Forex Robot World Cup

I would like to have posted a live link but the mods are “infraction happy” and won’t let me … in this particular case a link would be appropriate since it links to the account statement requested. Anyway, this FRWC competition was sponsored by FXCM, a legitimate broker, so I wouldn’t consider their promotions a “scam” … perhaps over-hyped, but not a scam. Please provide comments on their latest offering.

Note: I am in no way related to the FRWC or FXCM; they just spam my email box via other promoters.

I followed the live results during the competition and there wasn’t any funny business going on. I did a quick check of the Fusion robot results and they look legitimate as well. I have to agree with the comment about over hyping - something this good can stand on its own.

With any software product, the results obtained by some will be much better than what most people can achieve. For instance the difference between a power user and most Excel users is dramatic in the quality of results and the ease with which they were achieved. I am convinced this is even more true with EAs and robots. Very few of them are true “fire and forget” systems. From the limited description of the Fusion Robot it strikes me as being very complex and sophisticated.

I doubt if anybody will achieve similar results to those posted by FRWC. The question then becomes how close can most of us come. I expect a few will do quite nicely, but a lot of people will be frustrated and give up when they run into a rough patch. It will require a good unstanding of the Forex market plus some insight into the workings of the robot to achieve success. I very much doubt this robot will become the Holy Grail, but its going to be interesting to try it.

So, I guess you’ll be “trying” / buying it :slight_smile: … keep us posted on the performance

Finally it is offer for sales now with the package top 3 robots and cost $999 (one time payment) or $599 x2 (two time payment). Together with 60 days money back guarantee. How confident they are!

yeah they are pretty confident and I think a lot of people have been waiting for this… a search on google for “royal trader rebates” shows a few places offering rebates… :smiley:

I’m pretty much interested to see how this goes. Keep me posted please.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

I really do want someone who buys this package to come on here and say they turned a $10,000 deposit into $2,430,000 in 5 months. (300% a month for 5 months)

But my gut feeling is that these robots will dissapoint and stop working very soon.

But deep down…I really do hope that this is not the case, for the people who purchase this. As a part of me, really wants to believe that these things are possible…and a part of me wants to believe that there ARE “honest” system sellers in a Forex community full of scammers.
:wink:

Though experience tells me otherwise.

Anyone who buys this, please keep us all updated here, as Im interested to see how this all pans out in the end.

Well, a 300% ROI in 5 months isn’t that much. As long as the bots keep working, it’s a good thing. So start getting out the money and investing.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

What are you smoking?
Thats a huge return.
Most professionals are happy with 20% a YEAR

1 Like

Their price point is about twice my expectation so I don’t think so. There will be other opportunities in the future and then they will have a track record.

He didn’t mean 300% over 5 months which is still very impressive. The Fusion robot had 300% in less than a month and over 5 months that would be … well I can’t figure it out, but huge.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this: FXCM’s website contains no mention of the Forex Robot World Cup anywhere that I could find. I followed lots of news-related links on their site and also searched specifically for the phrase “Robot World Cup” without results. It seems to me that if FXCM is sponsoring this, there would be some mention of it on their website.

I think it’s a scam. Their domain forex-robot-world-cup.com/ is registered only until 9-9-2010.
look it yourself Whois Lookup & IP | Whois.net
why would they hide their information if they are of good intentions??

smells like a huge scam

6 months and they only sold their first robot today. I think not. FXCM and/or Boston Technologies would have been on to them long before this unless it was legit.

Just to follow up on my earlier post: I live-chatted with FXCM and asked them directly. The person I chatted with confirmed that they are indeed sponsors of the World Cup. I’ll paste the conversation at the end of this message. (Of course, my inner skeptic says, okay, if a big brokerage is sponsoring it, that means I thoroughly believe the EAs involved will make money for the [I]brokerage[/I]…)

Edward: hello this is Ed

Edward: how can i help

Michael: Hi, Edward. A group called the Forex Robot World Cup claims that FXCM is one of its sponsors. I don’t see anything about this on FXCM’s site. Is their claim true?

Edward: yes it is

Edward: let me get you someone

Edward: who is more familair with that

Chat InformationPlease wait while I transfer the chat to ‘Gabe’.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with ‘Gabe’

Gabe: Hi Michael, I can help you there

Gabe: Yes, we are an official sponsor of the Forex World Cup

Gabe: you can see our sponsorship on the World Cup page

Michael: I’m curious why there’s no mention of it on FXCM’s website?

Gabe: We sponsor several events in the forex universe

Gabe: so it really isnt necessary to have them on our website, since our sponsorship will drive people to our website

Gabe: not the other way around

Michael: I see. Thank you very much.

Its not a scam, domain information is hidden to protect against spam.
Date of registration of a domain means nothing, when releasing a new product its not uncommon to register a new domain.

good job, this is pretty good evidence.

Hmmm… I have been following the FRWC as well, but not really sure what price tag is reasonable for this package of EA’s. [B]If [/B]they perform to anywhere close to the documented curve then I guess $999 represents a relatively small investment, but is this a big [B]if[/B]?, I don’t think so. The Fusion EA, is supposed to have churned $1000 into $4500 in under a month with little drawdown. The HiRider, has a nice smooth curve as well, but I noticed it places 10 trades all at the same time which is a curious. The No 1 bot looks abit too aggressive to me.

It all seems pretty transparent really, I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t perform as shown in the FRWC. Damn, I’m tempted. I might have to get my wallet out and put my money where my mouth is.

For those who are interested:

The correct official backtests are displayed here:

forex-robot-world-cup.com/frwc_backtests/LMD_Backtest.html

forex-robot-world-cup.com/frwc_backtests/Official/SUPERVOLCANO.htm

forex-robot-world-cup.com/frwc_backtests/Official/HIRIDER.htm

forex-robot-world-cup.com/frwc_backtests/Fusion_EURUSD_2008_2010.htm

All these backtests are made on the default settings on FXCM-BT broker and show positive results

Hi Guys,

Tracked down this interesting report by a guy who claims to be a beta tester for the Fusion bot.

In a nutshell, he is saying that the bot performs but unlike the FRWC suggest it is not plug and play, but needs “setting up”.

Don’t really understand this, FRWC say that the default settings will get the results that they claim, but this bloke seems to think otherwise.