Etoro?

I trade with etoro simply because of their web based trading platform. Their copy trader system 3 months ago was awesome I turned $16k into $50k in less than 2 months. I was making 50% of my equity per month on average doing absolutely nothing other than copying upto 20 traders. Then they brought in a rule where you you couldn’t copy trades of less than $1. I went from having 700 + open trades down to around 200. I tried the copy trader system again 5 weeks ago, I made £1000 in the first week, then nothing. I’m now actually losing money.
So for a heads up trading etoro, it’s good to copy 4-5 long term traders, but better to trade yourself along side them or you’ll go nowhere.

Hi!
does anbody know which broker uses etoro’s platform?thanks for all the help

[QUOTE=“fxman111;530993”]Hi!
does anbody know which broker uses etoro’s platform?thanks for all the help[/QUOTE]

Etoro, its their own, and hopefully they soon upgrade to html5 instead of that crappy flash version they use :slight_smile:

i know that but some brokers they use their platform so i am asking who is doing that

[QUOTE=“jamalfx;531089”]E toro is good[/QUOTE]

I would more Call it “decent” than “good”, if they get rid of the lag and the freezes after Big news releases (when the market is most volatile), THEN we can call them good… But in my head i cant Call something good when its not working consistantly at all times… :slight_smile:

Amen brother!

i’ve never really had that problem ? only really had probs with the Openbook.

[QUOTE=“vdubus;534291”]i’ve never really had that problem ? only really had probs with the Openbook.[/QUOTE]

It seems to get worse if you have many trades open, you can read the discission tab on some of theese users walls, or just ask them or their copiers…

Viking1961 BigBry webzone greenlander88

And there are many more i have seen complain about it, but as Said, it seems to be worse if you have many trades open combined with news releases…
Sometimes you cant login, other times you cant change SL or TP, and last but not least, sometimes TP or SL changes dont get replicated to copiers… To the last problem etoro support just Said that all gurus should wait 1 min after changing one possition before changing the next one… But if you can earn more or loose less by changing SL or TP, then you cant wait with changes if the market is volatile :slight_smile:

I do love the simplicity of etoro trading platform though, but your right, if ppl are having these problems then it’s not really good enough with respect to how much money could be involved. I think Viking’s method of trading is Bad money management, for the number of trades he places each day he should be a gozillionair :confused: I’ve never heard of ‘webzone’ gonna check them out now, thanks :slight_smile:

n.b. I’ve been narrowing down the best of the copy Traders over the past 6 mths, who look after their equity. Here’s the best I have so far-

caraj51 - the best, but very slow
AnasSleiman
SoloArya - she copies AnasSleiman
logo600
hollins1211- proving to be one of my fav
Easynow3
DortheyLadwig
& dellos, a little bit riskier but damb is he good.

[QUOTE=“vdubus;535460”]

I do love the simplicity of etoro trading platform though, but your right, if ppl are having these problems then it’s not really good enough with respect to how much money could be involved. I think Viking’s method of trading is Bad money management, for the number of trades he places each day he should be a gozillionair :confused: I’ve never heard of ‘webzone’ gonna check them out now, thanks :slight_smile:

n.b. I’ve been narrowing down the best of the copy Traders over the past 6 mths, who look after their equity. Here’s the best I have so far-

AnasSleiman
logo600
hollins1211- proving to be one of my fav
Easynow3
DortheyLadwig
& dellos, a little bit riskier but damb is he good.[/QUOTE]

Trading styles are different, some like caraj51 keeps alot of money for extending SL until the rate turns, but only have a phew Big trades open at any given time, where viking have alot of really small trades open, and constantly hedging and re-investing profit in increasing lot sizes…
So aslong as he is keeping balance it should not be a problem…

But personally i would not dare to copy him on etoro (again), due to the errors mentioned, been there, done that, and lost a Big part of my account, so now im copying caraj51 and his son roby26, because there seems to be less errors when copying someone with phewer trades open at a time

I never knew roby26 was his son. Ye I got stung by viking also, I don’t doubt he’s good at what he does but he’s not for me. I’ve migrated to GlobalPimeMT4 now for day trading, i’m new to MT4 still but I am finding trades often take a while to get executed, way longer than etoro ? I’m a high risk trader so time is money or money lost but I’ll stick with Etoro for long term trades etc and copy trader for now, see how I get on with MT4, but regardless to what I’ve read here I’ve never had a problem with etoro myself, the practice account isn’t as fast as the live account I do know that, I just find etoro too restrictive and controlling, I was making good money, 50% of my equity every month using copy trader before they introduced a min $1 copied trades, now it’s killed it, I’m lucky to make 3-5 %…gutted.

I’m starting to copy caraj51, any one else have got decent results so far?

He’s the safest on there, but don’t expect to much profit from him, he trades low risk over long periods

------- Best long term investments-----
AnasSleiman
logo600
Bigwinners

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

My experience with etoro is really bad. They announced many free account promotions and when i registered with them, they never give free accounts. So my rating for etoro is really low.

It’s free to open a demo account. They won’t put money in a real account for you noone does that.

There are lots better than etoro. Just search the term forex social trading

here is a website where you’ll find a lot of infos about etoro faillures and lies. It’s not ready yet but i think it will be a nice place, the previous version was nice and exposed a lot unregulars things about etoro.
http://www.truetoro.org

Very very misleading man.

How is Bigwinners a good long term investment?

If you look at her history, she is a high risk trader and she wiped out her account before.

Only early this year she has had a positive equity curve.

And how is a less than 1 year positive history a good long term investment???

Pls dont mislead people.

I personally was very unimpressed with my Etoro experience. Etoro rewards the high risk takers and puts them at the top.

I copied 20 people in a demo and saw that they all had trades -200, -300+ pips going.

Simply put, there is no way I am putting my money in these martingale gambler and newbs hands.

The fact these high risk gamblers (I won’t even call them traders) are rewarded with a spot on the leader board makes me want nothing to do with eToro.

I prefer Ayondo.com because they actually won’t let you get a top ranking unless you have had at least one year performance with them with a low draw down among other things.

At least they make you prove yourself and meet a certain standard of risk management. They also pay you more the better your risk management is.

For me I feel much better copying someone in that kind of setting.

Some update for you guys
http://truetoro.org
[video=youtube_share;KPw6_mJCTvk]http://youtu.be/KPw6_mJCTvk[/video]