Forex Price Action

Hello) Johathon could you please clarify one thing, i have read this sentence in many of your posts on this thread “I took partial profit and left the rest to break even”.I dont understand this.How you took the partial profit and left the rest to break even? When the took your partial profit means you closed your position and when its closed then how can it will go back to breakeven? Is this is some sort of automatic trading?Or is it some MT4 feature which i dont know? Finally i want to ask that on internet there are thousands of scammy rubbish automatic systems available and none of them works good.Has anyone here used automatic trading to automate this price action system?I personally think that,s impossible as automatic trading softwares use indicators for making buy/sell desicions and we PA traders dont use any indicators and we mostly depend the visual reading of charts.
Thanks.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/21160-mt4-closing-half-trade.html

Break EVEN- you set your stoploss to the opening price + spread and then you have a freetrade, you cant loose a penny:-)

I will ask the senior traders to answer me if they can :slight_smile:
This days I thinking about pullbacks, and I wonder if we have obviously pullback on H4 but not on Daily do you wait also for pullback on daily or you go with this signal from H4? Like this one, which I missed becouse I trade only on daily chart and now I little sorry about that I looking only daily and above charts

This is the example:
USD/CAD Daily

USD/CAD H4

So like in this case, am I missed the pullback (as on H4) or will have another on daily chart after a couple of days? Definitely I dont want to trade on smaller charts than Daily, but if I must to looking H4 for pullbacks… will do, please help :confused:

Taking partial profits just means closing out half of your trade and then moving the remaining half of the trade to break even plus your spread . Example say you have a trade open with .20 lots and you close .10 lots at your first target leaving the remaining .10 lots open but moving your stop loss to break even.

Joffie

CADJPY big 4hr pin bar with upward trend,retracement to near term resistance 90.00 also a VBRN to
A+ trade from my analysis

Hi Gangman,
I’m far from being senior for this method and I will try to answer by asking a question. Hope you don’t mind.

(a) Where do you see a pullback on H4 on your charts, (b) to what significant level and © what PA signal to go long?
I can’t see any of the above, so I personally would not play it (bear in mind we do not play IBs at this advancement level for this particular PA method).

Giddy,
Indeed, a nice level, but I am personally not playing it because (a) it has closed much weaker on my charts showing some rejection and sellers coming into play at the end of the candle, (b) it’s entering the market from intraday signal into the weekend, and finally © it did not have enough pullback to make it A+ for me.

Pullback is like a slingshot to me.
If you pull it a lot, the possibility of delivering greater profits are far bigger (shooting further);
if you pull it gently, your missile (price) might get closer delivering smaller profits (or sometimes failing).

Bigger pullback than on your initial chart gives me bigger potential and “space” to trade into before FRA. It obviously does not mean it is not going to work and profit you if you play it correctly! It simply does not tick my boxes.

Fil.

Hi I’m a newbie to this method as well but I found some of your statements contradicting.

If you trade Daily charts, you may choose to find entries on a smaller time frame. Many traders do and they make money. Or you may choose to completely ignore lower time frame. That’s fine too, and many traders do this and they make money as well.

How you choose depends on your skills as well as your schedule. For me I don’t go to H4 because it doesn’t fit my schedule: I don’t want to wake up early during London session. Also for newbies, the higher time frame the better. If after 6 months trading I become consistent, and I find that I do need more setups (which I doubt) or better entries/exits from lower time frame (possible but may only improve marginally) then I may work on automatic strategies during London session to manage my orders but still do it manually during other hours.

Just find out what works best for yourself, ignore the fact that other people are trading H4 or lower. As others have pointed out, when you become consistent in trading daily charts you may not want to go lower to find more trades, instead you just increase your position or leverage. Good luck!

Fil,
Thanks for your input on cad/jpy post,
Enjoy your weekend

Thank you :slight_smile: I advocate trading only with daily… so I think will continue only with daily, I have to ignore H4
Thank you again, I worried that I missed the moment of every pullback. Will wait the pullback on daily chart :slight_smile:

Cheers!

[QUOTE=filipl;447264]Hi Gangman,
I’m far from being senior for this method and I will try to answer by asking a question. Hope you don’t mind.

(a) Where do you see a pullback on H4 on your charts, (b) to what significant level and © what PA signal to go long?
I can’t see any of the above, so I personally would not play it (bear in mind we do not play IBs at this advancement level for this particular PA method).

