Different results from different brokers

The reason you’re experiencing what you are is because of the liquidity. Etoro charts are usually the worst, especially on lower timeframes.

What you showes in your images is sadly price manipulation by the broker. Many brokers manipulate the price at times and hunt stop losses while they are hedging against your positions so your loss becomes their profit. Very Sad. I would choose a broker who works for me and not against me.

Hi,
I’m not sure what time frame you’re on, but I had a similar problem, ie bars not agreeing, because two brokers were using different exchanges/times to decide their end of day. This gave me some bars with different dates (hourly) and some with different movements (daily).

After some time you get used to the fact that due to different server time and liquidity issues, these charts will always be different.
Best to stick to the big league brokerages and focus on making money rather than what the small time brokers are doing.

This has to do with the feed and their liquidity right? What do you say? What about performance and trading execution? (hope at least the manual trading is good, we know the traders ain’t that good )

I wonder which place would have the most up to date charts? Big brokerages, but anybody think one is better/faster than the other?

It does feel like a bit of a minefield out there to the uninitiated. Even the bigger ‘respectable’ brokers have some terrible reviews. Add into the mix that the reviewers might be dodgy too - trying to get to the bottom of it all is no easy task.

I’d advise anyone in a similar position to me to take your time, & don’t rush into it, you want to try & get this thing off on the right foot at least.

It does feel quite a big job to do so early in your Forex life – I’m looking forward to getting it done, hopefully making a good decision, & then just being able to concentrate on the trading side of things.

I see from the logo on the lower chart that it comes from eToro. This broker is completely geared towards clueless newbies, hence the pretty website and many colors… I would choose some other broker if I were serious about trading.

I completely agree with you. Oanda is a great broker, never a problem and i’ve traded with them since 2009. FXCM is a broker about who I have nothing kind to say.

I totally agree with you. etoro’s performance is quite, lets say, not very profitable. What is your opinion of zulutrade?

More or less the same. They have a very weak method of picking their so called top performers who are in fact often carrying enormous drawdowns. If you want copytrading I think there are better options out there, but none as good as being a good trader yourself.

Hey there, I see what you mean - which options are you exactly talking about? Anything viable?

I’d say it’s a bit of a jungle out there. MyFXBook’s autotrade seems to be one of the better with regards to technology and ranking methods. But there’s certainly room for improvement in the social trading area. Many brokers offer their own little versions which then lock you in to just that brokers customer base. I’d choose something which is open to many brokers, such as myfxbook for instance.

Oh come on, myfxbook is not even close to zulutrade in so many ways, it will take me days to comments on. I’ve tried it, community (yes it is pretty decent) the numbers you get to follow /copy…not so much. Overall judgement - potential but poor execution. I will tell you something - i’d better copy mt4 signals that myfxbook. Not that I will do it, but just compare across platforms. Why would anybody consider anything else, when we have zulutrade- whats’ the point? it gives us all (here by us I am saying - the followers, as any trader can get good results anywhere else) - profitablity, ease, tech…all.

What does Zulutrade have to do with charting differences between brokers?

The chum:

The hook:

The hijack:

ZuluAid’s number one fan boy strikes again… Eddy must work for them.

Zulutrade is nothing more than hope for the inept. Profitability: Yes, you’ll get a decent run, but the hammer drops on every one of those accounts eventually, taking yours with it. Ease? Yes. Spoonfed schlock to make it seem easy to be profitable short term, but impossible to sustain. Tech? It’s not terribly difficult to write a trade copier.

This thread is about charting differences between brokers. Zulutrade’s charts consist mostly of trade performance. Not the current price of the EU.

Now back to the subject: It’s all about price feed for the most part. But shops like E-Toro are often guilty of manipulating that feed a tad. Spikes happen on almost every broker from time to time. The reputable ones make don’t punish the client for them. A regulated broker beats a bucket shop like E-Toro every time in the customer service department.

Oanda, FXCM, TradeStation, IBFX, Alpari, and a bunch more will all try to make things right when something legitimately wrong happens to their price feeds.

Master Tang,

Thank you for the high promotion you put for me :slight_smile: I feel very very special and appreciated.

Now, back on the subject, you talk about price feed and accused ‘manipulation’, but regardless you are forgetting the point that platforms like zulutrade and etoro are designed and there mere point is end-user profitability - by enduser here I mean a follower - people like me and many other that copy traders because they cannot manually execute trades. I am profitable and have been profitable for close to 3 years now. Writing a trade copier - can you simply plug it in that’s what you traders guys say it is; you need to differentiate what the platform serves and then critisize. You can’t weight with the same levels things are totally different.

I couldn’t agree more with you Eddy. Even I lose let’s say in consecutive days, I understand that it’s part of the ball game. But overall, if you select the trader carefully, one should get a high percentage of getting profit.

hello there austingrd,

So true, what you are saying! Who are you following my friend? Care to share here with the old dog?

Thats sad to see. But many brokers do price manipulation to do stop hunting. These brokers work against you rather than working for you.

Are you referring to my comment above?
I think no matter what it is unprofessional to comment on a competitor, exness support.