suxed in,simple as that, nothing to be ashamed off

Pot calling the kettle black.[quote=“tommor, post:29, topic:129496”]
As a starter, why don’t you look back over your recent posts and find out what constructive help you might have given out?
[/quote]

I did, and I check yours and TWB, reckon we are all on par. But I can do something you can’t, actively share and demonstrate live my technics. Sweet sweet music.

As usual Bob, your full of it… I have shared strategies quite a number of times in the forum… Remember this thread Bob… and it’s techniques…

…a live and ongoing strategy displayed in a thread, only to be shouted down by you and the rest of your no clue sarcasm crew… Tom is sick of it… I’m sick of it…

You’ll be more profitable making less noise…

1 Like

FFS _bob, I ask you in a reasonable way not to comment on my comments and you come right back with a point by point commentary on my comments. We have no basis for further communication.

Just read this thread so have no knowledge of the deleted/edited posts and no interest in argument.

What struck me was the above thinking.

Some years ago I posted about the limitations of an indicator based on past price of an instrument attempting to suggest future price of that same instrument - in today’s market, where algorithms often dictate price direction, is it not possible to think a little differently?

Supposing that this last few days on Eur/Usd - selling USD has been the trend for some time, so anything to give the algos some food, anything positive on Eur would fit the bill.

Gbp is as strong as Eur lately, for various reasons, so when Eur/Gbp price was rumbling along 8810 in the first half of this week, and the German (Euro) political talks were at a height - was there any indicator of possible direction.

Hey, I’m in America, I have zero interest in Eur/Gbp, what about Eur/Usd, where the money is.

No problem;

Great stuff, but what about the UK guys, they have been selling GBP, double top etc - it even broke last week’s low on Thursday morning, ideal place to set more sells: