Forex is hard work!

Hi, I think you are doing your head in by trying to get it too perfect for too long. There are so many variables, I think that expecting something to work for 20 years is way too hard. My humble, not very experienced, opinion is that you need to learn the fundamentals, and you need to believe in yourself and your own opinion.
I too have lost too much money investing where thieves are lurking. I invested in a listed Australian stock company that had a very good product that was turning over a billion dollars a year. If the thieves had just worked it legally we all could have made money. They gutted my husband and I when they crashed the company by stripping it. How can auditors not report the huge debts that were being run up, the bills not being paid? It is still in the courts. I have learnt, and it is time to move on and rely on myself. I see a similar sadness in your posts. It is hard and it is mean.
Now it is time to pick yourself up, be thankful you are still on the planet, and you need to learn, and you need to enjoy things in life more. When you have a loss, learn, and do not stew. Kepp pushing through, and I believe there is so much potential here in forex.
There is no actual product, it is 2 currencies balancing on supply and demand, and patterns, charting etc is very much a repeating phenomenon. You will not get it right every time, but you need to learn, learn, learn, and not expect a mechanical robot to be bale to calculate better than your own fantastic brain.
Rely on yourself, believe in yourself!

HI
Just reading all your posts makes me feel that maybe there is a chance to make money from forex. So now l have gone back to square one, and am reviewing all my previouse trading systems l have and l thought were no good.
Some of the systems l have very amazingly good results most of the years, but its some of the years that l am concerned with. But if it doesn’t wipe my bank then l should stick with the system anyway. I rang some managed funds yesterday and by speaking to them l realised that they do not offer any kind of capital guarantee, not that l would consider investing with them anyhow, not with what l have been through, l just don’t trust anyone anymore, except myself. But why should l invest with them when they don’t offer any kind of security, l feel more secure investing in my own forex system, even if l have a down year l know l am in control and l highly unlikely l will lose my capital with proper money management. So just now l realise that my systems are bloody good and should just go with them.
I am not very fond of indicators and usually don’t use any and l get good results without them, so am reluctant to use any.

Oh gooddykj, it sounds to me we had our money invested in the same company as these 2 guys are still going through court as well.
I wont’ say which company it was, but you sound very much like me. So we probably had our money in the same company. Still getting over this huge loss, and l suppose thats why l am so desperate to find a good system. You know there is no way l would have lost everyones money like that, had have l been trading. I would not have taken anyones money unless l knew 95% sure there money was protected. Even l can protect capital, its just making good returns which are hard. I never thought investing with this company that they would lose my capital, never in a million years. I just hope they go to jail for a long time. One of them is only getting 3 years. Its going to take me much longer to get back on my feet and has effected my entire family. Anyhow that is a different topic.
Life sucks at times LOL

Cheers
Sue:)

I’ve been throught it, three years of pure hell, your problem might the same that i had: price action, too many indicators but not watching the candles at all. Try trading naked and i don’t mean taking your clothes off, just watch at the candles, use support and resistance, trend channels, technical indicator simply just won’t do for you. Technicals indicators works but they are not for everyone. Maybe trading naked suits for you.

The best advice that anyone can give to a trader is exactly what you had stated. Price action is the king strategy, nothing beats this strategy. I also started getting success when I started using pure price action on daily time frame.

Trading could be very hard or easy and it totally depends on you. Treat it like with an investment or business mindset would help. Do your research, find what kind of trader are you, whether you a risk taker or risk averse, swing trader or day trader. The market constantly changing, we trader need to learn to adapt and adjust our position accordingly. I have only traded forex for close to 1 year, the profit is very rewarding, but the most important thing is that I get to discover myself more. Find what works for you and stick with it, sooner or later you will succeed! Green pips!