Forex Price Action

Hey, its really simple.

We put a Pending Order such as Buy Stop if we wanna Buy on top of the Pin. Illustrated below.

Once the price break the top of the Pin and trigger our Buy Stop order, we are in.

With PA method here, breaking of the PA candle is the confirmation that the PA Candle is a valid one.

Hope you are clear now.

Jack

What do you think about my last trade? I entered my trade after a small pin. Iā€™m around 40 pips in profit. Should I keep the order open orā€¦?

Edit: I closed the trade because I was satisfied with the profit and the pin bar was small, so I thought the price wonā€™t go a lot lower.

Firstly are you in demo or Live?

Secondly, in this PA method we only trade Pin Bar, Engulfing Bar and two bar Reversal at swing points. Which means that when the trend is trending up, we Buy at swing low when those PA candles present.

Thereā€™s some error at babypips or my internet i cant show you in picture now but could you read the first 50 Pages of the thread as it will solve most of your problem you dont understand now.

I cant suggest if you should open or close your current order but what i know is that the recent trend is up and you are trading against it.

Gd luck!

jack

But the overall trend is not upā€¦look at the bigger picture and my support/resistance lines:

Hi Sivric,

letā€™s make it clearer. The overall most recent swing trend is up, so you are trading against it. There are times when we need to zoom out our chart to get a better idea where to put our S/R for example, but when it comes to trend-defining, we always judge it based on the most recent one.

The reason for that is very simple, we are swing traders who typically hold open trades for days or weeks at most, so it does not really make any sense to see the trend for the last few months or years for example. :wink:

Hi Sivric,

You might find the above post useful, if not than atleast it will hopefully make you smile.

Cheers

Thanks guysā€¦I find this information very helpful, but drawing support/resistance lines and finding good (and low risk) opportunities requires a lot of experience, right? But I wonā€™t give upā€¦I tried lots of indicators and I lost money on every demo account I had. I started learning about PA two or three months ago and I already see some improvementsā€¦actually, I stopped losing money and I think thatā€™s great!

I exited this trade early. 20 pips shy of my tp. And price dropped further than my tp. Typical. Made 1% so canā€™t complain. But I find myself exiting winning trades early. My current problem. Anyone have any advice for this?

dARTH

STEP AWAY FROM THE PC! :wink:

I know that sounds a bit sarcastic, but truly that is the only way.

And for a second bit of motivation, itā€™s once you have lost enough money on a system that WOULD be profitable had you just stuck to your rules, that you eventually say enough is enough. [I]The pain of messing up your trades becomes more than the pain of taking losses.[/I] When you reach that tipping point, you have officially leveled up as trader.

Cheers

Hey another piece of advice. Your better off setting your tp at the 1st support area. Especially when your playing such a shaky trade. I would know. Wish I could post a picture. Anyway looks to me 20 pips higher than your line. As resistance turns to support and visa versa.

dARTH

First problem to that is I donā€™t even need to be at my pc I simply do via my phone. Isnt technology a double edged weapon. :slight_smile:

There is so many counter arguments my ego is preparing, but truthfully your right. Itā€™s down to faith in the system, faith in your plan, experience and discipline.

Though at the end of my second month trading Iā€™m sitting at 15% gain. Iā€™m really happy and majority Iā€™m sticking to the above sometimes I just forget.

Thanks for the response. I remember you saying in another thread you have some bad trading experiences. How are you getting on with pure PA?

dARTH

Iā€™ve definitely been through all the roller coaster rides that the FX Theme Park has to offer, I promise you that :wink:

That is also why I am simply commenting out of personal experience and I can very happily say that as I am looking at my equity curve of the last couple of months, it leveled out first which was an amazing turning point from just dropping like a stone, to steadily and consistently rising. This has been quite a trip and much more to learn I guess, but I know enough not to be confused anymore, to be clear in my thinking and confident in my trading. I couldnā€™t have asked for much more than this, the results are starting to speak for themselves.

All the best man, good luck!
Cheers

try @ demo

Hi nkanirmal,
Im missing your entry PA ?

Cheers

Wow!! The audcad paid off, did you see that spike! I adjusted my tp yesterday to account for fsa and second support area. Obviously Iā€™m happy that it was A winning trade but Im wishing i stook to my guns. Another 3% in the bank.

Anyone think it has more to give?

Darth

Look at weekly. Seems a very decent EB right off a strong level. Should be good for quite a few pips but I figure the trade may last longer than the usual day or two.

Hey sharpe95, I would have to agree with you on that. Think my next trade will be placed on weekly. But how would you set your pending trade. I donā€™t think 10 pip below the beeb would work on such a big picture.

Thoughts?

Darth

Usually for weekly we put 15 - 20 pips of buffer. The bigger the TF the more the buffer. Hope this helps!

Yeah cheers bro

Guys both USDSGD 4HR/8HR has potential trades.

I think 4Hr already took off but 8Hr is still tradable if it close lower!!

Jack