Forex Price Action

That’s what I meant… I know it has formed outside bar (aka EB), no doubt, I was just wondering about the zones.

Hi guys,

We would not take this trade because the pinbar didn’t close within the previous candle even if it has formed at a significant support zone, right?

Correct! And not only that, the daily trend is bearish.

Richard

i also got in on the audnzd just after the daily bueb. similar to a lot of trades recently the pa setup is replicated on both the 4h and daily charts, and in this case would have added 40 pips to my position had i caught the 4h entry. i’ve learned in the last two weeks that when i see a setup on both 4h and daily to always try to get in early with the 4h pa

audchf and conversely euraud both had potential trades on the 4h

here eurusd short trade after rejection from a resistance level and a inside bar is worth to take trade on tuesday newyork close

sorry for late posting.

hi fars,
i think u spoke gbpchf short trade oppurtunity before a week ,how is the trade progress is going on…

Hello!

I was actually speaking about going long from the red marked area, which u can see in the picture:

GBP/CHF D1

And I didn’t take it, because there wasn’t any valid PA signal for me.

Richard

oh! the next candle is inside day ,you dont trade inside day breakout along with the trend…i took this trade.

They may indicate continuation of the recent trend as well, so is a bit more risky. For me PB’s, 2BR’s and EB’s are enough to make alot of dough, at least for now! :wink: I would consider “Fakey” setup, if it’s very obvious tho.

Richard

Wow.
Johno, Brice, thank you for kind words.

Yes, at this moment I’m at “stick to the plan” episode so in it until it hits the SL, after all it’s my regular 1%. Need to learn a lot about managing the trade after entering the market, but for now I’ll stick to training my patience, following the plan and not moving SLs when in the trade. Thanks anyway for valuable insight :slight_smile: Good to know I wasn’t the only one taking the weekly PB!

I got to print that out and stick on the monitor!
It’s gonna sit right next to: “We don’t get paid for trading, but for waiting”.

Fil.

Hi,

I know we do not play IBs here, but they were mentioned by Jonathon once or twice on the very beginning of the thread as some PA signals and got stuck to the back of my head since then…

My question would be, do you - seniors - play them at all?
Would you consider shorting this at 1st bar break (or below 0.382 fib) with S/R + fib confluence + with the trend?

I have not although it was tempting, but I simply decided to stick to known PA signals.

Good night.
Fil.

EUR/GBP D1

EDIT: Closely watching below chart & awaiting some PA…

• with the trend, to go short
  • past S/R confluences with RN 1.93
  • confluence with fib 0.382

GBPNZD D1

I have to say, that I did get involved (albeit on demo) but not on the basis of an inside bar, but the day after as a 2 bar reversal. It is off a significant level of support hopefully turned resistance on an overwhelming down trend.

I know we don’t really get into fundamentals, but I still believe any clear signal to short the euro, take some profit and leaving a little bit left at break even is a good ploy. Against the GBP (which is also weak to be fair) but the EUR is still massively strong in comparison to its starting price all those years ago.

2 cents n all that.

Andy

Interesting, Andy.
How’s Beds? Rainy? :wink:

I managed to Edit the post in the meantime… Any thoughts on the second chart?

Fil.

Good night, this time for good! :))

Will AUD/NZD go back to downtrend?

signal seems small don’t you think? or is this valid already? might wait for a valid signal to form at Daily.

Not really. Inside bar’s the way you would play them are prone to lots of fake outs (IMHO). far better to stick to Englufing bars.

You said it yourself. The signal seems small. As soon as you’ve recognized that it is an easy pass. To turn around current momentum you need 2 things. Astrong level from which to play from, tick. And a large PA signal at this level, no tick.

Unless you have both ticks just let it go.

Not rainy yet! Expect a shower or two on Sunday, but should be good for the airshow on Saturday. (Shuttleworth Old Warden Park) If you want to watch the airshow from my garden and talk forex over a couple of beers, let me know! :wink:

Your second chart looks interesting, but no PA yet for me. Friday or Monday might give something, not really bothered about Fibs these days, it’s just another thing that people can draw and interpret in so many ways, across different time frames. S/R is the only truth after playing this game for the last 2 years.

Regards

Andy

Can anyone help me identify the resistance level at this point? Ty.

For me see chart:

Hi bhops,

I noted that you have mentioned many many times (together with Johnathon) on the large PA signal. I fully agree with it as only large signal will signify the reversal momentum.

Do you have a figure to qualify a “large PA signal” such as a % over an ATR value or top largest bars over a range? For example, a recent AUDNZD Daily BUEB setup, the signal bar is 82 pips:

a. If I use ATR(14)=60; it is 82/60 =137% , ATR(50) is 82/64 = 128%; (singal bars is about 130% of the ATR value)

b. I do a simple MT4 program to only select the average of top 10 largest bars (AvB=96) over a range of 50 bars, it is 82/96 = 86% (signal bar is only 86% of the Avb value). I do so as you have mentioned only look at those large bars!

Regards,
Toyogo