Emotional AID

Good point, if we go through s**t in our personal lives it could unintentionally make us much stronger for forex trading :slight_smile:

Yeah, it is not for all to turn adversity into opportunity. When i was a little i was tought to always be affraid. Three years agoo we were facing a posible civil war, we were almost under siege, imagine having thousands of guys wanting you dead because you are caucassian and so on. Well, while most of people were pissing on their pants i was optimistic, what else i could do, iā€™ve said to myself if i fall appart they will win. they can have my body but not my soul, if world ends tomorrow, something good i will do today. But people said to me, dude you are crazy, donā€™t you see it is the end? Well if my happyness anoys you, it is your problem, not mine, lately the invaders turned away at the last minute. But it did not solved our situation and become worse, xenophobia is in itā€™s highest point but i still remain confident that things will change but until it does not happen i will keep on working on my own enviroment where i have control and can set things right. Some of my folks gets angry with with me because of situation, wait a minute, i did not started the conflict, yes we are close to walk with a yellow star on our shoulders but whatever they put me i will go trough it, i am not falling in denial, i am jus using my right to walk tall. Is a sh**** situation but i still remain confident, so guys why donā€™t you the same for yourselves.

Regards.

Itā€™s said that stablishing a trading routing helps. But outside trading one must to be OK to be OK with the markets. And one thing iā€™ve did not take in consideration is trading is part of my life not backwards. So Iā€™ve decided to stablish an overall routine wich i will try to follow and after a while iā€™ll let you know how am i doing.

My routine goes like this:

1. Go to work

2. Come back and do 5 minutes exercise

3. Get Shave if it is tuesday or thursday

4. Take a shower

5. Analise Technical

6. Analise Fundamental:
    -Analise Stocks
    -Analise Economic Calendar
    -Analise News

7. If probabilities are low i record it in my trading journal as a predicition only but if probabilities are high i pull the trigger.

8. Study German, for now, at least one page of the book.

9. Just relax activity, like reading, watching TV.

10. Go to sleep

This routine applies only from Monday till Thursday, weekends i rest and dedicate to reading, studying about trading but not looking at the market at all.

Regards.

I think were alike, i have lots of personal issues, family illness and i canā€™t stop working and canā€™t quit as alot of people rely on me, so i have alot of pressure and i have had to mentally prepare myself for that, so it has on the plus side prepared me for trading, plus with regards to the routine lol, i have a routine for my normal work, but i was thinking about that, regular breaks, which is what i would need and would help me :slight_smile:

Oh yeah!! Something iā€™ve forgot to mentios in the list above is before start analisis is the self analisis, am i ok? nothing bothers me? and so on and write it down, like the final check before take off.

There is a fine line between honest self analisis and feeling like a victim, just minutes ago iā€™ve went to my house to take a nap and woke up feeling depresed like nothing have sense an so on, that was not a self analisis and i had to recognice that i was playing the victim. THe good thing is iā€™ve noticed quickly and acted in consecuence. Now i am used to to a self analisis the whole day just by instinct, identifying all triggers that normally would end up in an emotional rush. People is not used to that, there is nothing more dangerous than an inflicted idea. A clear example? Have you ever had a very bad day at work? Maybe a poor performance by you or someone else that eneded in a non polyte call of attention to you that crippled you. Maybe you should do an analisis on yourself, maybe it is not your fault so why are you feeling bad, if the reprimand was injustified, well, donā€™t take it personally, if it was take it humblely but not personaly. The final bad feeling is the sum of all small triggers you had from the begining justified or not if you let those small spitings to mature inside you, you will explode in some point. So what i do is to analise myself every moment i remember to do so, practice my breathing exercise, take a 10 seconds break, drink some water, dehidratation is realy bad for you. I fight aganst those negatives feeling before they can get together as a single negative feeling. Never lose the sense of yourself, the hability of knowing yourself, it can esaily be lost in a blink of an eye. That is why most traders donā€™t do in this profession, i mean not the only why but a BIG WHY.

Regards.

had my first day with a profit after years of studying forex, the emotional control is very hard to learn same as learning the technical and fundamental.

i am starting to have patience and wait for trades instead of forcing them to make money fast, it is very hard to watch the money in the market pass me as i am very poor and desperate for money but if i do not wait for right moment i lose my account.

I hate it when i used to stick to chart i couldnt take my eyes of the screen in my first trade i have tried to ignore it and follow a rule ive read somewhere ā€œtrade and dont watch your tradesā€ well its working Ok i take a position in the market set the SL n TP ready to go have funā€¦

I like it collector thats what i do but as i work durig the day if i see the rumighy entry before i go work i am forced to set it and leave it run, i cant stay glued to it which has helped train mr
Mentally but it is patience and praxtice to know when to enter
An leave but were all get thwre good luck !

