Ema Step System

Strange your MT software did that, my Oanda got no lower than 230.58 a full 3 pips from the stop loss so the system still worked. (On Oanda)

I have never used MT or ANY other software for that matter as i have never felt i needed to, i came up with this on Oanda coz thats what i use to trade.

Thanks for your input though, that’s the whole reason i put this system up on here…in case anyone can improve on it.

:slight_smile:

Just ran into this thread yesterday and i see it is kinda new - well first i want to thank maurizio - thanks… then to my parents - who agreed to open me an account once i am ready - and ofcourse i would be happy to thank forex in few years from now…

maurizio - i have a question about your sys - the cross candle - is it defined as such only in case the close of one candle is higher/lower than the close of the previous one??
what should it be?

i would really appreciate if you could post animage of one that is CC and one that looks like but isnt…

thats it for now…

ill update you about my usage of the sys

M

Hi there.

Take a look at posts 5 and 7 on this thread matey.

There are pics on there that will show what a cross candle is :slight_smile:

Hi maurizio

to be honest - i still don’t get it, what exactly do you call cross candle (CC)
is it when in uptrend the close of the current candle is higher than the previous or do you look at the open??

ill try to post 2 examples of what i mean - in the next post of mine, few minutes away

ciao

M

[QUOTE=mamutot;6624]Hi maurizio

to be honest - i still don’t get it, what exactly do you call cross candle (CC)
is it when in uptrend the close of the current candle is higher than the previous or do you look at the open??

ill try to post 2 examples of what i mean - in the next post of mine, few minutes away

ciao

M[/QUOTE]

Here are the images

Thanks Maurizio77 for this system.
I am fairly new, still demo trading and will back test this week and demo-trade it too. BAck with the results soon…

Mamutot:
I understand a Cross Candle as being the candle where the EMA’s cross.
So if you see them cross, wait for that particular timeframe candle to close, then open a position in the direction of the cross.

Maurizio77 - is this correct?

Happy Pippin’
FP:)

I aint sure about that FP - cause in that way maurizio wouldnt have marked the bars in post number 7 - check it out, but anyways - ill wait for the master himself to answer us.

MASTER!!?? LOL

I am far from being a master my friend.

I just found a system that works for me, and by putting it on here i was hoping that;
A) Someone may be able to improve upon it.
B) Some more people could maybe benefit from the success it has given me.

Mamutot, what you are looking for is when the EMA’s cross ON A CANDLE.

On your diagram i believe your EMA’s were white and yellow.
When the white and yellow cross within a candle THIS is your cross candle.

You would wait for this candle to come to its end and, if the EMA’s are still crossed, you would enter the minute the following candle began.

Tell you what, will try and post your pic up here and change a few things for you so ya get a better understanding.

bear with me :slight_smile:

OK.

I have put onto this pic where your cross candles are.

I need to ask you though what timeframe this is on and indeed if it is on GBP/JPY as the price action doesnt look right to me.

After both cross candles on your pic the price action is inconsistant with what the system was created to do.

Please let me know if this IS on GBP/JPY and what timeframe it is on as it has confused the hell out of me lol.

Anyway i hope the ammendments i have made to your pic help you in some way :slight_smile:

Now I Got it!!

That was just the definition i was looking for, you see, i am kinda new in all the stuff of forex, i just started demo trading and reading the school of BabyP, and te forums and stuff, i understand few things but only the regular stuff.

Thanks a lot, Master (i was just kidding…and yet… :slight_smile: )

i will try it and try to improve when i see something is happening…

thanks

M

i post this one in order to tell you that :

1. it was indeed GBP/JPY - 30 min , of yesterday at 13:30 gmt or somewhat…

2. i used MT, and the indicators were - exponential moving average of 1=yellow , and 5=white

3)dont worry about those images showing false signals on your system it only says that we have some work to do in order to improve it and it says that it keeps you focused on taking the right decisions and not autopiloting your money, i prefer being flexible than being stiff and get broken, i would rather bend few times in order to learn and earn much more in those other times.

take care

btw - i am from israel, my time now is 11:17 and my MT time is the same as my local time, check it that way if you wish - the image with the candles going down was from about 15:30 local time here.

