Forex Price Action

Hello johnathon ) Yes i also posted a chart about this pair and it really look interesting for the upcomming week.

Currently i am at page 31 of this thread so far i have a good understanding on PA but also have some confusions which i would like to ask.Below i am revising it and please correct me i am getting it the wrong way.
Here are some important points

1. Firstly should look at the important areas of support and resistance.
  2. We will only look for the candle stick signals at the swing lows and swing highs.
  3. Strong candle stick signals are only worth trading if they occur at the logical support and resistance areas.
    4)As johnathon and other members said beginners should trade with the trend not against the trend.I am not clear on this one what is trading with the trend and trading against the trend?Could someone here please clarify?
    Thanks.

Thanks John :slight_smile:

What you say about USDJPY? Very strong up trend with pin bar before 2 days… (unfortunately I missed the pin) maybe to wait for next correction… I worry about that, just wondering how far the price may go up :33:

To be honest there is no point you asking questions until you have gone through the first 50-100 pages. A lot of what you want to ask will be covered in those pages.

Read those and then ask any questions you have.

Hi Johnathon,

Yes the trade was taken here!

You can see the SR line I was looking at which was very very near to the old BRN 30.00

Now what I can see leading upto this was big bear candles which i didnt like but… The squeeze started which saw the bears leaving the market. The big bull candle was a signal that the bulls wanted to take this up and a signal was what we needed.

Boy did we get it. Now this signal was big, beautiful and a clear! A reversal which many would be afraid to take.

I did take it, half out on the first target and then rest moved to break even. You can see my second target but … I was taken out at BE only to watch it capitulate my 2nd target!

Any lessons for me here?

Cheers RMc

Thanks for the reply johnathon) But after the weekends the gaps occured because of the friday closed and the monday opening which really bothered me.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

Eur/USD 4 Hr pin bar,
What is the PA story,

My view,we have had double top,with price retracing lower to resistance area 1.3290-.3300 but still closing above this region.
For this trade i would go long with entry above the break of the pin bar high and tp at 1.3390.The pin is with the upward trend.
what your take on the PA story above?be glad to hear.

Morning all,its been a while since my last post…

Any thought about EUR/CHF 4H??

Its seem like 2BR @swing low,i will give it a try…

Any thoughts on this set-up. My thoughts were: BEEB (check) at a swing high (check). Entered the trade on Friday. Currently ahead during the Asian session. After reading Jonathan’s article today. I will not check again until my daily scan of the charts tomorrow at 6 pm. I wonder if they a patch like smokers use to sto smoking so I can stop looking at active trades (LOL)

Not a 2BR. Check The 2 Bar Reversal

Don’t know how to explain it but it just doesn’t seem right. It looks it happened in the middle of the range and once price breaks the bottom of that BEEB support will be pretty close. Maybe on of the seniors will clarify it

Any thoughts on the daily Eur/Aud?

I’m not taking this trade for the same reasons you have stated.

I “discovered” this thread about 10 days ago and started reading really seriously shortly after that. I am now around page 200, not even halfway yet!

I would like to say thank you and congratulations to Johnathan and the stalwarts like bhops, Spongybob and Dudest. Well done! You get an A+ for that! This thread is interesting and well worth the read!

This thread has been managed very well and kept on track and on topic. Most threads are derailed by posters wanting to add their own wisdom (and often showing their lack thereof!), often without even taking the effort to read the first couple of posts and determining the intend of the original poster!

The patience and support from Johnathan is simply superb!

Please keep up the good work!

I will post once I feel that I can contribute, by asking questions to get clarity myself or to test a trading idea.

Good trading to all.

I’m not “trying” to say anything; what I’m saying is all on the chart (!)

Actively go through the thread mate, & you’ll see what I mean…

Cheers

Welcome aboard!

You are right about a lot of threads and in particular of late turning to poo with random off topic and nasty posts.

I watch and protect this thread pretty closely to make sure the environment is a happy and safe one for learning. Many would not realise but I often request posts to be deleted (which I must say the BP mods are awesome at doing) so that people like yourself can go through and continually read good posts, rather than have to go through 5 pages for one decent post. I also use the ignore function to make sure certain people can not disrupt.

Once again thanks and look forward to seeing your posts in the future…

Johnathon

Logical area to look for bearish PA. That does not mean it will be there.

I am looking at this closely. Pair broke support and should be prime for a reversal. Any thoughts?

Gana take magic candle to reverse that down move. Rather let it break then retest, just an option