Forex versus property investment

Having moved down here two years ago I would second all of these - and add that the county is without doubt home to some of the best pubs in the known universe.

Bloody hell this is my life :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone appreciates the above comment more than a Brit - I’ve worked in various European countries when I used to be a c0cktail bartender, both on private yachts and city bars, none of which quite understood ‘bloody hell’, ha

I think it all depends on how much capital you have. After all, if your capital allows you to invest money in real estate, you need to invest money there.

property investment requires much higher starting capital than forex, also you need to have a solid understanding of the market. As you mentioned, if you wanna flip a house then that also takes time and all the necessary paperwork, dealing with workers to fix the house. It’s a lot more than just yourself which is vastly different than forex trading.

Forex is the largest global market where millions of traders from worldwide can trade. More than 4 trillions of transactions take place every day in this market. Even though it’s a decentralized market, it is served by different traders. So, traders should be very much careful about broker selection because a scam broker can make them suffer in the long run.

Each to their own. I think property investing is way riskier than Forex Trading. For anyone with capital < $1m you are probably only going to be able to buy one property at a time - that’s putting all your eggs in one basket. Property prices might go down - you can’t short the property market! Whereas I make most of my profits by short-trading. Also, you have to deal with a bunch of people (builders, architects, estate agents) who really don’t care if you make a profit or not as long as they get paid and can be totally unreliable / go off sick / not turn up to work. Also, huge taxes / stamp duty / estate agent fees / legal fees when comes to flipping a property - the housing market is very illiquid - compare that to the liquidity of the EUR/USD!! Also, with spreadbetting - the most you can lose is everything (if you are a retail trader) - if you buy a property and it all goes tits-up, you can lose more than your initial investment.

Imo, both are profitable depending on your knowledge about the assets. The difference between forex and property investment is that traders in forex aim at making overall profits from small fluctuations in the currency prices, whereas in property investment which is a long- term investment, investors aim at making large profits from the change in the price of the property.
I have not invested in properties though, I prefer trading forex.