M

Hi all,
Back from my hols…and my nose is peeling already :frowning:

Has anyone who has tried this had any joy?

I see the GBP/JPY on the 3 hr and daily is high on its stochs, looks like we’re gonna have a big fall soon, i reckon a couple more days of climbing before it drops so keep ya eyes peeled for the cross on the daily :slight_smile:

Good hunting to all :slight_smile:

Well, ya can’t say i didnt warn ya! :wink: (See previous post)

100 pips today on GBP/JPY.

Entered 5am GMT @ 236.32… hit my TP @ 235.32 less than 3hours later!

Sooo, do we follow this?

Well, on the daily Macd is gearing up for another downwards cross, the stochs are still high, even with the last few hours resurgence, i would say to look at the EMA’s just before the current daily candle steps (4.55am GMT) to tomorrows…if an upwards Cross has occured, i would stay out, if it hasnt crossed upwards i would say we are good for 20-50 short pips tomorrow…even though it’s a friday.

Happy hunting and have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Hi,
I’m not a newbie, I’m a premature birth when it comes to FX. I’m deployed overseas, and don’t have access to a lot of things online, so I use FXstreet.com for my charts and would like some help.

I’ve looked at your system, and through backtesting it looks great! I’ve attached the daily and 4hr charts that I’m using for my analysis.

It shows a cross today but I’m not sure whether to act or not. Looking at the daily, everything seems to match your system (I left Stoc, CCI, and RSI off the chart for simplicity) But when I look at the 4hr chart, it seems that this short strategy has run it’s race and now it’s in a long position cross.

Am I reacting to quickly? Most of my prior demo-trades have been on the 2hr and 15m charts, so my mentality may need some adjusting looking at the daily.

Please Help me crawl!

Swav A

Hi Swavaa,

Would love to help, but i can’t see the attchments…is there anyway you could re-save them in say, a JPEG format…then repost…that might help :slight_smile:

My mistake, your pictures loaded eventually. :slight_smile:

What i am planning to do is this, just before the step to tomorrows daily candle (this happens at 5am GMT), i will look to see if there is a cross upwards signalling a long trade.

If this is what happens i will stay out, an immediate retracement candle is quite a rare thing on Daily charts.

What i personally think will happen is that the price will rise, then fall about 50-100pips either during tomorrows trading or on Monday.

However, if there ISN’T a cross upwards i will enter a short trade as soon as the daily steps to tomorrows candle and monitor it for 30-50 pips.

Fridays and Mondays can be lucrative, but can also be very unpredictable.

If in doubt - stay out, they’ll always be another trade :slight_smile:

So if I read you right,
The daily chart cross that I see is accurate, just be cautious of the retracement, but should go short like I estimated for the 20th. Being a friday and all…

Accurrate?

Only go short if the EMA’s have died down sufficiently on the daily so that there is no cross. (It is crossing currently but might have died down by the time the daily candle steps)

If, on the daily there is still an EMA cross, i personally would stay out.

:slight_smile:

Hi Maurizio77,

I am very new to forex and I’ve been trying to figure out the charting software on FXCM in regards to the settings you use on your charts.

1. When I go to set up the EMA5,EMA1 it asks me if I want the history off of the open, close, high or low. I’m not sure what to pick here. Second I’m assuming that the 1 and five refers to the number of periods? If so the charting software allows me to do a 5 period but not a 1 period. Any ideas? Also, are the EMAs the lines that are crossing on the chart?

2. On the slow stochs chart the settings are Period for %k, Period for %D and Period for slow %d. I believe you listed 14,3 here but I have three places to fill out. Could you please help me out with what I am missing?

3. And for CCI I was trying to find a reference to it under the babypips school but could find it. Maybe I just blew by it and didn’t notice but if it isn’t there could you tell me where I can find out what this indicator does?

Thanks for all you have posted so far.