Forex Price Action

NZD/USD opened today with a huge gap, price is attempting resistance for the third time.

Will the gap be filled now that resistance is holding? We have an inside bar

You mean the Hikkake pattern?

Hikkake Chart Pattern

Yip :8:

But I like to call it fakey as its SIMPLE!

Let’s keep it the the really obvious Price Action.

Let’s ask ourselves this. If there is thousands of price action traders out there today why is there so few that make money?

It all comes back to trade selection.

Forget nearly all the IB’s.

Stick to the really obvious Price Action that sticks out like a sore thumb. So what if you only make 3-6 trades a month! They will be 3-6 winners a month.

I am serious! If you want to be a winner at PA trading you have to do the opposite of the next guy and that is pick better trade than them.

Johnathon

1 Like

Thanks, already checking !

:slight_smile: Vahagn

Not much round tonight for myself.

I will be back around come New York close or an hour after or so in the morning my time.

Safe trading to all and many pips to all!

Kind regards,

Johnathon

Oh Kool just making sure on the same page as I personally don’t trade it.

Safe trading and night.

Many pips to you,

Johnathon

You are 100% correct Johnathon

Select your trades wisely. Im just trying to give people an understanding of PA at important levels, I havnt traded any pair today.

Happy trading all, Iv got a beautiful woman to entertain :32:

I wish you a Good luck !!! :wink:

Johnathon,
could you explain the Pin bar, please…I am not sure to know it right. Is it the Hammer candle?
Thanks

Hi peeps :slight_smile:

What do you think of this one?

-> GBPUSD H4
-> Uptrend, followed by pullback (on resistance level), followed by (what i see as a ) bullish engulfing bar (BUEB) [also on the resistance level]

XAG/USD 4H

Saw the first BUEB yesterday, thought to wait, wish now i’d taken it :confused:
On to the next resistance…

Still for XAGUSD:

Double-checked on daily chart => there’s a bullish pin bar on 16th Feb. Pin bar nose going right through the (now) support, and signifying reversal to bullish side, which is same as the trend before pullback.

How i would have entered it ( corrections most welcome! )
BUY: 33.64 (10 pips above pin-bar high)
SL : 32.53 ( 10 pips below pin-bar low)
RISK: 111 pips

1:1 => 111 pips => exit @ 34.75

Think it’s still worth entering…

What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot Johnathon

1 Like

Hey all,

Okay so I have to say this once and then I can be done with it. I will help as much as I can in here. Please people do not get peeved with me or send emails to me because I haven’t done something you like etc I am a super busy person. I want to build this thread and help as many people trade Price Action succesfully as I can. I believe in trade and believe in PA 100%. I did not invent anything I am teaching in here. I learnt everything I know from someone or something else! Yes I have put personal spins on things to suit how I like or how I personally see the market but there is no inventing the wheel here! Anyone who claims to invented anything price action wise is nearly almost always telling lies!

People must also understand this will also always come second to A) My trading and b) my members, but I promise I will always eventually get around to answering as best I can. I may not post live as that’s not fair on my members but I will help as very much as I can! I also love helping and the convos.

Okay so Dudest I will asnwer the GOLD BUEB question first and instead of giving answer I will give question! I think making you think could be more beneficial sometimes!

Have a look at my chart below. That bar looks similar to the bar you are calling a BUEB doesn’t it? Who are in control here? Would you confidently say the bulls are going to roar higher? Would you say this is screaming at you WOW this wan’t to go higher? If you could pick one trade would you pick this to go higher?

PS: You have already come a long way in just 24 hours after not even knowing what an engulfing bar was!

Okay so this one positive: With the trend, and yes it is a BUEB.

However neg’s: Not at a pull back (substantial pull back), Trading straight into key area or previous resistance.

Okay so it wouldn’t surprise me to see it go higher just because of the trend however traders do not want to get into the habit of trading these average signals into trouble areas.

See my chart. You will notice the area you would be trading right into and also where I have highlighted for a better pull back area for longs.

Johnathon

PS: The area you will see on my chart I have highlighted to go long doesn’t look logical as the chart is zoomed in. if you zoome your chart out and mark 1.5700 you will then see the area I am talking about.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Johnathon.
I think i see what you mean.
In the pic i attached, and also in the one you’ve attached, the smaller body shows that the bears and bulls are fighting, and it doesn’t scream that bulls will roar up,…actually, looks more like some sort of fighting indecision… Thanks for the thinking question.

PS: I hope you didn’t think i was peeved at you, or that i was blaming you… I understand that you have your own things you’re doing, and also that your members come first. Sorry for any offence…

Hey guys it’s been a minute and I can see that this thread is really moving along!

I just wanted to post up a couple of Engulfing bars on the AUD/JPY 4 hour chart and show Price Action at work.

A couple of things, first just keeping it simple trading with the trend and waiting for pullbacks to get long.

On the 1st BUEB I had to be careful of some looming resistance overhead and moved to BE as soon as it got hit. Typically there will always be some levels you have to be aware of and this is where trade management plays its part.

On the 2nd BUEB we can see that that overhead resistance then turned into Support and gave us another lovely BUEB to get long! Really really simple stuff.

Hey mate,

no you took me the wrong way. I wasn’t directing at anyone.

Anyway let’s get right back to price action.

Yes as you said the bar you pointed out on gold is more of an indecision bar than a bar that is telling us it wants to go higher. So yes it worked out but don’t kick yourself for nit trading that. In fact do the opposite and pat yourself on the back for not taking such a rubbish setup! We need to get into the habit of taking only the best setups!

Okay so when trading engulfing bars we want the price to finish in the last 1/3 of the direction we wan’t to trade. So for clarification please see the chart.

So in the following chart we have a Bullish Engulfing Bar. Notice it closes in the top 1/3 of the candle. This is what we want.

Johnathon

This is some really awesome trading! They could both be classed as 2bar’s or BUEB!

Nice work

1 Like