Just to answer on your questions :slight_smile: I posted pics with zoom chart to look clear, The pullback on H4 is the first red candle above resistance line, second the level are in the past and steel working ( I know that we should follow the price and place if have points for that new S&R, in this pic we have another S&R levels but they are very far away from the current price down… so the down SR (the red) doesn`t work for the current price place) I will post unzoomed pic , The PA signal is inside bar ( John say that we use in this method pin, engulf., 2bars, and inside bars) the red and small green candle after it. :slight_smile:

have you stopped the free pdf?

I might be getting what you say. Could you please clarify - do you call that one small bearish candle (purple circle below) a pullback? A pullback to your support/resistance line at 1.0018? If so, please compare it to what I call a “pullback” from my previous post with blue curvy shape on it. I am not saying I’m right, just want to make sure we are on the same page :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure your IB looks more like “my style” kind of pullback on lower TF, but to see it correctly I’d have to go to 1h? 5m? chart? Way too low for my still low confidence.

Another thing - you need to remember the S/R is a zone, not a single pip line and IBs are rather for people with some success with other PA signals, although if you feel confident playing them now and they proof profitable to you… why not?! :slight_smile:
Just my two pips.

PS. Yes, I personally recall Jonathon saying we’ll be playing IBs for this method too, although I had not seen a single example of it across last 666 pages, if you have any that you noted down, I’d be more than happy to add them to my Cheat Sheet.

What the free pdf for when you got 666 pages of free info already here? :wink:

Fil.

I am lost… what free PDF?

Hey guys,

I was looking at the CAD/JPY pair which formed a bullish pin bar on the 4 hr. When I checked the 1 hr time frame it also showed a large pin bar had formed and when I looked at the daily, a BUEB had formed. I entered the trade on the 4 hr chart at the break of the pin. (still on demo account). I have posted the charts below.

Does this look like a solid trade as three time frames are all showing bullish signs or is there too much resistance above to make a good trade? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I am still learning and am loving this forum.

Hi everyone!
Just finished reading through half this thread, which is Awesome by the way… and John you have the patience i can only envy… i really mean that! :). Any how, i wanted to post a chart for you all to critique me on. Perhaps you all can let me to know if i’m drawing these s/r zones correctly to help reinforce my logic. I want to make sure i have a solid understanding of exactly how PA is supposed to be traded from S/R zones, and the way i learn is… interactively so… I will be posting more charts in the future.

Here is one of the pairs i’ve been watching to produce an opportunity to enter with the trend.
Though the recent swing lower low is making me question the buyer power at this point, something to keep in the back of your head.

However, Technically its still a Higher Low if you use the low from Jan. so the up trend is still intact and i’m looking to PA for Long signals at Support zone.

All comments are welcome.

CAD/JPY H4

Novatrader,

4H pin bar is not on a swing low but you could probably get away with it this time because the bullish momentum is very strong.

Hi Xacto if anything I would say this pair looks caught in a bit of a range at the moe.

However provided the range is big enough, and you trade from the extreme top or bottom they can be quite profitable to play.

Waiting for price to move down to that blue zone you have highlighted to get long looks like a smart play (provided we get some confirming PA of course!)

Mine below.

( Quick tip: switching to line chart + higher time-frame helps when in doubt )

Hallo,

Just a note on correlation: just because the others didn’t act the same doesn’t invalidate a setup. Best to evaluate each chart on its own when making a trade decision. Though they have the JPY in common, they each have a different unique region attached to them.

IMHO, the BUEB on CADJPY was pretty decent. My only concern would have been that in forming the BUEB, price made a lower low, meaning there might be a possibility of a lower high (who knows?) ==> Moral: may be good idea to be conservative with TP targets on this one.

Cheers

Hallo forex4worth,

Two ways:

1. Split the trade position into, say, two, and set different TPs for them. When TP1 is hit, SL of position 2 moved to BE

2. Have one position, then manually close out only a portion of it ( MT4 allows that; when closing the trade, edit the lot size to reflect how much of the position to close out).

I personally prefer method #1, way simpler.

PS: i think it’s also good including this here: when a trade gets to a trouble area or first TP area, one can do one of the following:

REF: Post #366: 301 Moved Permanently

• Take partial profit and move remainder to BE
  • Move whole position to break even
  • Take full profit
  • Do nothing

Your choice.

Cheers!