Finished School of Pips. Now What?

Um ok? Is this some sort of joke that is played on new members lol? I am confused.

Anyways, I googled what you were talking about D-pip. I like it! I will see if I can open one and maybe put it in the first post of this thread.

Anyways, anyone seeing any good setups today? Seems like there isn’t as much movement today :frowning: I hate boring trading days. Lol but I should probably work on my university work today’s anyway.

The truth is nobody else can tell you what is best for you or when you are ready to trade live, except you. In the end, experience is the best teacher. I honestly wish you the best of luck and hope you continue to trade and continue to make money! Have a great trading week :slight_smile:

Hi! I agree 100%. Only the individual knows when she is ready for trading with real money. I think everyone’s situation and preparedness is different. Thanks for the well wishes too! It looks like I’ll will be opening a myfxbook account and posting it on the thread (probably put it in the first post of the thread) I want to be able to journal my trades and that looks like the best way to do it. You can watch my trades if you want lol! Hopefully I won’t start making bad ones as soon as I post it. :slight_smile:

Good luck yourself! XO

Okay, a bit harsh… None the less I am not really flip flopping. I think you mean this article here City Monopolist Forex � Forex Demo or Live Account?
Can’t see how I flip flopped by saying it is not that bad using real money even for practice, of course if you really want to use a demo then use it but don’t let fear stop you from putting a $100 and trading, I am a firm believer in knowing some fundamentals along with technical knowledge. Note my other articles on correct position sizing and the use of Micro accounts. Scanning never really helps seems you only took the last section to kill me…

In any case any professional trader will tell you that trading real money helps you adjust your emotional settings and I dare you to say you don’t have it…

Okay! I have my journal link to the myfxbook site updated in my first post on the thread guys! :slight_smile:

It’s a U.S. holiday, so very few people are trading right now. Don’t take mediocre trades just because you feel like you need to be trading. I watch about 30 currency pairs (Daily time frame) and only take 5 or so positions each month. It’s surprisingly easy to over-trade. If you only take the best trades available (less frequent, but higher probability) I think you’ll find it’s quite easy to make 5% per month or more trading Forex with a hour or two of chart time per day.

Yeh 5% a month does sound pretty easy! I’m at 6% so far and it’s only been a week :slight_smile: I don’t know if I can do daily charts though, so boring and slow lol!

LOL! The only way you go above 6%…

Lol. What?

Ignore the joke. It’s an insider joke. No offence meant…You are doing great keep it up!

Woo hoo!!! Is 10% account gain in about a week any good guys? I’m pretty excited to have made $465 in my first week of live trading but I don’t know if this is average or not? How did everyone else do over the last 7 to ten days?

Yay! :slight_smile:

Forex Price Action System | Myfxbook

Scratch that, $520 profit now!!!

I just wanted to add also that I don’t know if this winning streak will last forever but I think a lot of credit for the last two days profits has should go to Krugman25 and 2ndskiesforex. These two and their price action threads have really opened my eyes to how the market moves throughout the day. I’m learning to not fight the price action and to wait for the five star setups for maximum profit. Hope everyone else can check their threads out and learn as much as I have already!

:slight_smile: xxox

Forex Price Action System | Myfxbook[/QUOTE]

Hi Lexi, well done - it’s all about expectancy. I’d say there are few, if any, can produce results like that.

Well done! You should check out some of the threads with people claiming that it is impossible only doing 2% a month, etc. Congrats! Seems like you might do really well! Great start… Let us know your progress win or loose. Just remember to not get too emotional… Thumbs up!

Thanks!!! Well I don’t want to jinx anything but it sure seems like I’ll be able to get 2% this month lol! All I am doing is just filling trends and minding the direction price is going. It really seems like there are repeatable patterns and certain candlestick formations that give consistent results. Easy money so far!

I used a demo account for about 3 months. I’ve been trading live for over a year and I still consider myself very new to trading. I started out taking a price action course, which was very helpful. However, unlike many price action traders, I believe that indicators definitely have there place in timing entrances and determining overbought/oversold conditions. Market Wizards is an excellent book. There’s a wealth of knowledge all over the internet on forums, videos, and websites. The 3 main things every new trader should know are that 1.) Proper risk management is key 2.) Daily charts work best with technical analysis and 3.) You should trade only with the trend. Hope this helped.

I definitely recommend you stay aware of news events as they can end up being what screws you bad. I like using this economic calendar to stay aware of data releases and the like. I’m also a fan of this news service to keep me updated on anything else.

Not sure if you’re out of the US, but if you are, major news services like Bloomberg,CNBC, C-Span, etc. are great background tools as they give you a more basic picture of the broad market as a whole. Sometimes you have to read between the lines, like if they’re talking about some new hair piece for dogs product or something – there’s probably not much going on in the markets

I know you’re watching price action so fundamentals and all that might not be of huge interest to you right off the bat (it’s also a LOT to take in), but at the very least you should be careful around major data releases or monetary policy meetings.

Best of luck!

Unless you are able to make consistent paper money on a demo a/c…otherwise there’s no reason you throw real cash away :stuck_out_tongue:

No Darling, that was not normal.
The bad news is that, NOW, your current account balance is quite normal for someone trading a live account without having a sliver of a clue.

Your numbers are disastrous, and I don’t just mean the current -10%, or the fact that you lost over 20% ($1,000+) in just 2 days. I mean things that scream train wreck, like average loss -74pips vs. average win 14pips, largest win 81 pips vs. largest loss -358 pips, and an expectancy of -10 pips per trade. Hold on though, the most impressive number is that you only made 99 trades in a bit over a week.

You seem to have forgotten to update the thread recently, and all your cheerleaders seem to have gone dark… Was anyone going to talk about the elephant in the thread???

Lol. Everyone who wants to see someone do well will chime on when I’m doing well. Everyone who doesn’t want to see someone do well will chime in when I don’t. The myfxbook is there for whoever wants to check in on the progress so I do not need to update the thread. :slight_smile: where were you when I was up $610? Lol.

Anyways, not a big deal. An pretty volatile week to say the least, time to hunker down and trade it back to B/E and go from there. Probably a week and a half to get there.

Btw. The only number that matters is the account gain. Win/loss ratio, risk/reward etc are rally meaningless. I was debating of I wanted to make those public as it would be a distraction to either camp but once I get rolling it will just prove the point that a inverse risk reward ratio is just as viable to what is typical beat into everyone’s minds.

Thanks for following! Feel free to chime in when the account is back in the green :wink: