Forex Price Action

Thank you for your prompt answer Dudest. Actually I have opened a demo account with peperstone but I still have doubt. Do you mind if I send a screenshot here, I was wondering if you might check it with yours?! :slight_smile:

As for the entry & Exit point I got the concept , I think I have a bit obsession because of the lack of disipline in the past. Therefore I try to post my setups in order to get your opinion.

Again than you for your attention and your time.
looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks , i also monitoring them. The JYP pairs have been having very nice PA setup which have given me good PIPS.

Oh man! I simply a.d.o.r.e. your single-lined-s/r charts, so clean and up to the point!
Wondering why the heck I have not yet started drawing them this way…

fil
good luck!

ps. watching the same levels :slight_smile: yay! & still in the USD/JPY long trade I bought at 88.5 (already taken half profits and S/L moved to BE+90pips).

Hi) Below we have a 4 hour chart of EURJPY.I found something really interesting and reasonable to ask on this chart.The bearish pin bar was formed on the top of swing high and it,s called a pin bar because it did open and close within the previous bar.The size of the pin bar was not bad and the S&R levels are also quite relevent on this chart.This is supposed to be a good setup according to what i have read in the first 50 pages of this thread so far.But later the price went upwards.So any senior member here please tell me, am i missing something? Was this setup lacked something?Or is it simply something inevitable in forex which is to loose at somepoint?

Forex4, that PB closed above your resistance line and the preceding bull candle closed above the resistance would signify caution. Also it never broke the pin low so you would not have got filled before it zoomed up. Now waiting for PA on this support level.

In which direction was the overall trend? Also notice where pin bar closed, above support … after breaking through resistance. Think of it in terms of and ask yourself … if I were already long, before that bar, why would I get out and close my position? … as I just saw this pair break overhead resistance and hold it.

Hi average joe) Thanks for the answer and it really makes a lot of sense.Literally i thought about what you said but later the valid bearish pin bar and the S&R levels changed my thoughts.But have one confusion and would like to ask about that.S&R isn,t about an exact line it,s a zone right?
Thanks.
Tahir.

Hi bearOZpips) Thanks and your answer also makes sense like what averagejoe answered.But i am not clear about one thing.I believe the price was trading in a range.At first there was an uptrend but later it was trading in a range am i right?Shouldn,t i just look at the recent range before making a trade?

Forex4, yes normally it is a zone and different traders will define how thick that zone is. I use best fit so the level will be like the level where there as many touches on either side with significance to the latest levels. I have the same level as yours.

Example below, I could move that red line down but big round number takes precedent and as you can see the later candles had a lot of wick penetrating the red line but could never closed below signifying to me that there are a lot of fake outs/stop hunts or whatever conspiracy theory you want to use.

Hope that explains clearer.

[QUOTE=“forex4worth”]Hi) Below we have a 4 hour chart of EURJPY.I found something really interesting and reasonable to ask on this chart.The bearish pin bar was formed on the top of swing high and it,s called a pin bar because it did open and close within the previous bar.The size of the pin bar was not bad and the S&R levels are also quite relevent on this chart.This is supposed to be a good setup according to what i have read in the first 50 pages of this thread so far.But later the price went upwards.So any senior member here please tell me, am i missing something? Was this setup lacked something?Or is it simply something inevitable in forex which is to loose at somepoint?

Hi forex4worth
I just wanted t ask if the chart yo have uploded is 5-day NY-close charts?
Thank you . :smiley:

[quote=“hossein_mir,post:6847,topic:41718”]

1. trend is up see the daily chart
  2. first bull candle broken the resistance and the pin bar formed at support

so if u take the trade blindly at pin bar you get burned without any mercy .market dont show mercy

[quote=“hossein_mir,post:6847,topic:41718”]

No i have already wrote above its a 4 hour intraday chart.

[quote=“vasude,post:6848,topic:41718”]

Hi vasude) Thanks for the answer and we are not supposed to look at different charts for different things while developing a set up as johnathon told us.Doing so is like tinkering with your trade.I spotted a pin bar on a 4 hour chart and i have look for the ingredients of A+ trade on that same chart.
Thanks.
Tahir.

Hi buddy,

Why do you think it’s a rangebound market while you have higher highs and higher lows as per my picture?

If you are referring to the “recent range”, just forget the pinbar.
Do not chase a missed trade few candles later.

Besides, the PB is not very convincing, small comparing to all those 5 up-candles in front of it. Why would you want to fight that momentum up with one teeny-tiny PB? And how some other people pointed out, playing straight into resistance. Countertrend. Not from retracement.

Don’t take it personally, but it might be profitable for you to re-read those first 50 pages paying attention to playing with trend, from value areas. Have a look in here, this could speed it up.

Kind regards.
fil

A pinbar itself isn’t worth getting excited for. It’s the candles thereafter that will tell you if price reversed.

You just can’t help yourself can you?

This thread is about trading trend following reversals, based on pin bars, two bars, and engulfing bars.

comments on this possible audusd daily trade? its with the trend at a relevant support level. pin isnt huge, but it does stand out, looks obvious to my inexperienced eyes. would look to enter above the high of the pin.

Tyler, I prefer the lowest ‘blue line’ you have drawn for the current pin bar to form because this is range bound and I would be looking at the swing low.

yeah i would like it to be a little lower too, ill keep my eye on it.

Greetings my friends!

I haven’t posted any charts for a while, but few pairs caught my attention tonight and wanted to share my thoughts out loud. Please add share your thoughts.

EUR/NZD D1
I am looking for shorts on this chart as per the longer term trend before entering range.
The question is, is it in ranging market?
Do you have similar levels marked? It has reacted to it back in the past (March-May 2012) as well.
It’s a nice PB, with direction of my overall trend (pls ignore EMA!), What I don’t like it is (a) not strong close and (b) it would be trading into a gap. They always confuse me. That’s why I’m passing on it. Simply not sure and not enough chart time in “ranging market”. Does anyone (dis)agree??

GBP/NZD D1
Nice looking PB/BEEB with the trend rejecting 1.9, although passing on it as (a) no retracement, (b) trading straight into support. Anyone else?

HKD/JPY H4
Simply waiting for a retrace to support zone and satisfying PA to go long.

Good night.
fil