Forex Price Action

why would you say that? the dollar as yet to close today and yes it as broke through CAD support, therefore you could be right, but if it closes at/above the Cad support, then this support is holding until PA on Monday tells us otherwise

There is no signal yet to do so.

Very tempting, engulfing several candles, from S/R level with a lot of space to the left, [B]especially EUR/JPY[/B].

The only cons I’d found against them would be

• smallish size comparing to the recent up-momentum

Knowing myself - I’d be setting short orders on the break if I wasn’t at work at that time. On the other hand - with my limit order and SL placement - it wouldn’t even get triggered.

Fil.

And I got stopped out. [B]To the pip[/B].

Fil.

Well, well, well… What do we have here…

GBP/CHF D1

Richard

and this:
EUR/USD - D1

and This:
GBP/USD - D1 (forming)

This is how look my charts:

EUR/USD D1

GBP/USD D1

And I can’t find any valid PA signal on these two charts.

Richard

Your EUR/USD looks like a pin to mark the end of the pullback @ a recent S/R zone. Your GBP/USD, on the other hand, does not produce a PS signal, but it is a good area to watch for one to form.

Somehow I don’t like that PB, the tail is too small and the overall length of the bar is too small compairing to previous bullish momentum. Altho I’m not saying it won’t go down, it’s just not for me. And as for GBP/USD D1, we have to wait, u never know what may happen… :wink:

Richard

it is not enough to be called a pinbar. technically, you want the close lower than that open.
it is also important to point out that a pinbar is not an automatic buy/sell signal.

Spot on. Trade wouldn’t have gotten triggered :slight_smile:

Can anyone else comment about “the close must be lower/higher than the open”? Is it necessary?

Quoting from Johnathon’s site:

A Pin Bar must have:

• Open and close within previous bar
  • Candle wick minimum 3 times the length of the candle body
  • Long nose protruding from all other bars (must stick out from all other candles)

So these terms don’t include that the close must be lower/higher than the open.

Anyways the trade on EUR/USD D1 isn’t obvious enough to take it.

Richard

Nope it doesn’t matter so long as it meets the requirements for a pin such as open/close within previous candle etc
For some others they make that rule but that’s because they will have different entry rules to us such as taking retraces but as we only enter on break/confirmation it doesn’t matter.

Johnathon can u please comment this setup:

GBP/CHF D1

Is it valid BUEB or is it more like indecision candle?

Richard

Instead of me giving it, why don’t you tell me what you see…

I see a BUEB that has retraced from a support line. IMO, it’s BUEB, because it has closed above 2/3 of candle’s length. But looks nearly as indecision, that’s why I ask for your opinion.

Richard

Yes I know that. But what do you see? Is it big and commanding and shouting at you price is going to reverse higher?

Ot is it just sitting there not quite sure?

In other words if you took this would you be very confident price would go higher?

I see your point now and that’s why I wasn’t sure about it, the price is just sitting there. Thanks alot Johnathon! :slight_smile:

Richard

Hahaha I haven’t said anything!

If you are unsure I think that in itself is a fair clue…

Seams a decent area and would love to have seen big and obvious PA to make things a little clearer.

Johnathon

That’s what I mean.