Forex Price Action

I never failed to follow it once i have filled it but every-time I enter a trade quickly in order not to miss it I end up re-evaluating it once I am home and find points I have failed to mentally check and … (you know the rest)

Although I do have it on my dropbox/phone etc… I guess it is just safer to abide by the rule not to enter a trade unless I am home and have enough time to evaluate it properly. I think it is hard enough being objective when you are at home and focused, let alone in a car or at a client

Hi EternalNewB,

Well that argument never kept me from entering impulsive trades, I still did over and over again. What stopped me from doing it was realizing that… trading from your phone sucks! I don’t know about you guys, but that stupid little chart on a phone doesn’t nearly give me the insight into the S/R level, price action etc that I can see on the computer screen. Trading from the phone now feels exactly like blind luck gambling to me! Like, I literally get anxious when I even consider having to trade from a phone for the rest of my life. Allow the thought of that to scare away any greed you have! :slight_smile:

Take care man,
Cheers

Trading from the phone usually gives you less feature than the one you have in your PC. I actually only see my chart in my PC most of the time, or laptop if I need to be away from my home.

I also have my trade software ready in my Ipad and smartphone, but yeah, it kinda sucks to read it and setup your trade there. Not recommended at all. :frowning:

In a car or at a client??? You really need to stay away from your chart in that case, EnB.

Guess that’s the conclusion I have reached and wanted confirmation on. It is ok to let a trade go even if it looks good on your chart if you don’t have enough time to analyze it properly

Thank you for the reality check

Hey guys,

new here, I thought I’d give my opinion anyway…

[not a professional PA trader yet, still reading all my eyes allow me to read, and trading from a tiny real account - not losing any money yet! (this time around at least)]

I am between computers atm, my wife’s MacBook Pro, my tiny Linux-powered laptop and my brand new Sony Xperia Z1 "smart"phone, waiting for parts in order to get my desktop PC back up and running with the proper charting software.

I have to say that the best device in my hands atm is the Xperia Z1 with the NetDania app for charting! I have not found anything worthwhile using on mac (suggestions welcome!) and with linux… unfortunately even less forex software available. I presume that because all the big financial companies and banks use Windows based systems everything forex is, well, Windows based…

I guess it is just about finding the best platform on the best screen resolution… However, I can’t wait to have my PC back up and running, and MetaTrader displayed on my screen again!

[btw I have my eyes on the CHFJPY 1D chart atm as well…]

Claudio

True dat bro.

I also agree with Mr J that: while trading from <devices> may have merits/advantages for some, overall it was designed to trigger over-trading [ most brokers are now using an STP/ECN model; the only way to make money is through volumes (spreads + commissions) ]

It’s a crazy mind game we’re in.

Cheers

You and me sensei. Same for EURJPJY

Dudest I sent you a private message.

I used to love NetDania untill I read this thread and found out about NY closing time, netDania charts are not NY closing time and thus I don’t use them anymore

I agree with the argument in favour of NY closing time charts, as I have just started trading I’m still getting organised with all that sort of stuff…

Thanks for your input!

Hi All,

Sticking to a diet and keeping fingers off junk food with little nutritional value which leaves you hungry afterwards is difficult. It gets worse once you are used to a unhealthy lifestyle. Don’t worry I’m not posting in the wrong thread.

Taking junk food is letting yourself down,same as taking rubbish and junk trades. It might be tricky to find a healthy trade but once you know what a good trade consists of you can label the rest as junk.

There you go, the market is an open buffet ,you gotta take what’s good for you and maintain a healthy trading style in order to see results.
Personally I found it hard to stick to my trading diet whenever I was in a drawdown. Eventually I had to buckle thigs up to get out of a trading slum.

Hope peers found it useful.

Cheers

Although logging into acc with iPhone is very troublesome, when I read this I know I have to give this comment some support! Very true!! Nice one!!

Jack

I liked that, good analogy, good advice!

Cheers

Looking at taking this trade off of the weekly.

Most likely with a risk/reward of 1:1 or am I missing something?

My first take profit is marked at support 0.9600. Second take profit will be at 0.9400.

[B]ig week coming up for the AUD.[/B] CAD has news on Wed & Fri., so best of luck with it!

Hi everyone, I’m new and ready to get rich!

Here is my 5 minute chart, my first steps and there must be price action somewhere inside. Will find it eventually! If you can, so can I! (I understand I may not get it right the first time though)

:53:

Joking lol don’t kill me :slight_smile:

Seriously though, I am new, sort off, I tried FX few years ago, I lost a little over half of my small live account and still have other halt to play with it now and use it as a test drive. I gave up on FX, I to was suckered into playing micro moves. I was actually break even, but one expert went crazy over night while I was sleeping and lost me about 60% of small live account. Lol crazy old days :slight_smile: That’s when I gave up on experts and soon after on FX.

But now, after several years I accidentally stumbled on to this board and method and I just know I love it before I even tried it, it just makes sense, I love higher time frame and clean price action idea.

I’m not quite new to markets and TA though, since I do trade stocks for several years. And I found myself shifting there from hourly to daily to weekly charts! I was wondering, does anyone use this PA action method on daily equity charts? I was eyeballing 500 charts (all SP500 stocks) and I found some past (in a hindsight) possible trading candidates. Just curious if anyone is trading regular markets with this PA. I’m considering trying out once I get better feeling for method since that’s where my money is.

I have read first 500 posts (50 pages) and I’m now going through last 1,000 posts (100 pages) - wanna catch up with current FX charts, I’m inpatient :-), then I will go back and read additional 1,500 posts and hope I will gather enough knowledge that I will not need to bug you guys too much :slight_smile: (I understand questions are welcome, I just want to do some of my part first before I start with questions about this method)

That being said I do have one question now, that probably was not answered already. I like to know/understand why’s.
I understand the pin rule, that pin’s body need to be part of previous candle, but does anyone happen to know why it can’t be outside previous body? I’m asking, because form TA viewpoint, it is even more (hmm struggling with English words) isolated pin is like island reversal it is even more prone to reversals. Not arguing mind you, just trying to understand what is the rationale behind this rule.

Also, part of the reason for posting chart beside my joke is, I wanted to see if candlesticks can be seen clearly enough with that background that I like or should I change background to something lighter when posting here.

Anyway, so much for my introduction, new here, glad to be here, I love the idea, I will pull up my old live account just for this one, I’m planing to understand and adopt this method and maybe even try to implement it to general stock market if successful. If not I just may do FX trades more serious some time in the future. Maybe. Now back to learning :slight_smile:

Oh, one more question if this one is not out of the line here? My plan was to eventually, once I get good basic knowledge here and I see I can adopt it successfully enough, my plan was to eventually go to Jonathon site and pay for the course. Why not it is not that much and if it will really help me… But if I understood one of old post, are there two courses that you pay each of them? If so, is it OK for this forum rules if someone would tell me (or PM me) what is the price of second, advanced course? (I’m not quite sold to idea to start trading FX seriously, I really like stock market, and if I will not be able to successfully implement this method to the stock market it may not be worth the cost, just to play with FX)

Like most people on this thread I don’t take news events into account except NFP. News events are ready taken into account in the price;)