Forex Price Action

Hai Dudest, you take this PA on 4H GBP/CHF that you watch earlier?

its formed 2BR at swing low in uptrend…

hi birdat…thats a nice spot…but that is not large enough for me to trade…what about u?

I think that too…but BRN make some point to take this PA …but this time i will pass because its not meet my criteria to make trade…is there any correlation between GBP/CHF and USD/CHF because in USD/CHF there also 2BR and not good too…

it looks like that…may be “S”.

and also in Gbp-chf there is traffic…

hi friends…can any one post a chart of USD-CHF with daily support and resistance levels?

coz in 4H chart it is forming BEEB and 2 bar reversal on daily…(not yet)…i just need ur help right now…but i am not sure…because my friend told me…and right now i cant access the charts …if u post them i will check them and i will inform to my friend to make deal…

my senior friends…please do this for me…thank u.

Hai blue bird this is my chart for USD CHF daily with S/R

Guys…what do you say about this?

I think there is a big storm in the US.

Hi birdcat,

Have actually seen it now :slight_smile:

But if I had seen it yesterday, I would not have taken it, it is SMALL and NOT OBVIOUS.

Great level + unconvincing PA still = NO trade

Cheers

pmsl boss :18:

My thoughts are with all the folks in the US and I hope you and your families stay safe!

Johnathon

Yay!

Finally someone cleared that out.
I have noticed SO MANY TIMES wide range bars acting as s/r, just needed some 3rd party confirmation on that.
I did not understand how it works, but now it makes sense.
due to the fact the desicion wa made there to break up

Thanks Extremerange!

Fil.

Any thoughts on why I SHOULD HAVE NOT traded these two trades

Yes I have a few.

Firstly if you are going to trade 1 hour without first becoming profitable on 4hr and daily you are going to have a really really hard time trying to make a profit. There is no short cuts in this game and jumping down before mastering higher time frames is making it harder than what it has to be.

If you are going to trade 1 hr chart you need to see really large and obvious signals. The one you have traded is small and unconvincing.

As for the 4hr CADJPY pretty much the same thing. We need to be trading big and obvious reversal signals. You have picked out one of the smallest candles on the chart. Always ask yourself this question before entering: Is this trade really obvious and put and overwhelming edge in my favour? Of course the answer for both these is no and no.

Another rule of thumb to keep in mind is the lower the time frame you go down the bigger and more commanding the price action signal needs to be.

Compare the signal on the 4hr GBPCAD chart below and see if you can see the difference with your two setups. Notice how much bigger, obvious and commanding these are?

GBPCAD 4HR CHART

we have to maintain ROCK STONE DISCIPLINE to trade big and obvious PA reversal signals.
thanks Mr.Johnathon…really nice and valuable explanation…

Johnathon,

Thank you for the resonse…The truth is i should have known better…I never trade 1hr charts but thought it was a similar setup to the AUD/USD trade to took a little while back…Clearly it is not. Thank you again for the clear explanation…

Hey guys this is a trade i entered at 103.15

Hi There DJ,
You lost me with your entry point - i follow your reasoning for a trade here but I would be waiting for the High of that PB to be broken before entering. If you are in already , I wish you well.:54:
meadsie

I see your point there and i was thinking of waiting for it, but that BUEB already broke the high of the previous bar and closed above it…so we will see what happens.

Will this storm affect the USD in any way?