Pablo

Thanks Pablo :slight_smile:

Hi friends,

What do you think of this?

AUD/CAD H4 2BR:

Should it break lower, it could slide down to test recent supports

Cheers

2BR on silver (XAGUSD) Daily has worked out good
Took it on demo (wish iā€™d taken it on live!)

Nice Dudest you are really getting the hang of it. I am now looking for longs on this pair as well and exactly the level you have highlighted.

Hope you got on this one Dudest. Quite a few of our members hopped on the the USD/CAD PB and are now either taking profits and moving to BE or just moving to BE. You levels marked are real good.

Yes this was covered in here and hope some in here were able to take. Really simple trading at itā€™s best. Pin rejecting resistance and big round number of 1.00. Sold lower and gave chance for traders to take profit and move to break even.

Good trading to all,

Johnathon

Thanks Bryce, your encouraging feedback is very appreciated!

I took it alright! Have now exited all my positions
Thanks Johnathon & Bryce

Update: Exited this trade at the purple line (chart below)

Reason:

1. A BEEB formed on the last 4-hour at a previously tested S/R level (chart below)
  2. Also, USDCHF is pulling back (up) after breaking support => climbing USDCHF => falling EURUSD/GBPUSD/AUDUSD/NZDUSD

Letā€™s see how this goesā€¦

Dudest regarding your NZD/USD 4 hourly chart wouldnā€™t we be better to wait until we reach a proven S&R zone with swing points?

I will load a chart of where I will be looking to trade probably short.

I think he is talking more about trade management than actually taking trades. I thinkā€¦

In any case if you are Dudest:

Please stick to the same charts as you have taken the trade. If you take a daily trade manage it on the daily time frame. People do this all the time and to be honest it is very silly.

Itā€™s like saying I will enter a setup on the daily using daily support and resistance lines and then exit because less important levels on an intraday chart have been hit.

People think they are being clever but all they are doing is messing with their trades which is just another form of over trading.

Make a plan before you enter and then follow that plan. For example I might say I will enter at X and move to break even at X or take profit at X. I will then enter and follow that plan. The only thing going down time frames will do is scare yourself out of profit.

And if you arenā€™t doing this well I am positive someone else will be and can learn from this.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

2 Likes

Thanks Bryce.
I didnt take the small BEEB, i just exited incase it reversed thereā€¦
But youā€™re right, if iā€™d been a bit more patient (and not messed with lower timeframe as Johnathon says above), it would have hit TP ok. Lesson learned :confused:

Thanks Johnathon. Hard but very apt lesson; i will learn from this.

Update: buy stop entry has been activatedā€¦hereā€™s to strong climb up!

I have been in a long EUR/CAD trade since 14/03, so my bias is certainly long and hoping for further upside. A couple of hundred pips would be nice, but I mustnā€™t be too greedy lol.

ST

It would be a lot more helpful to those following along on the thread if you were to offer up a bit more information than the above donā€™t you think?

The other posters give detailed reasons for entering, which usually translate to a couple of specific candle formations mentioned throughout the thread, including the odd chart to clearly show the setup & level. Those potential trades are also posted on & around the time of entry.

It would be a lot more helpful to the site in general if you were not to take such a combative tone in your posts, donā€™t you think? If you want more detail you could just ask rather than make out that I have somehow failed to meet the high standards you expect from contributors.

I did not go into the details of my Entry as it was not relevant to the question: dudest has entered today, and wanted comments on todayā€™s trade; as I am already long, and holding the trade, then I felt that a generic comment from me on the direction of his trade was relevant, so I made it - I agree with his read on market direction.

However, my Entry was nearly two weeks ago and was not based on the same entry criteria, so I felt that going into detail could distract the thread from its purpose (and a strength of this thread hitherto is that it does not get bogged down in extraneous detail but rather stays focussed on the point at hand) and was not relavant to the question that dudest had asked. It is perfectly possible to offer strategic agreement while having trading a move entirely differently and on a different timeframe.

However, since you asked, however rudely: I entered my own trade via order overnight on the night of 14th March, based on an opportunity initially seen on the Daily chart, but reinforced by other timeframes. I went long at 1.2936, halfway up the Daily bar. My Stop was at 1.2880, so I risked 56 pips/1% of my account. My TP is 1.3430. I have already taken some profit, and trailed the Stop on the remainder to BE, and I added to the position as I went, so I have banked a decent return so far and am hoping for more - from memory I have about 7% in the bank on this one, with a chunk still open and hoping to hit the original TP. Itā€™s now a ā€˜freeā€™ trade in the sense that there is no exposed Stop.

I had a few reasons for Entry - weā€™re ranging currently, with the bottom of that range being around the 1.2900 level, it was a rejection of Weekly S1, RSI gave reassurance on multiple timeframes (eg. Daily and 240), we had an inverse head and shoulders on the 240, a reversal on the Hourly, there were a few other factors that lined up at the time but that covers the basics.

I did not think that all that detail was relevant to dudestā€™s post as a) it describes a completely different trade and b) Jonathon likes to keep this thread focussed on simple principles and not go into the more esoteric stuff, which works well in this environment but means that posting detail of my trading style could be more distraction than assistance and I wanted to keep things how Jonathon runs them as this is, after all, his thread.

I am a follower of this thread as elements of my approach dovetail with Jonathonā€™s, but have not posted for those reasons - Jonathon and the members of his community are the driving force here, they set the tone.

Dudest asked for comments, I thought that he would find it helpful to know that others were looking at the same chart and seeing the same direction. That was all.

I was not seeking to post something unhelpful - I was simply seeking to remain relevant and focussed. So I am sorry if you found my post less helpful than others available - perhaps if you had expressed that desire for more information with less attitude I would be more inclined to soften the tone of this response.

[B]Jonathon:[/B] I apologize for the fact that what I intended to be a brief, helpful interjection has become the longwinded and distracting siding that I sought to avoid by not going into the details of my earlier trade on your thread. I will be more circumspect in future.

ST

Hey all

I got to agree with Simon

Shadowline that was a little harsh, but lets forget that and move on.

This thread is awesome and lets keep it like that.

Cheers

Hardly - I stated that I had been long since then as for a trade idea based on the 240 chart it is good to be backing a longer-term move rather than a short-term blip, so it was relevant to say that I had been long for the past two weeks in the context of being supportive of dudestā€™s read of market direction.

You have no evidence for saying that I am making this up through hindsight, and why would I do that? I donā€™t do that for every trade idea posted, so it would be odd for me to single this one outā€¦ unless I really was already long and wanted to give dudest an answer to his question. I certainly put my hands on a lot of reasons to be in that trade at that time very quickly if I really did just make it up to impressā€¦ some people I have never met.

As for making myself look good - itā€™s an anonymous internet forum, my fragile male ego will survive regardless of what other posters think of my trade ideas.

You, on the other hand, are now name calling and generally coming across as a brattish twelve year-old, so perhaps you should concern yourself rather more directly with how one comes across on an internet forum, if you really think that these things are important?

For my part, I will simply add you to my ignore list and wonder why I still try to help other posters on here when so often other posters have to engage in flaming for no apparent reason.

1 Like