Do you have an edge?

Well technically by definition its a winner. But the point remains the same, 1 pip profit using the numbers provided by RCarter as I understand them is that 1 pip in profit at any point in time counts as the 60% of trades that were “right”. Either way, it still points to significant skill required by the trader to extract profits from the market, which is all i am trying to say.

No i can not share it because i never saw it personally. Its from the rumor mill to be honest. I doubt it will ever be released publicly in a whitepaper or anything ever anyway.

Hasn’t Bear Stearns been long gone since '08?

It would have to be a study by JP Morgan…

So learn the market rules…I am a forex trader i make comfortable money for me every month…

I know I was not calling you out personally. You just made a good point I commented on. 1 pip is BE. Anyone that looks for a winning trade on 1 pip in my book has a 1 pip stop. If you have a 1 pip stop you are a better man than me and you ball must be dragging the ground (witch you might want to pick up before you get road rash). Not only that your broker must love you. Now I have had a couple trades this year with 10-15 pip SL witch after spread of 2-4 pips is not to far away. Those have not been easy. It took 3 months of reviewing all my trades from last year looking at everything to see where I could tighten up. Stop loss was one of those areas. So far so good but the year is still young. As I see it I have about 30 more trades (give or take a few) left in the year. So i good draw down can change all this in the blink of an eye for me. But yeah I hear what you are saying statistically its a win. I will say though 60% of trade are winners with that in mind sounds right to me. Its the let winner run and cut losses along with risk management that gives an edge on the market. Just like some people I know used to say “why risk 1-2% if you know your right”. Honestly I have no answer for that. Probably why I could not help them. Even though I could talk all day on that alone. To back that up I can honestly sit here and say that (even though I trade almost purely price action now) when starting out and I tried every indicator in the book and every strategy out there given what I know now they would have all worked. Every last one of them (with a few tweaks from what I know now). But I have forgotten more than I know about all that now so who knows. But again dont think I was referring that to you directly. Just more commenting on a point you brought up.

Lol JP Morgan dont even get me started about those banksters. I wont go no deeper this will get way off topic

You learned all aspects related with forex trading its means is not that you applied all strategies as well. Forex trading is same for all traders but some traders are making profit while some other are losing. So, I am in favor of learning more and more about trading strategies to make some profit in trading.

Hopefully someday I will be able to know and fully understand what you guys are talking about. But for now I am just “listening” :slight_smile:

I apologize for being that defensive. I shouldn’t react that way.

Yes your absolutely right. Didn’t even cross my mind that it got bought out by JP Morgan in the financial crisis.

Very nice said from your friend, i will keep that in mind.

I have two suggestions…

1. Read about successful traders who started where you are. This will show you that it is possible.
  2. Put in the work. Learn systems and test them on historical data and in a demo account.

Do you actually enjoy trading or are you just trying to make a quick buck? People who are successful in any endeavor love what they do. If you love to trade, you will figure out a way to become successful. Life is too short, figure out what you love and go do that.

You can actually win consistently on the market :slight_smile: you just have to know how it behaves :slight_smile: though I understand from experience that it takes only 10% strategy (assuming it is the RIGHT strategy) and 90% psychology

Simplicity is key in trading BruceBanner. Just to start, when do you enter the market and when do you NOT enter a market?

Thanks for all your replies.

I love trading but at this very moment I am not very successful. I am just reading trying some strategies in a demo account of course. But it is really hard to get that kind of feeling only an experienced trader might already have to enter a trade.
I don’t want to do it as fast as possible. I have time. But I want to get serious in about 2 month ([B]when[/B] my strategy is working in a demo account).

So what is the most important thing? Moneymanagement / Riskmanagement or what exactly are you talking about?

The trader is the most important thing in trading. No matter how awesome or perfect a strategy is it still depends on how the trader will use it.

There’s actually a way/strategy to consistently make winning trades on the market. :slight_smile: it is possible. We do it. Cool stuff.