Forex Price Action

Not sure if its like this for all platforms.

I use fxcm trading station 2

If you’re in a long trade with 3k lot size. Just put an entry order for a sell, and put 2k lot size. It will close out 2k when it gets to that price and the 1k will ride.

Edit: Somebody brought to my attention and I forgot hedging is allowed in other countries. I’m from U.S. So this will open another position for those where hedging is allowed.

AUDCHF 4hr pin bar retracement at key daily support level with level,why i believe its NOT A+ setup.

My analysis
Pin bar is rejecting key daily support level with the upward trend in the daily.But why i think its not A+, is the resistance which has formed from the consolidation from the previous sessions.

Am still learning PA,let me know if am thinking in the right direction

Hi giddy

Placing S/R from daily charts are a good way of finding KEY LEVELS. When looking at momentum stick with the time frame you trading from.

The Pin bar did reject your support zone, but have a look at where it closed and where your FTA is, no real value there.

No trade for me as im more bias to shorts.

Cheers

Thanks for posting this tip!

Just to add to what Wigglez said, if you do have a non-US FXCM account and would like to use entry orders to partially close your open positions (i.e. if you’d like to use Entry Orders like partial limits and stops), then you can do so if you disable hedging for your trading account on MyFXCM.com.

Jason

Hi Mr J and all members

As I said before I am a new comer to the story. I am so much into this system therefore I decided to practice it. I am providing the requirement tools. First I needed a 5 Day NY close chart because my broker does not provide it. I opened a demo account on AxiTrader server. I’ve posted a screenshot from my GBP/USD chart. Can I ask you guys to check my chart with yours ?? Please confirm if it is the real 5 day NY close chart or not??? I would appreciate it.
I have marked a specific daily candle on it with Open and Close Price in order to make the comparison easier for you. :slight_smile:

The marked candle is big PB in my NY chart but it is totally different with the chart provided by my previous broker.
Do you See What I see ?? :wink:

Thank you

Hey, Yes it’s ok

Thank you machal for your prompt answer. :wink:

Silver daily chart. Is this a 2 bar reversal?
The first bar has a wick. The first bar must close near the sessions’ lows.
I would have taken this setup if the first bar would have had a smaller wick or if the second bar would have been an engulfing bar.

From this chart it doesn’t seem it’s a key area but I draw my support line zooming out the daily chart and also from the weekly chart.

I think the bar you are talking about is not located in a key area! Moreover the trend is down … I would not take the setup…Just my opinion :wink: Of course I am a newbie and big guys should leave comment on it …

By the way Your chart is a bit different than mine. :slight_smile:

Hi guys.

I think GBP/JPY H4 is playing on a key level(Major Resistance) . If price rejects the Resistance I will be watching closely for a big PA signal. Though the trend is up but I suppose it is solid area. any opinion ??

I also didn’t take the setup because I don’t think it’s 2BR (because first bar didn’t close near sessions lows).
However if it was an EG bar I would have take it. The trend is down but it’s not mandatory to trade only in direction of trend. Reading this thread I saw many counter-trend setups (for instance the pin bar from your post GBP USD).
If I look at weekly chart (or if I zoom out the daily chart) it seems to me it’s a key area:

I’m worried too about Hotforex charts. On my Hotforex chart I don’t see the pin from GBPUSD from your post. Maybe I should use other charts? I saw in the first post from this thread that Hotforex is NY close.

Hi Spongybob,
Thanks for your input.What i do is mark my SR levels in daily time frame,then go down to 4 hr to look for an entry signal but with the daily momentum.

cheers

Yes You are right about taking obvious setups on counter trends. But as I consider myself as a new trader I prefer to trade with trend ( As Mr J mentioned it many times). So I wrote I would have taken it because I don’t see the unnecessary skill in myself to trad with counter trend :slight_smile:

As for the chart : I am almost sure that mine is NY Close I checked it with some resources plus Mr Machal also confirmed it in the previous page. But I have a solution for making sure about it. you can check the overlap time of the Forex session here
A daily closed candle in NY chart presents open and close of New York session. therefore you an convert the open or close time to your time zone.Then you an check the closed price, for instance, of a particular day with that exact time during the day of your chart in order to make sure it is same.
For example I live in one of the central European countries. Here the closure time of Ney York session overlaps exactly with 10:00 PM . so I checked the closed price of a daily candle in my NY close chart with the price of 10:00 pm of the H1 candle in that day in another broker. It had 2 pips difference which is normal , I guess.

I hope it helps :slight_smile:

Just wanted to recap a few setups that were discussed in here.

EURNZD DAILY
This clearly shows why we look for the first levels and why we do not trade into key areas. I know a few in here took this not quote pin bar setups and can learn from this…

GBPNZD DAILY
This highlights the point I was making about this setup being at the incorrect swing. Because this pin is at a low and not a high it is trading straight back into the swing support level. We talk about this a lot but when trading pins we are trading reversal signals. That means we must be picking price to reverse. This is also why it is critical to trade from the right swing areas. So whilst this may still go lower from the pin, the example has been made showing how if someone entered this pin from the low and not the high they are trading into the swing support area. As we can see price has hit the support and found bulls. Time will tell what happens here and whether this does work out great, but over time trading into areas of S/R will in the end lessen the chance for trades to work out.

GBPUSD 4HR
Price is now at a critical level. Waiting to see if the bears enter here and look to take price on the next level back lower. If this resistance fails we have 2 more critical levels with the next coming in around the round number of 1.5800.

Safe trading all,

Johnathon

SL got Hit !!

Please look at the below image. I got the marked PB as a good setup as It was also rejected by a major Support. It was also with trend ! Plus good R/R … But I got stopped !! :frowning: it even did not reach the FRA. SO i even could not move to BE level.
everything seemed to me good and tradeble. can anyone tell me why this setup was false ???

Looking forward to hear your opinions…!!!

Support? Yes. With the trend? No. Sticking out away from price? No. The biggest problem with this pin was it was not at the low and sticking out away from price.

The image below shows what would have been better… This is using the same chart but now with the pin at the low instead of set back in price like your pin was.

Johnathon

First of all it was not with the trend becuase overall it was the downtrend and secondly the the pin bar was clearly rejecting support.

Hi Hossein

I agree with you there, lets see if we get a nice big rejection of BRN and triple top.

Cheers

Thank you so much Johnathon for your explaination. I think I got the concept in a wrong way , a bit. I thought the best Pin is the one which kisses the key level and turn aorund . But as far as what you are telling here the best Pin is the one which attacks the key level and stab into it for some pips and then TURN AROUND. yes ??? did I get it right??

I took this trade as with the rend because I zoomed out just one click in MT4. This is a very common problem for new traders Mr Johnathon. it can be very subjective that which trend should be taken. ! I suggest you based on your knowledge and experience give us a so-called standard amount of zoom or something like this. this may make it easier for us to pick the given trend. it is just an opinion . :slight_smile:

Thank you

How far are you through the thread at this stage so I know what level your at?