There is a moment in the life of each trader when after geting through all that s********** Forex is, and decided to risk only 1% of his or her account, our trader faces another problem, risk management is not enough, so our trader changes the system if having one almost everyday. And then if the trader finds out by self luck that the simplest aproaching to the market is the bestand then he starts making good trades. This is know as the Ah haā€¦! That is how it should be done. And then the trader start doing things propperly, making a journal, scaling positions up with a sound criteria and so on. The our trader experiments a very and VERY strage feeling: Ovewhelmed by Success, it is unbelivable how easy it was and start feeling realy weird. Well here is where the Second Newbie stage begins. Our trader forgets the fact that there are losing seasons, we all have. ANd start feeling crippled once again. But this time is different, our trader knows he can manage it but he realises that trading must be a part of his life not his life as a part of trading. He soon learns that is like a junkie in rehabilitation, addiction is a disease with no cure, in has treatment indeed and the cure is the treatment itself, the only thing a junkie can do is going back to the rehab center, over and over again and must accept he will always have that stain of ā€œjunkieā€, he must accept he will have refalls time to time.

So my fellow trader, we are junkies, but our addictions are less toxic but more damagefull, the biggest: money and emotions. Belive me, the second one is even more dangerous. Are wondering when you will become a succesfull trader? Well, let me put this way, letĀ“s say you wanna open a restaurant, you decided to start with two tables with four chair each and your menu have two or three things to be served. When you opened your account with real money, that is the moment you opened your restaurant, why you are not profiting, well, you have no costumers, poor administration, bad season, and so on. You must belive you are a trader period. There is no a clear and present way to define sucess and hence why the obsesion about sucess, being the best is only a narsicistic stake that was put into our monkey brains. THis is not a football game, life does not have to be that way. I support sports just as a passtime activity and for healthy or stetic reasons but i really donĀ“t like to see when there must be a winner. Belive me when i was at school, our soccer team was realy violent, but with the own members, they wanted the price so badly that they did no care insulting and even fighting each other to win.

For you to be more relaxed: that is the good thing about forex, you donĀ“t have to prove anything, you donĀ“t have to beat the geek group to have the better grades to get a scholarship, you donĀ“t have to wear tight skirts or show part of your boobs to get a promotion. The only thing you must do is do things propperly, you donĀ“t have to to nothing more beyond your dutties, at work you must do in order to keep your job and you must do it with no extra remuneration. And yes, i donĀ“t like my actual job anymore but i do it with passion because i know i am good at and i am good at my forex job and hence someday i can work on my own.

Regards.

You are very true Mr Gone, how long have you been trading for if you donā€™t mind me asking? Do you work part time and trade forex the rest of the time ?

Cheers

Good Question. 4 Years now. I do have a full time job and i trade back home at night, i use 1 day charts and i do swing/position trading, i cannot do daytrading or scalping because at work i cannot know what i am i going to do.

Regards.

Have you thought about quitting your day job and just trading full time ?

In fact i did, that is why i am saving whatever i can. Belive me, it is part of my plans.

I do want to be in your position one day. If you dont mind me asking how much do you plan to trade with so you can quit your day job?

Well, i realy donĀ“t know, whe i can manage to earn 1000 usd per month iĀ“ll quit my job. Next year iĀ“ll recieve a bonus, i guess it might help but i will not deposit my whole bonus.

That is the only problem :slight_smile: being good enough and taking the leap between your current job and forex full time.

I was thinking for me maybe when the time comes i take a part time job with the forex and then forex full time :slight_smile:

I have always dreamed having my own source of income and time to time take some small jobs just for fun.

Regards.

Just read this: Avoid the Trading Seesaw! | Forex Blog: Pipsychology

At midday i go back home for lunch and to take a nap. ALways after waking up i feel depressed, anyway, nothing that some breathing excercises wonā€™t help with. Anyway, walking back to office iā€™ve noticed that when i wanna control certain seed of emotion just emerging it is almost imposible to do so because while walking it is difficult to take a deep breath and unbelivable the seed was growing and growing and i was aware of it but the fact of being aware avoided me to call my wife and treat her like s***** like i used to when i went off. So, making a little recall, most of my discussions with my wife began while walking. The point here, my most vulnerable moment is when i am walking, so tonight when i go back home iā€™ll try a diffeent excersice, deep an fast breathings, maybe. Iā€™ll let you know if it works.

Remember: MOst people is not realy aware of their own emotions until they blow off and do something stupid, that is one of the whyā€™s most traders simply fail in this bussines.

Regrads.

This morning i woke up, came to work but feeling like i donā€™t wanna work, big surprise. THis sounds familiar? Havenā€™t you ever been in a situation like this? You really wanna get out that job but somehow you feel like a victim of the system, like since youā€™ve got that job your life became a misery, like you job was the cause of all your debts and expenses and so on. At this point, telling to that person that everything will be ok or ā€œyou must love what you doā€ or any of those typical cliches will not do. How do you motivate a family guy who has no insurance and has to hay horrendous medical fees for his wife? He earns a fortune but his fortune fades away every month with medical fees. The point is you canā€™t, you cannot motivate this guy, he must to do it by himself. So if you are the guy in this situation and you are feeling like donā€™t wanna work well, you have no choise, you must do your job. Letā€™s say you cannot avoid feeling like a victim, well, once again you must work, so imy sugestion is to do this:

Do what you have to do but the only necesary, just for today, donā€™t grant a little more effort just for today. Avoid contact with other people. Take a little rest every 5 minutes and concentrate in a powerful moment you had. Your productivity will slow down for today but you will aid to yourself. If you receive a reprimand well tell the truth, say that you woke up with no willing to work. Belive me that will shock your boss, we are use to make excuses rather than admit we are done emotianly.

Ultimately that powerful moment of yours will beat up your lazyness and tommorow is a new day.