Forex Price Action

Read at least 50 first pages, you will find out near all of necessary thing…well come!

I am waiting the price go lower the Pin bar to enter. by the way, you should find other MT4 demo of other brocker which show NewYork close with 5 daily bar per week to analyse, your daily chart looks like have some useless bar at satuday…( 6 daily bar per week)

Can someone teach me how to convert 8 hours chart? I did download the P4L Period converter. But I don’t know how to do.
I did follow the steps wrote in the website but still didn’t get it. Someone can explain to me the steps?

Yes Sir! :smiley:

It could eventually play out, but it isn’t an A+ setup. It only achieves 2 of the 3 requirements to be an A+ setup.

My first post here. Been following the thread for awhile now. I don’t mean to sound negative - and please correct me if I’m wrong - but by definition the bar indicated is not a Pin Bar as it does not open and close within the body of the previous Bar.

It just needs to close within the high-low of previous candle.

whats about GBPUSD

H4 short setup ?

Hmm. I wonder what people are paying when they start using demo accounts too and eventually when they go live. I doubt people are willing to throw in 25k when starting out or even have that kind of money to put into an account. Especially since I’m still quite young. I guess I’ll have to stick to the majors and a few others then.

Yes it is and price should go down as per the pin bar but for a short time…

Hi everyone,
am new here, have been following for some weeks now and I would say a lot of thanks to Jo.

Ok, on weekly chart, I just just saw what looks like a Bearish reversal Engulfing Bar on USD/JPY.
Can anybody confirm? Thanks a lot.

yes, i will do it, thanks so much

Thanks for the fast reply. I double checked after your reply and of course you are correct sir. I actually coded an EA to identify Pin Bars, 2BR, BEEBs, BUEBs, and IBs. The EA just alerts me when they are formed. I checked my code and sure enough I coded it correctly - Pin Bar = bar with tail at least 3 times body and body is within high and low of Previous candle. Sorry my first post was incorrect, not sure what I was thinking there.
I reading enjoy this forum, a lot of good people post here, so I hope I didn’t offend anyone.

Its better to stay out, trade reversal the very strong uptrend is not the good idea.

See up to Daily chart (GBPUSD), we can see that the price still trap in strong support, i think its better to wait until it passes this level to short.

That is very very strong bullish momentum you are trading into. I would really stay out of this one and look for a retrace. Usually you can do a counter trend trade once in a while but this momentum is extremely bullish

But if we see the hourly chart, its a different story, more confusing…I do not want to take decisions based on weekly charts and I hope very few analyzes weekly charts!

Thank you guys. I will stay out and watch, maybe you too.

EURCAD D1

Hello everyone, as I mentioned I’m going to trade only pin bars till autumn to found out what can I achieve with this PA method. It is Monday and we already have interesting PB on value area. Actually, it is very clear setup.
The biggest problem it is against recent momentum which was sharp… But the PB has managed to close below important area and for me it means that it is A+. Pin bars are reversal and it’s meet all criteria as A+ if trading against momentum is just preferable. I wouldn’t consider this as a good trade if not this area which is more than obvious and here we have bearish PB on swing high to sell expensive.

krugman25 said that it’s not trade for him, but I would like to hear what others thinking about this setup!

By the way, I put pending order to sell on breakthrough on my demo. I want to master pin bars and if I want to have good skill to trade them I cannot miss opportunity like this to gain experience. I’m prepared to loss but trade to win!

Although there has been some recent bullish momentum, I think it still is viable since the overall trend is downwards, the PA signal is a good size, and it has been quite a strong support level in the past. I’m still a beginner though.

Edit.
Took a closer look, and there is is a trouble area pretty close to the pin bar where you would enter, which might not give your trade much room to move. I’ve highlighted the FTA (First trouble area) in the chart below.