ECN or STP or MarketMaker? Which one to choose?

yes thats what i wanted

I very rarely hold overnight

I’m assuming you are in the USA. Compare them with tallinex then.

yes the usa.
It amazes me how hard to find 1 that I will feel safe in.
When I traded commodities I wasnt worried about my money with broker but with forex I am nervous

I assume if you stick with an American broker (because they have to be members of NFA and CFTC) your money will be safe up to a certain amount. Look at some of those brokers that I posted before, u might find that one of them might fit your needs. Personally I wouldn’t feel safe with tradersway or tallinex but I’ve seen some Americans that are ok with them.

Wont be going with tradersway. I was trying to get ny close candles and live chat told me to change server time, I asked to what and they told me to google it lol

Guess I can stick with oanada but am intrigued by the ecn brokers

Guess I can stick with oanada but am intrigued by the ecn brokers

I have a small account with oanda, I have gotten pretty mad with them in the past as they like to widen their spreads around news releases, I’ve seen spreads as big as 60 pips. If you have the money I would consider going with another broker. I think ATC uses fxcm’s active trader’s feed and they require less money than fxcm or citifx, they are ecn/stp.

yes I have seen those spreads and its crazy. Its really a shame that it is so hard to find a forex broker. Ill check them out thanks

Those programs only covers equities and forex is not covered in the US afaik.

Would suggest you use FXCM if your account is below 10k.

I keep it just below that, Im not comfortable keeping a couple 1000 more for some reason. I checked td amritrade but u have to apply for margin and I dont know what kind of process it is.
Im looking for ecn broker fxcm isnt.

So in the US, a forex broker can go belly up and you loose every cent in your account, no protection of your funds at all, I always thought that they did since they brag having the safest framework for investors.

For other markets there are protections but not forex trading (no one cares abt us retail forex traders).

For investors perhaps, but FX is not investing, it’s speculating on derivatives (no actual asset)

So does anyone have any good experience with a broker that you can recommend to me.
I really would like to leave oanada but cant find a broker where I feel my money is safe.
I feel like its a choice between feeling my money in safe place and dealing with a MM or go to ecn and not feel so secure.

I got through that process and have a margin account with TD Ameritrade (thinkorswim.com). They have higher fees than fx dealers like FXCM or Forex.com. That would make only longer term trading viable.

-Adrian

Your money is secure with oanda, they are not going to steal your money you just have to becareful about their spreads around news releases, usually they don’t raise it more than 20 pips on the EU and UJ. Which pairs do you trade most?

I have yet to see a broker than does not have wide fluctuations in spreads under certain circumstances.

-Adrian

all the majors.
just dont like that they mm.