Forex Trading for the 9 to 5er

stops moved to BE
setting up to take 80% off the board at 70pips on two brokers. Still mad about missing the open

Can’t get a better 9 to 5 textbook set up.

Good one PIB, I don’t know why I was so hesitant. Maybe just a little gun shy of Sun. opening. My trade still has a way to go.

does the channel indicator repaint?

My A/$ did not go much although the pr did hit the 4H Barry’s S/R. I took a 1 pip loss so that I can look at other prs. I should have dropped down to the 4H after seeing the D. PB and used those parameters for TP & SL - or get in when PIB does!

It will reSET when a new major fractal apppears. remeber a fractal appears after price hits a hgh or low point and bounces. It will change by finding the newest ractal and comparing it to the previous ones. If you like you can use a MA but I find the channels to be better at setermining trend strength and the potential counter trend trade.

I went conservative with one trade and closed out for 42 pips total. Didnt even let it run. The second I went agressive for 75 pips and was stopped out for plus 1. Never let a winner turn ointo a loser. Never never never.

No trades tonight as I havent even had the time to do much of anything today. Just scanned through and nothing n lept out at me so I thlought I might just leave it alone for tonight.

I’m in the daily $/Cad; SL @.9842 & TP .9956, entry was a mkt buy @.9893 I’m using the ATR, 70 pips, more than Barry’s S/R this time.

pigsinablanket, I just read your post of the stratagy for the 9 to 5ers, but there was no stratagy posted. Or, am I missing something? :slight_smile:

Posts 1-7 deal with the logic behind the method. Post 8 deals with the entry and exit methods and post 32 has the six questions you need to ask before opening a trade. The looking across the board at indivdual currencies will come as you get used to working with a lot of pairs. I have this up on 2 dozrn pairs plus gold and silver. Will soon have it on some indices.

Having a fundamental understanding of what drives a currency helps tpo. such as oil often correlates with usdcad and copper will move the aud dollar. Understanding the money structure of the world is an ongoing process that I probably havent even come close to mastering. But given time It will start makikng more sense and hopefully I will be able to articulate it into words or at least a mind map flow chart thingy. I know its really complex though.

Thnx, I will search them out and read them.

Very strange yesterday. I saw a PB at the 4pm (CST) closing of the $/C with FXDD so I took the trade. But on MBT demo the candle in no way resembled a PB. And I have been minus pips since then!!

That is why I usually wait a little later for the dust to settle and the Australian doldrums to set in. Im not sure when MB closes its day candle but FXDD is at 5pm EST. The earlier close time helps if the channels are going to rotate or widen but as for pinbars themselves I would wait until just before Japan unless it is an ozzie or kiwi pair or its just on the move.

If your broker closes earlier you can “add” the two candles together to come up with how the candle would look like. You just have to imagine what the candle would look like if you took the current days hour or so of price and “added” it to the previous day. It takes a little imagination but I can do it pretty well now.

FXDD & IBFX close at the same time but MBT I’m not so sure, I will check it out.

Very strange day always in minus pips haha!

think fxopen is an hour difference.

sorry I didn’t post last night but I didn’t see any set ups. I also have been looking for a scalping strategy to complement the 9 to 5. I think I found one here on babaypips. It’s the steroid scalping thread. I dont want to post a link to derail this one. I will still be using this as well as a modified version of steroid scalping with the same logic as 9 to 5. So that a new person can learn 9 to 5 and then move up to steroid scalping. It will be a logical progression from one strategy to another. I will be working out the tweaks and post up my template and indicators for that method there. It’s not fully tested but if anyone has their evenings free we can continue over there while 9 to five is setting up. Scalping involves a little more time commitment. Figure on sitting at your terminal for 1 to 4 hours or more between 3pm to 12pm EST (new york time)

Is this method still profitable? Are there any updates to the indicators / EA?